42 CFM Air flow on air filter(enough?)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

raymond

Known Member
Anybody trying of a 12 CM CPU casing fan with DC 12 volt 0.40A on a air filter.

Mod the fan in it, pull a cable and plug to the cigaratte lighter port.

then the AIR burning shall improvemore as the AIr intake much faster.

shall the K&n Filter work like this ? <_<

:D a STOCK FILTER will do actually.

:lol: wan a try? i trying ...

high rpm I believe the fan wont supply that much more air than what the original without the fan would supply

low rpm might improve

a 12 CM 0.40 in 4200rpm fan. I use to mod a vasing big fan on my prvious computer casing, Airflow thingy experience. so.. thinking of it..

shall be better burning than changing a Kanasai (K&N) filter. cheaper in modding. by the way, after experiement, will tell u all the result.

better than a SURBO of course.

technical blow... job

first question: what's the maximum cfm the fan can supply?
second question: how many cfm you engine consume.. let say at 5000rpm?

answers

Q1: i dunno..
Q2: let's assume that your's a 1.5L engine (wira is 1.468) with about 85% VE.

at 5000rpm, the engine consumes 1.468*0.5*5000*0.85 Liter of air, which is about 3120 liters per minute, or about 110 CFM.

can the fan supply that amount of flow?

Try to work it out and share the out come here...

it will be good if you can source one of this:

va450dc.gif

at http://www.nidec.com/va450dc/va450dc.htm

220 CFM, 12VDC, 3.3A, OT -10/+70 deg C.

no no..don;t do it.....

if you install a 12v fan inside..means more ristrition

unless you do it like Jl did, teh air twister..that would do better...

logic

Engine sucking air thru air filter. so, it suck. Plus an extra fan ON it wouldnt be much more better ?

Becoz when the engine suck it.. airflow go 110cfm for example. Then.. with the fan in the tube, it go down to 90 or 100 cfm due to slightly blocking. but then.... then the FAN on with the 42 CFM extra, the 100CFM will go till 142CFM.

hmm.. just a logic. would it work? i trying on a RAv4 ler.. which is 2.0cc.

would it work? i wan to get some feedback first befoer i do this research..

hmm.. how ? how ?

and don forget that the FAN is spining always... so, i dun think it will block the way of air flowing. and then... the Air going in is by sucking.. so, the fan can eventually spin faster.. and the SPIRAL can actually be added with extra fan .

Surbo+ fan? but then.. spiral is not a test.. what i wan to try is a flowing with extra support.. not only just the sprial there.. (surbo)

sorry to say that.. you are wrong...

a 42 CFM fan will never ever be able to assist the airflow of even a kancil 660 engine.. Tried...

RAV4, 2.0..

ok.. you need about 150 CFM at 5000 rpm. red line at what...6500rpm? Then you need about 195 CFM..

as I said, get the 220CFM blower and you MIGHT get some low enough boost..

changing a sport filter would be wiser...

good tht u think something to improve ur car but i would say it waste of time and money. u might lose more power.. the fan speed is not fast enough to blow the air but it big enough to block the air. the fan will die very soon due to engine heat. the fin might melt and suck into ur engine
happy modding..

hehe one thing i know..
ur fan might spin too fast due to air sucking ..
it might brake.. and good luck for taking pieces of the plastic fan inside ur intake..

COOL! forget about it :P kakakaa.. just some little idea on mind :D

i let mine run freely last time........actually not badler......try n see.....but i was using without filter.....so after engine tranplant i use back filter, didnt instal tis, no filter kil engine fastlahh

actually... pc fan motor will not stand long because of engine heat. and the fan is plastic. te27levin is correct, the fan may have enough power to push some air. but the built is not that strong to avoid being sucked into the intake especially when u're high revving.

raymond : US $136 X 4 = RM500+ ?
doesnt work like we expect one :)
2psi = 0. 13bar .. for 500 bucks not worth it
1psi = 0.05+ bar .. errrm.. dont tink so got difrence..
same like surbo , turbojet , they dont work superbly i tink increase of 0.05hp heheh

500 bucks i recommend u to change to KNN filter drop in and CAI , iridiums
i tink even better :P and add a bigger throthle body also ler ..

CPU fans will not be able to generate enough air to help induction.

The CPU fan on the other hand, will contribute to air flow restiction and cause engine choke at hi-RPM range.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom