In todays bad economy, what ways are there to make money?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Economy is bad. Anyone have ideas on how to make money? Real money, not hopeful money like MLM. That industry is suffering as much as all the other industries.

Or is robbing a bank the only real way to get money?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Currency is low, locals spending power is weak. All industries suffer, most observers expecting major downfall on properties around this mid year.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I was thinking about opening a small booth in front of d Parliament building..something like 'kiss me for $5' thing but instead 'slap Ahmad Maslan for rm1'...I'm sure I'll be a millionaire by d end of d day :)

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I was thinking about opening a small booth in front of d Parliament building..something like 'kiss me for $5' thing but instead 'slap Ahmad Maslan for rm1'...I'm sure I'll be a millionaire by d end of d day :)
Fairly sure people are willing to pay more for this. You can be multi-millionaire

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
try write " experiment nak kutip derma 2.6 bil, rm5 per donation" , i think people will support but sure police catch you faster:biggrin::biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
F&B is still punching its way in bad economy...

when the things gets worst, it will be the only industry that can survive or even increase drastically....

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Fairly sure people are willing to pay more for this. You can be multi-millionaire
Darn I set up d booth I'll be my 1st customer man...i pay myself 100 to start d ball rollin'...

But on a more serious note, I guess all form of businesses are being affected..n now for UPSR you'll have to PAY for ur kids to sit for it!!!!!!!:mad:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
For me, a second job is out of the question.

I will look for a Pak Arab donor. This donor should be super generous, super duper rich, but extremely shy person and willing keep his identity secret even though he donate huge amount of money. The donor should freely donate the money, without any condition and expect no return of favour.

Anyone knows any Pak Arab as such?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

BTW, is the RM1 per slapping inclusive of GST 6%??:biggrin:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
For me, a second job is out of the question.

I will look for a Pak Arab donor. This donor should be super generous, super duper rich, but extremely shy person and willing keep his identity secret even though he donate huge amount of money. The donor should freely donate the money, without any condition and expect no return of favour.

Anyone knows any Pak Arab as such?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

BTW, is the RM1 per slapping inclusive of GST 6%??:biggrin:
Hehe free of gst...if 50 slaps (rm50) siap 10% discount lg...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
F&B is still punching its way in bad economy...

when the things gets worst, it will be the only industry that can survive or even increase drastically....
I think it depends on your location. Not all F&B make money. I know of this hawker center corner lot where I stay was side by side with another corner lot hawker center, the side one has closed down 3 times each time being replaced with a new owner whilst the other one has been around and making lots of business since day one. Feng Shui no good perhaps? Cuz the food that was sold between the two was pretty much the same. Taste wise more or less the same for the noodles I always eat.

Darn I set up d booth I'll be my 1st customer man...i pay myself 100 to start d ball rollin'...

But on a more serious note, I guess all form of businesses are being affected..n now for UPSR you'll have to PAY for ur kids to sit for it!!!!!!!:mad:
Say what? UPSR need to pay? Since when? How much?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sure loooooooooong queue.......hhahhahahahhahahha

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think it depends on your location. Not all F&B make money. I know of this hawker center corner lot where I stay was side by side with another corner lot hawker center, the side one has closed down 3 times each time being replaced with a new owner whilst the other one has been around and making lots of business since day one. Feng Shui no good perhaps? Cuz the food that was sold between the two was pretty much the same. Taste wise more or less the same for the noodles I always eat.

Yup, last Tuesday I went to eat dinner at PJ old town hawker center, there was not many customers. Plenty of seats everywhere. My favorite Ice kacang stall owner can come sit with me to chat. Usually on weekends good business and weekdays also not bad, but looks like it is getting bad......:smokin:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003

Yup bro have to pay...start implement this year (my daughter kira 'pioneer' la...2yrs ago my eldest kena jd Guinea pig for pt3)..TERBAAAAAAAEEKKKK our current govt...anyways quite a number of 'crap' but totaling about 250!!!!! Tho I'm x sure whether d other costs r d same all schools or x but just d UPSR is about 130-140 if x mistaken...

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Day la they took away d '100 for each child' for those earning more then 3k!!!!

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Education nowdays are business opportunities. No more education is a noble profession. Almost all centre (from kintergarden to Uni) are making kill, charging parents this fees, that fees, deposit, payment, etc. Every piece of paper, notes, are counted.

Some bad education centre take advantage of the "economic situation" and demand more fees, (and lastly made profit pulak every year).
I know a kintergarden at mu housing area, where the gurubesar used to drive a Wira. Later upgrade to Vios, then Camry.....and now Merc.
Everytime kintergarden open new intake......she says barang naik harga....no profit and all those bulshit.....

The reality is that the current economy is already bad. Now made worst by those blardy greedy and selfish ppl jacking up prices samor....more for their own gain.

If the situation goes on, a load of bread will cost 5 buck or more, in near future.