front drive grip???

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the best chamber for daily front tyre -1.0 enuf..

even during tarmac rally i only adjust -1.5 la....donwan to looks like too much like touring car close to -3.0 degree oso have....

front anti rollbar need bigger...19-21mm would be good...but u'll felt your current suspension setup becomes harder than usual...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
sure need to scarifice comfort for performance..

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
put LSD...if u proton, perodua or daihatsu can ask powerzone to put custom LSD for ur car...price around RM5++....

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Just my humble 2 sen...

You have to know what you want and ask properly... What do you mean by front drive grip?
You want your car to handle better in the corners, or you just want more grip at straight road/launching? Or more traction while accelerating out of corners? All the suggestions everyone posted here are for different things... if you do some self study and ask around with the correct questions, you are more likely to get what you want without wasting money on wrong modifications.

If you just want more grip, 80% of it depends on the tire. Buy good tires, then got good grip. Suspension kong kiau also got grip. The wider the tires, the more grip (Rim size doesnt matter, a 225/50/15 will have more grip than a 195/45/17. However, the lower the tire profile, the more control (less sidewall flex), but the less comfortable).

If you want good handling and traction, now thats a whole different story.

Just to correct a few things here, stiff suspension, thicker anti-roll bars, etc do *not* give more grip.

If you only install a thicker anti-roll bar /stiffer suspension in the front without changing anything else, your car will actually understeer more. You need to increase stiffness in front and at the back accordingly to get good handling. You will get less body roll, more car control, but this doesnt necessarily mean more grip.

If you add camber (not chamber, guys...), it will give you more contact patch when your tire flexes at cornering, hence more grip in the corners. But when on straight roads, you get less grip than having a straight camber.

LSD increases traction, but does not increase any physical grip. Traction = your car's ability to sustain grip on 4 wheels as a whole. Basically, people tune the car to maximize traction, with whatever grip that is given by the tires.

Last edited:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
go for LSD hehehe..with LSD and without LSD i feel much different...but stereng a bit heavy la when cornering....traction superb..

Che.Det

Known Member
Jul 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just my humble 2 sen...

You have to know what you want and ask properly... What do you mean by front drive grip?
You want your car to handle better in the corners, or you just want more grip at straight road/launching? Or more traction while accelerating out of corners? All the suggestions everyone posted here are for different things... if you do some self study and ask around with the correct questions, you are more likely to get what you want without wasting money on wrong modifications.

If you just want more grip, 80% of it depends on the tire. Buy good tires, then got good grip. Suspension kong kiau also got grip. The wider the tires, the more grip (Rim size doesnt matter, a 225/50/15 will have more grip than a 195/45/17. However, the lower the tire profile, the more control (less sidewall flex), but the less comfortable).

If you want good handling and traction, now thats a whole different story.

Just to correct a few things here, stiff suspension, thicker anti-roll bars, etc do *not* give more grip.

If you only install a thicker anti-roll bar /stiffer suspension in the front without changing anything else, your car will actually understeer more. You need to increase stiffness in front and at the back accordingly to get good handling. You will get less body roll, more car control, but this doesnt necessarily mean more grip.

If you add camber (not chamber, guys...), it will give you more contact patch when your tire flexes at cornering, hence more grip in the corners. But when on straight roads, you get less grip than having a straight camber.

LSD increases traction, but does not increase any physical grip. Traction = your car's ability to sustain grip on 4 wheels as a whole. Basically, people tune the car to maximize traction, with whatever grip that is given by the tires.

u already answer it all, thnxx

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First, let me intro myself. I am just another sales man cum installer of car alarm system which had a few years of experience in this field. In the past few years, i found out that many people doesn't really know what a alarm can help them to protect their beloved rides, their belongings, them self and most importantly, their family members like spouse and children. This thread serve a purpose to be a basic education material that most car owner should know about it, the important and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience