GAB shocks -

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
if those things suck i will never sell it ....
i myself is using the product and i don't see any problem......

ahchuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2005
i oso plan to get the abs... but i ask my fren.. he say no good.. coz my fren supply the things to the GAP boss.my fren told me is make in KEPONG. behind the shop..
he use our original abs to change to shock abs.. this wat i hear from my fren.

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
i do think that we have to try the product first before making any judgement ....no point hearing from here and there and it might cause havoc to the business....

after all it has 1 year warranty..........

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
the 1 i'm selling is imported thats why is much more expensive than accessory shops........

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I feel that providing warranty is a good thing. However, the bad thing is that customer's time is wasted when they have to go back to the shop over and over again. If it's just once after about 6 months, then I guess it's not too bad. I mean, if you were the customer and they were to provide 1 to 1 exchange, no questions asked, but you have to go back and exchange it every 2-3 months time, how would you feel? Further more, some customers are from far off places and it's time consuming to travel to the shop to claim its warranty. Just my opinion.

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
I think a lot of factors also have to be taken into consideration when buying absorbers. I actually bought a complete set of absorbers from the shop in Kepong you all are talking about. My set is non-adjustable. I only bought the absorbers though as I did not trust the springs he was selling at that time.

I've been using the absorbers with standard springs for about 2 years now and have not faced any problems with them. So either your stiffness setting does not match your spring rates or maybe there are other factors in play?

But as far as I know, that shop gives a warranty on their products. :huh:

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Originally posted by satria_95@Jan 23 2005, 14:50
I feel that providing warranty is a good thing. However, the bad thing is that customer's time is wasted when they have to go back to the shop over and over again. If it's just once after about 6 months, then I guess it's not too bad. I mean, if you were the customer and they were to provide 1 to 1 exchange, no questions asked, but you have to go back and exchange it every 2-3 months time, how would you feel? Further more, some customers are from far off places and it's time consuming to travel to the shop to claim its warranty. Just my opinion.
just want to let you all know that there are people selling fake GAB in the market and you cannot differentiate it if you are not a workshop guy....
if you buy the original 1 you won't have to change it.

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
ori gab is adjustable on the damping, kepong wan is non adjustable,

if u get the adjustable fr kepong that means they have change the valve and rebuild it......

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
luckily i am also selling adjustables...........

silvertop

Known Member
Mar 19, 2004
Originally posted by 4agze@Jan 24 2005, 08:26
tipoo GAB laa...

how do you identify it is imported one? got proof ah? :P :D
onli smart ppl will know it, so are u smart enough hahahaha......

wat proof u wan bro....

that wan inside ur car is ori lor...... u forgot liao??????

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by silvertop+Jan 24 2005, 15:01 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silvertop @ Jan 24 2005, 15:01 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4agze@Jan 24 2005, 08:26
tipoo GAB laa...

how do you identify it is imported one? got proof ah? :P :D
onli smart ppl will know it, so are u smart enough hahahaha......

wat proof u wan bro....

that wan inside ur car is ori lor...... u forgot liao?????? [/b][/quote]
dirty = Original
Shining2 = Cap Ayam Brand..

j/k :P

aiyah, can ask him to let you see that he imported from japan maa, sure got receipt maa...

SIGNhere

Jan 20, 2005
dirty .. ori ..
shining .. cap ayam .. :lol: :lol: :( :( ..

terbeli loor .. makan roti loorr ..

lucky me, the shop replaced me with the new wan ..

mabe speed demon has the point there .. me using apex front and rear .. but front to high, bout there fingers .. whereas rear only one and a hlf .. macam motoboat .. so, decided to replace the front wan .. after that, the problem occured

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
*Original GAB absorber comes with at least 4-level adjustable. most(almost all) "GAB" which are selling in the market which was stock replacement / hi-low were counter-fake product.