any recommandations for 7AFE mods?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

antisocial

hi guys!

i'm staying over at singapore, a place where it's illegal to change engine, but 7AFE should be ok...

besides port & polish, changing piston, what are the other things i should do to take advantage of the 1.8 displacement?

cheers!

-change head to 20v
-ecu
-exhaust header
-camshaft is possible
-gearbox
-clutch set
-bla bla bla

planning or already running?

Hi bro, thanks for the input!

Unable to change to 20v head as it is a tell tail sign of engine mod!

Noted on the ecu, exhaust and clutch.. Already on c56 gearbox already.. Should i change it to 6 speed?

No camshaft for 7a right?

turbocharge it... saw a lot lancer did that, using smaller diameter and silent exhaust and well hidden intercooler is kinda safe... Guess you might have to customise one as there won't be any ready set for your engine... just 2 cent

extractor for 7a kah?? y never let know?? u wanna kena izzit?

Hi Bro T-la,

I recently had change 7afe as well. I had changed the extractor, as for the ECU, i heard that I do need want to change the ECU, I will also need to change the complete harness as well. Can I just install a piggy-back ECU to vercome this?

Also, recently, my car is unable to engage into reverse gear. I check with the mechanc, he told me that my gearbox is spolit. Need to change. I was thinking of coner my 7afe into 7age. Do I change back the gearbox for ae101 or there is other suitable model gearbox which i could change to prepare for my conversion.

appreciate your help.

if u want to change to 20v head, u need to swap the whole wiring syst. both ecu works best with piggy back..

about the gear box, c56 works good and c160 works better...up to you..
happy modification....

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

here got 1 c160 with trd lsd up for sale....

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]here got 1 c160 with trd lsd up for sale....

wanna swap with my c160 with oem viscous lsd ga bro?
hahahaha

bro derricky.. if u wan to upgrade to c160....

fyi

u also need 6spd gear level + cable as well..
gb mounting also need to mod a bit to fit in ur car...

of course u need 6spd gear leve+ cable

if u auto base..
u do need also manual padel set, clutch pump set , flywheel, clutch set .. hahahahaha

hahahaha

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom