Adding another AMP

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bigkingzth

Known Member
hi thanks for viewing, i would like to know how to wire my amps, in my currnet system my HU powers front and rear speakers and tweeters, and i have one 4 channel amp whichs power twin 10" subs, how do i add in another amp if i do not want to get a crossover or pre amp? thanks for the help in advance

yes.. adding another amp is possible of course.. how? it depends on the rca from the head unit.. the no. of pre-outs determines the wiring.. :wink:

If your HU got 2 pre-out(front and sub) then is better, if not then buy a Y splitter. Use your new amp to power your subwoofer and 4 channel for your front and rear speakers. Looks like you only using 2 channel on your current amp, the other 2 is sleeping. What's your HU btw? You tell us your HU, then we can help you. My concept in ICE is no pre-amp or eletronic crossover used. Less component use, less airplane sound...

Can your HU play mp3? If yes then is 3750, but sorry, this HU got only 1 pre-out, if you want more control on your woofer and speakers, then you have to atleast buy a pre-amp.. Or you can adjust the gain settings on your amp...

doesnt matter how many pre-out u hv, 2get dis easier, simply get a splitter or 1 to 2 extension connector.
for splitter u hv 2 connect all de way from HU 2yur new amp.
if U use extension connector u only hv 2 connect another RCA cable from yur existing amp 2yur new amp,n oso can juz tap de power source from previous amp, remember de shortest wiring u hv, de less noise u generate.
hope dis wil help :smile: :biggrin:

Bottom line, want more control on sound, buy a pre-amp, want less control, buy splitter...

good equipment and good installation will never cause aeroplane noise. invest in a 2/3 way electronic crossover, thats the best option for 1 RCA out into 2 or more amps/channels......

boss, currently i just connect my 4-channel amp to head unit using Y-split RCA cable.. coz my HU only got 1 preout... went to KFAudio.. saw this alpine dual-amp balancer.. which can be used replace the Y-split cable. do u think it is worth it to get .. or will it just add more noise to the current setup?

ALPINE-4312.jpg

digitheatre said:
boss, currently i just connect my 4-channel amp to head unit using Y-split RCA cable.. coz my HU only got 1 preout... went to KFAudio.. saw this alpine dual-amp balancer.. which can be used replace the Y-split cable. do u think it is worth it to get .. or will it just add more noise to the current setup?

ALPINE-4312.jpg

Did your current Y-split RCA cable give you any problem? If no, what for you want to waste money that serve the the same porpose of the splitter? Is it just because is Alpine? From the picture i see is more or less the same, only it got a box with it.
In ICE there is no such thing as investment, is called wasting money, as it never generate money for us after buy it. It only generate money to accessories shop. Not like share market and others, we buy today and it will generate money for us, then that is call investment. Just think on it, you want to go in to ICE competition, you waste few ks to few 10ks to setup the system, but the prize only have the cup and few hundred cash prize. Is it worth it? Amyway this my point of view.

Last edited:
kyheng said:
In ICE there is no such thing as investment, is called wasting money, as it never generate money for us after buy it. It only generate money to accessories shop. Not like share market and others, we buy today and it will generate money for us, then that is call investment. Just think on it, you want to go in to ICE competition, you waste few ks to few 10ks to setup the system, but the prize only have the cup and few hundred cash prize. Is it worth it? Amyway this my point of view.
fully agree here Mr. KyHeng. it should call as "spend" instead.
competition is for manufacturer, not the end user. if u win in the competition using rockford, ppl will say rockford good, not u good. ppl will say u good only in spending $$$$$$.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
this accessory is used to adjust the signal between the two RCA like fade or level adjust. if u feel there is a need for that u can go ahead.

i believe in investment on good equipment in ice will give its returns from the satisfaction u get from good SQ and no headaches from noise generated from inferior products & installation.

example, last night we finished installation of a complete system using a mix of cheap products and 2nd hand products at 7pm. the troubleshooting ended at 11pm when the sub, sub amp and rca cable had to be changed. so much hassle and headache :frown: :thumpdown :mad:

GTR said:
fully agree here Mr. KyHeng. it should call as "spend" instead.
competition is for manufacturer, not the end user. if u win in the competition using rockford, ppl will say rockford good, not u good. ppl will say u good only in spending $$$$$$.
biggrin.gif

Spend and waste the meaning is more or less the same, depend how we take it.. anyway what you say is true. When you win, people only will know the brand, not you. But when you lost, people will know who are you.

well..did I mention anything about wasting money? IMHO.. i never consider my spending to ICE is a waste coz the satisfaction i got from enjoying the good music is a pay back already. i'm a noob in ICE.. i dun go for competition.. i spend for my own satisfaction only. wasting money for me is when i spend blindly my money without having any knowledge about the thing is spend. my 2cents only.

anyway.. my rca splitter is not giving me any problem.. i just need to know whether by getting the dual amp balancer.. it will improve the sound quality or not or even worse degrade it by adding noise whatsoever (that is consider wasting already). anyway, it is only cost rm90.. so I dun care so much about the price..

btw.. thanks zenn for the info.. it clear things up. now i know the thing can provide me more control. i very much appreciated it.

Last edited:
In Audio...stuff did not make for nothing...that why U must pay for that...same as Car...Proton Vs Honda, Toyota, Nissan..U can saw the diff..same with ICE....If want more clearity & fun ..u need to add something..same apply to your car ..need power also need to add after market performance part...If u thing add another stuff not worth in ICE then U are nothing In ICE world..better keep quit..this my advise...need cheaper just go to Brothers or Pasar road...dont ever thing stuff like Focal, Rs Audio, DLS, Scanspeak, Alpine, Dynsaudio, Rainbow, Vifa or else...alot ppl talk about noise...I add more stuff like 2pc EQT (Audio control), 1pc EQL (Audio control), 2pc X/over (Macrom 48.13/48.22), 3pc Alpine amp (MRV-F505, MRV505 & MRV1505), 2pc Capacitor (Soundstream)...did not face any noise as today...but my audio much much better after I add that stuff... :dancing2:

Last edited:
thanks.
but sometimes something is to serve a purpose while will affect other thing. b4 this i dunno what it really does.. and what effect it has. and now i know it will provide me more control as what zenn said. i'm a noob in ICE so that's why i'm asking. AFAIK no question is stupid question. well.. seems like i really asked a stupid question. nvm.. i'll keep quite after this.
thanks a million.

another thing ...when you need some knowledge about stuff U willing to buy...ask like this ...anybody use this stuff before or right now...can you give me the effect in your ICE....
if not ppl never use, seen or audit before it will give you comment...how they give opinion..serve internet & write here...example kyheng based on your pic & write his opinion...are you agree with that...aaaa :thumpdown

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom