cheap Brand-Problem with PCV Valve

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I replaced 3 PCV valve this month and the latest one broke recently. So I ordered one form japan this time.

I went back to the shop and ask for refund but they said that it is not their quality problem. They even said that it is my own improper installation or my engine is already very bad condition. anyone faced this problem? PCV valve keep breaking/malfunctioning. Please share.

My story is as follows:

I drive a 13 years old Corolla AE111, 4AFE Auto. The original PCV valve has aged and affects the idling. So I went to this stupid shop and bought one. Wasn't cheap. RM48.50 discounted to RM30.00. I even told them I wanted good ones. Not cheap ones. After installing first one, I check it the next day. Once I move it a bit, it broke. I understand that this valve is fitted very tightly and any mnovement has to be done very carefully or else it will break. But I barely even moved this!

Fine... Went back to the shop and they insisted that it was my mistake. Even if it were a day. Bought the second one. Second one malfunction after one week and made the idle unstable. Went back to the shop and asked for replacement. They guy said okay. He asked me to remoev it form ym car are bring it back to the shop for replacement. I suspect that he was sure that the thing will break if it was moved. So it broke. When I took it to the shop, he said" Sorry you broke it, no replacement".

bought the third one. Working fine... this time i never touched it again after installing. One fine day, it malfucntioned. SO I opened the hood to see. I just touched the thing and it broke off. Disintegrated! Barely even moved it! It seems that the plastic cannot withstand the heat and deteriorated. I went back and told the guy. I understand that PCV valve are fragile but shouldn;t be up to this level. This is problem with material quality... The boss said that this is my problem. wth???

SO this time I went to UMW and ordered one form japan. Toyota's original. Cost only RM40.00!!! Just RM10.00 extra.

By the way, the brand is Fujita and the shop's name is... Not sure if it is okay to reveal in forum? Is it okay? Any moderator? The shop is in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

And I want to ask does anyone have the same problem with this "Fujita" brand? It says from japan and the shop insist this is not cheap brand.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

searching for answers here.... as im still green in the whole modding buisness....

im driving a wira 1.6xli Millenium Ed. after a month of driving the car i had a problem where the mechanic said i had to change the engine(till today i still dont know whether he was telling the truth..) so i agreed and opted for a 4g93 mitsu engine as he said it would be cheaper than trying to replace it with another 4g92 proton engine.... total cost of the procedure is RM1200(is this cheap or expansive?)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience