Gear problem

maximum

Jan 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys.
Since I got my satria neo cps on 2010, my engine is acting a bit weird. Here is what happens exactly:

1- I am driving on second gear
2- Releasing the gas pedal
3- When my engine RPM is at 1000 (the car is still moving - 2nd gear), if I press the gas pedal to max, it seems like it doesn't get enough air or too much petrol going in. Then the car won't accelerate.
I have to totally release the pedal, then press it gently.
4- Now I am in 3rd gear, RPM at 2000, when I max press the pedal, it accelerates pretty well.
5- At forth gear, no matter what RPM I am (2000+), when I press the pedal normally or to max, the car won't accelerate.
6- Lets not talk about 5th Gear :D it is the worst!

So after all these years, I realized that I need to push the gas pedal to an exact extend, then only the car moves properly (not hard, not low). If it is a bit off, then it won't accelerate (When I say no acceleration, I mean not even a minimal acceleration, it gives the same feeling as your engine is out of gas and it is about to switch off - so the car jumps a bit).

Any idea what can cause the problem? And how can I fix it? Thanks in advance
-Max

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Regards Max. I'm driving a humble 1.6 with auto tranny. I know it's a bit off-topic, but it's related in accordance with how to fix that fire by wire problems. I had encountered 2 damaged gearboxes within my 3 and half years span using campro ( and yes, it's a common Proton's f**king problem when it comes to auto tranny ). Had to changed it myself ( void warranty ). Now using a used one, had some minor problem with the sensor's wiring. Then I've installed Works throttle controller ( about RM 450 plus labor and setting ). The wiring problem's gone, the lag in response gone and the best part is you can set it to hell-yeah level ( Sport 7 ). This is not an opinion, but plug,play and felt statement. I do recommend it for manual to some friends and their feedback, positives. But a warning though, the FC point will increase a bit when using sport mode. In normal mode, it's a goldmine. I used the normal mode, my FC had drop from 9.0 to 8.1. That's relatively low for an auto transmission with 17" wheels. You will be able to shed that lagging and response syndrome. Just my two cents. Do ask around for better evaluation. :burnout:

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
crazykatak,
Sounds like impossible, but that's the story. Like hell for sure. The first one was factory-defected. After 4 months of purchased ( Dec,2009 ) The gearshift started to malfunction. Took it to Proton, then one of their head engineer came down to inspect it. He declared that the warranty is void due to exhaust mod and some minor aftermarket parts inside the engine bay. I did fought for good 6 months and after some help from Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna, Proton had decided to settle it with payment but I'd have to rectify the problem myself. Well, had to wait for the used gbox's price decreased. Found one from GCC PJ, took the gbox, installed it and running well for 3 months. Then comes the second problem.
The second one happened due to the spray of water from below the engine during rainy season. It affected the shifting sensors and thus the shift deterred once again. I thought it was nothing, but then the gbox had lost its integrity and there it goes again. But this time I've manage to get another gbox from a friend who had converted his ride to manual. But still the wiring problem haunted the whole thing. It occur once or twice in a week. The D light flashes, the gear would start from 3rd, not 1 like usual and the reverse gear will shock a bit if implemented.
Then out of nowhere, just wanted to try the throttle control. And then, the sensors and wiring problems fade just like that. Did ask around some mechanics and they said maybe the sensors did not get enough input from the main adapter and the throttle controller had perhaps provide that missing link.
Don't care about how it works, just wanted my old car back, and now I've got it. But the controller did well. There's another brand out there, REDLINE, priced the same and had the same function. All the same stuff, they just bypassed the sensors buffer zone in the drive by wire system. Side effects? Still asking and asking to find out if this bypassing deed may cause any mishaps. Will give feedback on the pros and cons if I've got any. So, far, quite satisfied with the car. Accelerate a bit better. I'm not a wannabe racer or anything, just wanted the edge to overtake when traveling far. After all, it's an auto. What more can it do. LOL.

nasilemak_addict

Apr 23, 2007
The standard ECU tends to hold back the fuel supply whenever you suddenly step 100% on the gas pedal. ECU is set in that way for the purpose of protecting the engine. Installing FPR, advancing the cam timing, and also a piggyback/stand alone ECU should minimize that issue. Also, stepping on the gas pedal at 50% for couple of seconds allow the ECU to adjust itself to supply more fuel, and once you step it down further to 100%, you will get good acceleration... The ECU used for Campro engines can be abit "too smart"..

Please do correct me if I am wrong tho.. :stupid:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
interested to know more about throttle controller la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What do you guys think of MIVEC engine as compare to 4G91 or 92? Care to share your experience/ expertise? Cheers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience