double 2 chn amp VS single 4 chn amp

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cuppacino

Aug 18, 2006
hi i'm not sure if this has been asked b4 or not. which is better ? two of 2 channel amp vs one of 4 channel amp. from the same brand same fuse rating.

as far as i know, in order to protect a bigger power a bigger fuse is used.
but according to specs, one amp is 4x60rms while the other is 2x60rms using the same fuse. how ?

juz in case ur wondering.. i need a total of 4 channels, 2 to power 6" woofer, 2 to power midrange + tweeter.

the total of 2 2channel amp is only a bit higher than 1 4channel amp. which shd i get ?

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If the space not your consent I vote for 2 unit 2ch.. if space is limited I will vote for 4ch.. but I'm refer to branded 1 not ayam brand laa.. coz ayam 1 would not improve anything either U use 2unit 2ch or 1unit 4ch..

smartgen2

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
before u get the 4 ch amp, i strongly suggest u check ur space availability 1st. some 4ch cannot fit under the seat.

if the price and spec is same, i would go for 2x2 as it is seperate power source and the circuit/housing should be less stress. sound should be better lor...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i would said depend on the spec of the amp

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
I would recommend getting 2 units of 2-channel instead of a 4-channel(everything same), the 2 units of 2-channel will have more power reserve as it will not need to share the same power supply between 4-channels, each 2-channels have it's own power supply. :_:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
depend on amp design...there's a lot of 4ch amp actually using 2x power supply circuit unlike those normal brand which only use 1 power supply for 2 amplifier circuit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya.. like what howie said. There are some 4-channel amps that perform as well as double 2-channels (Like the TRU Billet amp)

If it's the Helix A-series amps you're referring to, get two Helix A2 competitions and that will give you 150w x 4 of pure clean power :D

The Helix A4 will give 75w x 4 only

But then again, mnkh27 (I think that's his nick here) is selling a a/d/s/ top of the line 4-channel amp 100w x 4.. freaking loads of power.

Btw, all of the amps I mentioned above cannot fit under a normal Wira seat.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dogs... Best friend or pest? You decide...

This time's correction was on my own car. Damages done by men's best friend that have been bothering me for a long time. What better time to do it than on a vacant saturday...

Swirls and random deep scratches. Must have had a party on my bonnet.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience