4age silvertop black smoke,bad idle,misfire,high fuel consumption

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone,

I.have a 4age silvertop and suddenly one day engine idle very low and sometimes the engine just dies. Lots of misfires happening and plenty of black smoke coming out. Exhaust smell like lot of petrol all the time.

I tried changing air flow sensor but it was just the same. Tried cleaning the throttle body,the foreman seems like not so experienced. Now idle very high around 1500 rpm and still lot of misfires n black smoke n high fuel consumption. I have changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires also. I really don't know what's the problem. Any suggestions or can.u suggest a mechanic that knows how to deal with silvertop

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
check error codes first...or try swap the ecu...

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Ahaaa. Good,i was suspecting stuck injectors. Because CEL comes out normally when engine off and once it runs it comes out good.

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I.checked it today and there are no codes at all. Check engine was blinking continously and not showing any codes (normal 2.digit blinking) I'm totally lost. I guess ill check the ecu

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Yes,insanely rich. At first i thought injectors were stuck open. But they are not. They are tapping just fine. I have only the ECU and fuel regulator left. I need a mechanic that knows what he is doing. My last one played with the Air flow adjustment and he didn't know what he was doing. Things just got worse.

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Try swap the ecu
Yes there are some mechanics to be recommend
Please let us know your location
I'm staying in Gombak area, but have no problem going to even another state for a really good mechanic :driver:. so any suggestions are welcome. because i need to fix the problem (ECU or whatever it is) plus get the air flow sensor adjusted right as well as the throttle body after the tampering by the earlier mechanic.

by the way, I read that ECUs can be fixed by replacing the burnt capacitors right??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm staying in Gombak area, but have no problem going to even another state for a really good mechanic :driver:. so any suggestions are welcome. because i need to fix the problem (ECU or whatever it is) plus get the air flow sensor adjusted right as well as the throttle body after the tampering by the earlier mechanic.

by the way, I read that ECUs can be fixed by replacing the burnt capacitors right??
Yes, you can if you know which is giving problem, but usually if ECU problem ECL should come on too. Mine did and my Mitsu ECU was one of the worst ECU, many had problem....:banghead:
Seldom hear of other makes having so much problem....:smokin:

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Usually if a capacitor is burnt,you can easily see it. It will be looking blackish with leaking or will be swollen. They are like little batteries. But again needs someone who knows what he is doing to fix it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually if a capacitor is burnt,you can easily see it. It will be looking blackish with leaking or will be swollen. They are like little batteries. But again needs someone who knows what he is doing to fix it.
If burnt can just change the parts, mine leaked and damaged the board, could not be salvaged. I pass to my factory engineer to check and he also confirm the board damaged.
Better check fast too in case any capacitor are leaking....:smokin:

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
im going to a wiring man tomorrow. took leave from work already. still waiting for mechanics suggestions. any help guys?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Cheras - E&T Car Services @ 016-338 0484 (Ah Fatt)
Salak South - HAZ Garage @ 019-370 2464 (Ah Cai)
Semenyih - Power Speed @ 012-704 8869 (Ah Nga)
Old Klg Road - 011-1286 8991 (Arthur)
Old Klg Road - Daz Garage @ 017-398 8593 (Imran)
Shah Alam - JMS @ 016-285 2027 (Hazrin)
Kepong - Good Speed @ 019-224 8577 (Ah Choy)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

can someone tell me anyplace that can repair or selling a sunroof repair kit/sparepart.I'm looking for weatherstrip rubber around the sunroof.It's a factory fitted sunroof and metal type (not the glass one).Maybe same like old BMW ,or Alfa romeo one.Help please :(

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience