does the after market short shifter improve a lot?

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
hey all..
currently using a short shifter, buts its quite hard to engage the gears..
anything can be mod to make it easier?

hahaha..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the description "hard" is subjective sir, one has to experience it first hand to give proper comment. the thing dat one can advice is to check the linkages and bushes sir

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
the description "hard" is subjective sir, one has to experience it first hand to give proper comment. the thing dat one can advice is to check the linkages and bushes sir
oraite.. later i check again.. btw, on installation, does need to put grease anywhere?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
actually quite easy to install it ,in a wira though... heheheh..a few bolts, clips..and ur done.. did mine DIY...

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
almost bro :rofl: not sure la bro nvr check 0-100 brapa sec but it really shorten ur shifting time:biggrin:
i'm using jasma....

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
for my experience, i've never tried to compare normal or short shifter, coz day 1 i changed to manual i oredy changed to shorter shifter. imho, shorter shifter gives u better feel, confident to change gear, coz when u drive hard into corner u need to focus on steering wheel n pedals. and stock shift is too tall, too much movement, u felt everything is out of place. it is somewhat like having bucket seat too, giving more confident to drive hard, really hard. coz u felt everything is in place.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for my experience, i've never tried to compare normal or short shifter, coz day 1 i changed to manual i oredy changed to shorter shifter. imho, shorter shifter gives u better feel, confident to change gear, coz when u drive hard into corner u need to focus on steering wheel n pedals. and stock shift is too tall, too much movement, u felt everything is out of place. it is somewhat like having bucket seat too, giving more confident to drive hard, really hard. coz u felt everything is in place.
well said. i will say a short shifter is worth the investment. only RM150 and u can DIY. might need to go out and buy bush for it if u notice ur original one is a bit worn. if ur original shifter is a bit loose feel then chances are its time to change too. no idea if its standard or not but its best to take out and see first before running off to buy a new one.

another worthy investment i would say is steel braided brake hoses. u will know once u install it in

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
well said. i will say a short shifter is worth the investment. only RM150 and u can DIY. might need to go out and buy bush for it if u notice ur original one is a bit worn. if ur original shifter is a bit loose feel then chances are its time to change too. no idea if its standard or not but its best to take out and see first before running off to buy a new one.

another worthy investment i would say is steel braided brake hoses. u will know once u install it in
bro, wat is steel braided brake hoses?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
almost bro :rofl: not sure la bro nvr check 0-100 brapa sec but it really shorten ur shifting time:biggrin:
i'm using jasma....
hahaha,of coz easy for us,..Biak automotive dolok..hahahahaha...
every gear change,save 1 second??? hehehehehe :P:biggrin:

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
hahaha,of coz easy for us,..Biak automotive dolok..hahahahaha...
every gear change,save 1 second??? hehehehehe :P:biggrin:
if to say improvement 0-100kmh, i think maybe super mili-seconds improvement or none, haha. the main point is to let the driver feel more control over the car thats all. Just like bucket seat they dont give any horsepower to the car, BUT if the driver can drive in full confident, his cornering speed will be faster.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What are everyone's thoughts regarding chassis strengthening? Would you say that your Skyline already is perfect from factory meaning its not too stiff that road use is unbearable yet able to handle any extra power not to mention extreme driving? By that I mean it absorbs the forces acting against it without flexing, at least not noticeably.

We see advertisements for all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience