DIY Microcompressor @ Mini Turbo

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
This is kind of air booster, it keep extra air in the black thing....so when u revv,instead of sucking hard for fresh air.it wil easily get air from there. aftermarket air booster is way too expensive, so DIY is just ok for me.

Bigger size : http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/huak...5airbooster.jpg

this is the basic setup for Mini Turbo, just connect between the PCV hose n connect with a 'tulang ikan'.....kawtim....the air u can adjust by twisting it.

Biggersize: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/huak...3basicsetup.jpg

This is more advance setup....i connect to 4 intake ways for tat.....1 to PCV hose, 1 to air booster n another 2 direct to intake manifold...all of the hose connected to 'tulang ikan'

Bigger size : http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/huak...253moderate.jpg

this will be the closer view of tat, u can see 4 hose connected to the 'tulang ikan'....the other end is connected to air breather.....to suck fresh air :)

Bigger Size: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/huakenny/DSC00256.jpg

all items can be get from spare part shop, accesories shop n hardware shop. except the air booster...see the photo n identify the componets if u wish to DIY urself

Last edited:

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
GREAT!!!nice job.....all the thing in market is just a air bleed devices!!instead the air go through the TB or carb....just take another way to stuff extra air for the internal combustion.Engine is really like a big n huge vaccum pump!!but make sure your AFR doesnt too LEAN......when you xtra more air to the internal combustion....fuel also must take part of it....the ratio for it must be 14:1:1.....and this is optimum wan......where got..wan fast car...reduce fuel consumption.....if still wan it.....just set ur AFR LEAN lor......but for long term....not got for piston lor....n the engine too :X-:

Rule of Thumb!
1.Air-stuff more air inside the engine.
2.fuel-balance with the air for optimum mixture/ratio
3.Ignition-how big the spark wanna bang the mixture?
4.Timing-advanced or retard before TDC must be in good timing to get the power u wanna it.

this is just basic.

Last edited:

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
hmm.. i understand the micro compressor concept.. but are your using window washer motor?

tikuruok

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Sarawak
nice DIY bro. have few ideas for my bird to thanks to you. btw, how do you connect the air filter to the hose? as the air filter hole way too big for the hose. thanks. now im using temp air filter. ekeke...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
tikuruok said:
nice DIY bro. have few ideas for my bird to thanks to you. btw, how do you connect the air filter to the hose? as the air filter hole way too big for the hose. thanks. now im using temp air filter. ekeke...
as u seen closer to the photo....there is a adaptor (gold color)...can get it at hardware shop....:_:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jeremy said:
isn;t all 4 that the vacuum hoses? u just reroute alll the vacumm hose to the tulang ikan?
tulang ikan got 5 holes....4 holes for vacuum.1 to pcv hose, 1 to my air booster, 2 to intake directly...one for air breather

Last edited:

jeremy

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kuching-penang
Visit site
o..inside is empty?? izit vacuum inside o just a normal box..if just any normal box, how can it help? the air booster connect to wat besides the 1 pvc hose.

tikuruok

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Sarawak
nice and neat diy. wan to diy the air booster too later. so far after installing the diy mini turbo, have experienced slight improvement on pick up. need to make it tidy soon.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jeremy said:
o..inside is empty?? izit vacuum inside o just a normal box..if just any normal box, how can it help? the air booster connect to wat besides the 1 pvc hose.
hmm....try looks for Air Booster in the market n understand its function...

its too much for me to explain here....its just an empty box....

it make it easier for intake system to get air, instead of sucking directly from outside...it can get the air reserved in the box easily...

u unds? if stil not clear..try to goolge for more info, u should get the meaning soon

hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus i need some opinion,

whenever im driving through a corner(not those tight corner, maybe like 120 degree bengkok abit d road) at 100kmh, my front wheels will straighten back on its own whist im trying to steer left, meaning my wheels will straighten whilst steering is senget to d left.

im kinda concerned coz its so darn dangerous especially driving on highway when normal speed is 100kmh+ and d road is not 180 degree straight...

**FYI, i just had my power steering rack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience