[DIY] Testing an O2 Sensor

the multimeter you use is either faulty or inacurate.

It should measure between 0 - 1V, only. Tested, never ever out of the range.

Hi, I'am new in here. I got problem to install the O2 sensor into my Perdana S4. Original don't have the sensor. I buy a second hand O2 sensor. That's 4 wire type. The problem is i don't know the 4 wire i should connected to where? To ECU? b'cos i can't find the original O2 sensor connector. Anybody can help me on this? :tee:

my engine is 4G93....O2 sensor is 2 wire. blue/white type

i got problem wt my O2 sensor for da pass 6months edi....
my voltage reading is between 0.07-0.20v. but now my reading is juz stay at 0.05-0.08v like dat...

will cleaning it helps...coz i suspect da whole O2 sensor is burned.

well....btw im looking for O2 sensor for my car.

those readings indicate an 02 sensor going south. .. better change it soon or it will affect your fuel consumption ....

its not that hard 2 find a two wire o2 sensor at the kedai potongs .. just ask for a two wire ones..should not be hard to find...

undoing the sensor from the exhaust manifold is a different story altogther... :)

CressTT said:
those readings indicate an 02 sensor going south. .. better change it soon or it will affect your fuel consumption ....

its not that hard 2 find a two wire o2 sensor at the kedai potongs .. just ask for a two wire ones..should not be hard to find...

undoing the sensor from the exhaust manifold is a different story altogther... :)

does any1 knows how much does it cost .......

I just test the o2 sensor while it's on my car. Unplug the harness and probe with the multimeter... rev rev the engine and see that voltage is within spec. Never needed to remove the whole o2 sensor and toast in on a stove.

you can see carbon built up if it's carbon fouled. There are some references in the web.. but i have lost the links.. will post if i managed to find.

hi there,

i'm using a 4G92 block non mivec.. can anyone tell me where to find this
os sensor thing.

I'm using GTI extractor... let just say if i look down the engine..

is on my left or right?

My FC tell you also won't believe... Rm30 for 150kmh only

okie, which means i need to go under the engine rite.. the flexi join is where the extractor meet the flexi join... got 3 screws there ...
Cheong Mou Kei 4G9XT said:
u can find it by tracing any sort of cable from yo exhaust manifold thorugh yo flexi joint...o some call it honey comb

Top Bottom