GK header / extractor

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
Dear All

I found that my header has crack and leaking. any GK owner changed their header?? which shop has the extractor and the price? BTW i hope after changing it, engine check light wont appear

Thanks

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
temptation to remove cat con la bro. but phobia with check light. will consider ur solution given earlier

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
CEL oni ma... no big issue... just do like how I did lah. Any of ur fren who wanna erase CEL also can look for u ma.. u charge them RM20... lol... Market price is RM50...

It wont brings and effect if u stick with stock exhaust with aftermarket header. Just go to visit wei yip @ Puchong... u can pm him.. his nick is "kweng85" I guess... with a white colour car avatar. From header to muffler less than RM1k... cheap~~ lolzzz

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
some advise to install a piggyback to eliminate CEL . can??

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Recently just knew that there is a way to eliminate CEL.. its a very simple method.

Once we fabricated a new header/extractor, it will increase the air flow... alot. Thus, O2 sensor will sense something unusual happened because of the strong air flow...

So we will need something call "o2 sensor shield".. with this shield installed, the air flow wont blow/pass thru the o2sensor directly and thus no more CEL... O2sensor still functioning as it reads the tempreature and not air flow speed...

That's wat the exhaust shop guy told me lah... he told me 101% will solve CEL issue.

This guy's workshop located in USJ 1...
I will send mine to install the o2sensor shield in this week.. so mengking... lol.. u can save the hassle to buy OBD2 from ebay liau. =D

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

mengking... u wanna go together mou?

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Friday... lunch hour. Will keep u update once I got it fix. BTW, u wanna change extractor oni a? Change full set piping lah.. Puchong Xin Exhaust can kau tim for u cheap cheap.. RM950 include extractor, centre bullet, 2 end muffler and 2 titanium lookalike tips.

Last edited:

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
Friday... lunch hour. Will keep u update once I got it fix. BTW, u wanna change extractor oni a? Change full set piping lah.. Puchong Xin Exhaust can kau tim for u cheap cheap.. RM950 include extractor, centre bullet, 2 end muffler and 2 titanium lookalike tips.
Like that you go fix first. friday i got work la .. help to to take down the name card better if gps coordinate :)

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
Yea.. still come out. But this time the CEL read different code... so u better hold ur horse 1st.. lol

mengking

Mar 2, 2006
i wonder if install high flow cat converter will resolve or not

rbwheels

Known Member
Sep 20, 2008
I guess the issue is with the O2 sensor... but if u could find a plug n play cat.. then for sure the CEL issue wont happen. They did extensive RnD liau before mass produce.. I think la.. lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Review: BMW F90 M5 Sepang Circuit First Drive + Turn by Turn Impressions

Actual pull from this 600hp new era 4WD BMW M5 sedan is brutal in real world acceleration but no where near as barbaric as say, a 911 Turbo in case you're wondering. Even so, it is not wrong to say they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience