Air Filter: which one is better!!

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Hi there,

Got nothing much to do that day so play with car air filter.

guys, you're all think which one is better im term of power and smooth ride..

i use HKS super flow = power wise okie only. Low RPM below 3K suck.. ride not smooth below 3K rpm

Ori air filter box with K&N drop in = smooth ride but can't feel the power kick in after 3K rpm like using HKS.

Ori air filter with proton ori filter = smooth ride, power wise same as K&N drop in ..

hehe...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
depending wheres ur air filter installed, diameter of ur filter pipe and ur air filter diameter too... try putting on the bonnet im sure better increase of power since direct cold ar (it sounds stupid but its only example)... muahahha :biggrin: thats y ppl normally put cold air intake hose to get cooler air in... cause when ur filter is in the engine bay and near to ur engine just imagine how much hot air is taken into ur intake manifold... this will result drop in power.. thats y theres MUGEN, PIPECROSS air filter set wit a much much higher price RM1k++ if u look at them they r not installed into the engine bay... n its made of carbon fibre to reduce heat taken into the intake manifold... cheerz... correct me if im wrong ppl :party:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

recently did an exhaust pipe throttle body 'butterfly' valve to by pass exhaust gases from going to cat and muffler but instead expel out after the downpipe...

May I hear expert advise on whether doing so will richen or lean down the AFR during normal and wide open throttle?

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience