Throttle Body/Idling problem for Satria GTi

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jon3171

Known Member
Im driving a 2003 Satria GTi.....and the idling is really unstable...going up and down and most of the time is 500rpm or below...sometimes it even dies when im stepping full clutch...happens whether the air cond is on or off......i went to proton edar service centre........and they said i had to change the throttle body.....they said if the clean it....when they put it back....the car might not start......anyone can shed some light on this problem.....thanks in advance!

have u visited other workshops (other than PE)? u might not need to change the throttle body.. dont go to PE, just a waste of marney (if ur car got no more warranty)

jon3171 said:
Im driving a 2003 Satria GTi.....and the idling is really unstable...going up and down and most of the time is 500rpm or below...sometimes it even dies when im stepping full clutch...happens whether the air cond is on or off......i went to proton edar service centre........and they said i had to change the throttle body.....they said if the clean it....when they put it back....the car might not start......anyone can shed some light on this problem.....thanks in advance!

happen to me 2... the ISC in the TB kong alredy... need to be replaced...
new 1 cost abt 350-400... halfcut sell 100 for ISC... change it n it will be fine...

lets know it 1st

Proton’s issue of, throttle bodies and autotransmissions are common. Most of protonians got this same problem.. From my experience taught by USPD foreman in conjunction with your case due from 2 possibilities…

• Throttle body problem; Vital parts: idling speed control unit and throttle position sensor.
What was happened actually?? 1.8 throttle body use stepper motor to control idling of the engine and throttle position sensor is a device that sensoring throttle position and tell ECU for next ignition process to continue. Both of them got life span…some got it ok for few years…some got it shorted life span…

One new unit of Throttle body must be replaced either idling speed control unit or throttle position sensor goes wrong or cannot be serviced or repaired….

• Error reading from throttle body sensors by ECU.
How to solve?, just go to tuning center, retune the system using MUT-2

Go get your competent mechanic to diagnose it for u…

partyJOE said:
happen to me 2... the ISC in the TB kong alredy... need to be replaced...
new 1 cost abt 350-400... halfcut sell 100 for ISC... change it n it will be fine...

I was told by a few different mechanics including Proton ones.....that the 2003 model GTi which comes with the siemens ECU does not use an ISC

yes... if im not wrong...they use different mechanism ...like gears... cost a few buck only for replacement....

just try to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for about 5 mins and reconnecting it back. No harm trying...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom