Haze - What can we do

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Since our *beep* up government doesn't seem to be giving a pig shit about the situation, I'm starting this thread (or at least) to see what we, the citizens can do. This is what I had in mind.

For one, we need rain, to a certain extent, at least. This is roughly what I can recall from my science classes many years ago.

Rain, basically, is a process of evaporation and condensation. When the earth's surface has water, the heat will evaporate the water, turning it into gas/steam/what-fucking-ever. Then it will rise up to the sky and somehow, stay there. When lots and lots of water evaporation takes place, and all of it gathers in the clouds, where the temperature is a lot cooler than on the earth's surface (in hot places like our country), the gas/steam/whatever will then go through a process of condensation, where it becomes water again. When the water cannot be contained in the clouds anymore, it will come down as rain.

What we can do is this.
At least once a day, spray water on your front porch, the part outside your porch gate and perhaps some part of the road in front of your house. Make it as wet as you see fit. Then let the water evaporate into the sky, in hope that it will become rain.

Now, if only a few people do this, it will make close to no difference at all but think about it. If EVERYBODY spray water once a day, during day time, like that, I believe that rain should come in no time.

This probably sound as stupid as our local government but just sharing my part of this thread. I have started spraying water today and will continue to do it at least once a day. Water bill may be an issue but thinking about it, if we don't do anything, we pay with our health anyway.

Anybody else have any suggestions/opinions/etc on what else we could do to improve the hazy condition ourselves? Or at least try?

--> edited away the foul words.

Last edited:
hopeless..a word..we cant do nothing..

just waiting and pray the haze Quickly Gone!

Amen..

Our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdulah Badawi telling us to PRAY TO GOD...

But we're already having a small water shortage crisis...
I say we all draw water from our very bodies and spit all over the place!

But seriously. I guess pray lah.

- Drink at least 6 litres of water a day, if can cook 'Leong Sui/Liang Teh' to drink.
- Turn on the fan running for 24 hours.
- Close all doors and windows, use newspaper to stuck those holes to prevent haze coming in.
- Don't go out if it's not necessary.
- Put on the mask whereever you go, whatever you do.
- Take bath 3 times or more if you feel itchy all around your body.
- Use Eye-Mo moist, to ease your eyes.

That's all for now. :rock:

he only thign wer can do
-pray to god that he will make rains..
-take care of ourself...(stanalone ECU)

simplythebest said:
- Drink at least 6 litres of water a day, if can cook 'Leong Sui/Liang Teh' to drink.
- Turn on the fan running for 24 hours.
- Close all doors and windows, use newspaper to stuck those holes to prevent haze coming in.
- Don't go out if it's not necessary.
- Put on the mask whereever you go, whatever you do.
- Take bath 3 times or more if you feel itchy all around your body.
- Use Eye-Mo moist, to ease your eyes.

That's all for now. :rock:

yea. but its doesn't gonna work forever. situation is getting serious. we might be shortage of water. when no water, many disease will happen, many things cant be done.

push our own government to put out the fire in indonesia.......how? send some of the soldiers or our fire and rescue department in malaysia over there la. even if is rain, and there goes the haze for one day..then come back again cos the fire havent put down! so.....i suggest government send some of our soldiers and fire-rescue department over indonesia to put out the fire 1st. and then ask for our lost from indo government, i'm sure government is good at this, government has been sucking our money, why not others also?

Yeah...hope indon gov do something to their farmers.Can't blame 100% to those farmer because their country is poor and infrastructure is 10x worst then what we have here thus they are still practicing the same old kuno way of land clearing by burning everything.Their gov should do something to it BUT the excuse is "My country to big cannot control la" duh....as if usa is not big enuff..china is not big enuff....russia is not big enuff...

Wear mask when we go out,drink alot of water,clean our air con filter,yeah pray for rain and the wind change direction and blow back to indon.Why they burn and we suffer,nonsenses.

desmond937 said:
push our own government to put out the fire in indonesia.......how? send some of the soldiers or our fire and rescue department in malaysia over there la. even if is rain, and there goes the haze for one day..then come back again cos the fire havent put down! so.....i suggest government send some of our soldiers and fire-rescue department over indonesia to put out the fire 1st. and then ask for our lost from indo government, i'm sure government is good at this, government has been sucking our money, why not others also?

our country have sent back up to indonesia. but becuz the hot spots sides are either unreacharable or there is no good infrastructure there... saw bernama juz now. our government is planning on cloud seeding soon... but all will depends on the weather again... :mad:

Y'all,
What I meant was what can we, the citizens, do to help ourselves.

Yes, there is no doubt that if the fires are not put out, we will always be fighting the haze. However, IF the rain comes again sometime in September or October (I think this is the rainy season again), we still have to fight the haze. Whether or not our fucked up government sends people to help, we will not TRUELY know if they did send help or not.

The example I've given above is where all of us spray water in front of our house, with much hope that the water will evaporate and condense in the cloud and come down as rain. So in a way, we're "trying to make rain" by ourselves but this needs SERIOUSLY A LOT of people to do so. And yes, there is water shortage but either way, we are suffering. Save water, and continue to breath haze. Waste a bit of water, there MAY be a chance that rain will come, at least to wash down the haze.

Hope y'all get what I mean. hehehe :)

dun smoke
dun dyno your car
dun boost your car

satria_95 said:
Y'all,
What I meant was what can we, the citizens, do to help ourselves.

Yes, there is no doubt that if the fires are not put out, we will always be fighting the haze. However, IF the rain comes again sometime in September or October (I think this is the rainy season again), we still have to fight the haze. Whether or not our fucked up government sends people to help, we will not TRUELY know if they did send help or not.

The example I've given above is where all of us spray water in front of our house, with much hope that the water will evaporate and condense in the cloud and come down as rain. So in a way, we're "trying to make rain" by ourselves but this needs SERIOUSLY A LOT of people to do so. And yes, there is water shortage but either way, we are suffering. Save water, and continue to breath haze. Waste a bit of water, there MAY be a chance that rain will come, at least to wash down the haze.

Hope y'all get what I mean. hehehe :)

its nothing we can do. juz prevention. n if prevention also for the current situation, wont last forever. something is limited also. government ain't taking good of our wellfare. they sits in office everyday.... late for work, but early bc... then hv many2 break, tea-time.. n bla bla bla..

now is concerning our own life... no jokes.. i am getting frustrated n impatient here.

gloss,
I share your sentiments, dude. I'm getting very pissed with the government too. Maybe we should all do 1 final open burning.... BURN THE INDONESIAN EMBASSY in Malaysia. They want to see how fire will affecting us, we burn the forsaken embassy. Burn the people in it too. The number of lives lost in that embassy will never be enough to account for all the deteriorating health that malaysians are going through.

And yeah, nothing much we can do. Maybe I think too much and that's how I came about the suggestion of the water thing. sigh.... haze is getting to me

satria_95 said:
gloss,
I share your sentiments, dude. I'm getting very pissed with the government too. Maybe we should all do 1 final open burning.... BURN THE INDONESIAN EMBASSY in Malaysia. They want to see how fire will affecting us, we burn the forsaken embassy. Burn the people in it too. The number of lives lost in that embassy will never be enough to account for all the deteriorating health that malaysians are going through.

And yeah, nothing much we can do. Maybe I think too much and that's how I came about the suggestion of the water thing. sigh.... haze is getting to me

:biggrin: no burning now.. later we lagi suffer n cant breath... juz now when out, saw most ppl wore protective masks, i was like thinking wat in the hell?? our life got stuck juz bcuz of some open burning, n its none of our fault. wat we owe then in previous life huh?? even fish are lying above the water surface dead, lack of O2...

Stay at home..no need to work but salary still get paid!!!!keke:tongue: :biggrin:

cybernation said:
Stay at home..no need to work but salary still get paid!!!!keke:tongue: :biggrin:

ahah... :biggrin: good one brother. but i tink wont happen.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom