Fuel Consumption Super High

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Good day guys ,

I'm headache with the fuel consumption of my car .... It eats a lot recently.
Before this which is 1months+ before, my satria 1.3GLi manage to run rm50 :300~320km

however, i have change nothing between the times like racing stuff, but my fuel is drop dramastically ! now rm50:190~220km only ... :cry_smile::cry_smile:

Im using racing air filter,4-2-1 extractor with big exhaust(that all i can think that FC). But the problem is it's installed since last year... It have no problem yet can run average 300km ..

Now all of sudden, it drop too bad... i cant stand with it lol. I even buy some fuel saver product, stock air filter,dcarbonize, service my car(clean t-bosy,engineoil,oil filter,sparkplug,radiotor pipe)... and yet nothing changed !!

it should gimme at least 350km lol after i change to stock air filter :cry_smile:

haihz, i wonder whats wrong with my car ... i went to few mech oledi and all gimme different cause that wan me change, but after change if not the problem then chnage again ?
the latest mech i go ask me change my T-body... say the rubber there a bit melt liao :emoticon_U:

I need more advice from u guys what is the main cause of the problem ... I dowant spend money for unnnecesary changes lol ....
If the FC increase 10~20km i dont care ,.,, but now is almost 100km differences :cry_smile::cry_smile:

THX so much for reading ZTH-ian

vinzzy

Dec 6, 2006
hi bro,

i not sure i able to help, but did you enlarge the flow-ways when you turn to 4-2-1 system? i think normally ppl use 16mm piping.. if you do go for larger piping.. the horse power wont really able to support the flows.. it only will wasted ur fuel & $$$...
hopes it will help dude...

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
your car (1.3L) should only have 1.5 - 1.7" inlet and at most 2.5" outlet.
Your cc is small so it doesnt have enough power to push out the exhaust fumes thus increasing the FC.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
did you change your job/office?
rim? tyres? maybe you can try green tires?

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
try install bk stock exhaust n 4-2-1? RM50fuel less thn 250km w/ 1.3 eng... -.-''
fc quite high.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ur car injection rite??... check if ur O2 sensor faulty or not... or other sensors which contributes to ur AFR.... i guess its ur car fuel management setting gone wrong la, since u said ur car still can manage 300km after installing that big exhaust...

if got chance, change back to smaller piping la... 1.3L should use around 1.7" to 2.0" max piping....

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Woah,I have to admit that it's seriously burning your fuel up man,mine is already considered fucked up already,only manage to run for 275km-300km for 60 bucks worth of petrol.

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
huhuhu.. ur "DAMN TERUK FC" is mine last tyme...50 bucks for 200++ km..summore cant even idle properly at all!!...afte tat..found out..my stupid fren played a prank on me,he cabut my air flow sensor connector!! :emoticon_U: .hmm check ur sensors man..o2..air flow sensor shit n tps...just in case...

PutraMon

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
check tyres...low pressure tyres will consume alot of fuel..

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Vinzzy & Alex : Erm, i know big exaust is not suitable, but the thing is i've been with this big exaust since long time and it can run rm50 for 300km. Thing just drop badly this month onli.

Skywalker & hornydrifter : Errr, what's the o2 censor ??? o2 censor can caused fuel consumption very high ??

putramon : typre pressure ... do u mean the wind inside my tyre ? As i can see, i see my tyre got enuf wind inside ma ... i press press my tyre also very hard

thx all for the reply ^^

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Norns said:
I even buy some fuel saver product, stock air filter,dcarbonize, service my car(clean t-bosy,engineoil,oil filter,sparkplug,radiotor pipe)... and yet nothing changed !!
What kind of fuel saver product u go install la dey?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
O2 sensor arr??... the sensor to sense ur AFR mixture so it can auto tune ur AFR back to normal... if O2 sensor faulty, it will continue to supply more n more fuel, thus u will be running with rich mixture and waste alot of fuel...

where is O2 sensor??... not vr sure la... if not mistaken, its plug into the extractor... or the one at the entry point after ur airbox??... not sure la, i not driving injection car... hahaha...

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
o2 censor cause how much arr ? is there anyway can detect is o2 censor is faulty ma ?

err, i install the fuel saver that plug inbetween fuel injection tiub de @@

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
check exhaust emission. if black smoke, then engine needs tune up.

for EFI, oxygen sensor plays a big part.

for carbie, do a complete tuning including air filter, engine timing and carburettor cleaning (its pre-set from factory; no need adjusting)

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
my car is fuel injection type de ...

no black smoke from exhaust ...

Anymore opinion from expert out there ma ?

this really make my pocket hurts T.T

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
OXYGEN (O2) SENSOR
Used on both carbureted and fuel injected engines since 1981, the oxygen (O2) sensor is the key sensor in the fuel mixture feedback control loop.

Mounted in the exhaust manifold, the O2 sensor monitors the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust. On many V6 and V8 engines, there are two such sensors (one for each bank of cylinders).

The O2 sensor generates a voltage signal that is proportional to the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust. When the fuel mixture is rich, most of the oxygen is consumed during combustion so there is little unburned oxygen in the exhaust. The difference in oxygen levels between the exhaust inside the manifold and the air outside creates an electrical potential across the sensors platinum and zirconium tip. This causes the sensor to generate a voltage signal. The sensor's output is high (up to 0.9v) when the fuel mixture is rich (low oxygen), and low (down to 0.1v) when the mixture is lean (high oxygen).

Sensor output is monitored by the computer and is used to rebalance the fuel mixture for lowest emissions. When the sensor reads "lean" the PCM increases the on-time of the injectors to make the fuel mixture go rich. Conversely, when the sensor reads "rich" the PCM shortens the on-time of the injectors to make the fuel mixture go lean. This causes a rapid back-and-forth switching from rich to lean and back again as the engine is running. These even waves result in an "average" mixture that is almost perfectly balanced for clean combustion. The switching rate is slowest in older feedback carburetors, faster is throttle body injection systems and fastest in multiport sequential fuel injection.

If the O2 sensor's output is monitored on an oscilloscope, it will produce a zigzagging line that dances back and forth from rich to lean. Think of it as a kind of heart monitor for the engine's air/fuel mixture.

O2 Sensor Strategies
Unheated one- or two-wire O2 sensors on 1976 through early 1990s applications should be replaced every 30,000 to 50,000 miles to assure reliable performance. Heated 3 and 4-wire O2 sensors on mid-1980s through mid-1990s applications should be changed every 60,000 miles. On OBD II equipped vehicles, the recommended replacement interval is 100,000 miles. The O2 sensor's responsiveness and voltage output can diminish with age and exposure to certain contaminants in the exhaust such as lead, sulfur, silicone (coolant leaks) and phosphorus (oil burning). If the sensor becomes contaminated, it may not respond very quickly to changes in the air/fuel mixture causing a lag in the PCMs ability to control the air/fuel mixture.

The sensor's voltage output may decline giving a lower than normal reading. This may cause the PCM to react as if the fuel mixture were leaner than it really is resulting in an overly rich fuel mixture.

quoted from WAC forum...

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Thx skywalker for great info ^^ never heard of this o2 sensor b4 this hehe ...
so this mean every car MUST have o2 sensor issit ? n how i know if its faulty n how much to repair it de ?

roolakid, no fuel leaking lo cos mech said if fuel leakin sure smell terrible wan @@

Issit really becos of my T-Body spoilt ? the rubber undeaneath it melt ... scare i spend rm700~800 for this t-body then the problem still persist =.=

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi. Would the ZTH members share their pricing regarding this services below. I don't wanna get cheated so i would appreciate your help. My car is perdana sei.

How much is it for :

Pumping Front Cambers
Pumping Rear Cambers
Alignment
Balancing
Nitrogen

I would really appreciate your help for these info and let it be shared so that people out there won't get cheated.

Do quote me the price for pumping of front and rear cambers for perdana. Thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience