Advice+Tips needed for Charade's 1.3 engine upgrading

Troy

Known Member
Hello to all the Charade gurus and sifus!

I'm going to plant the 1.3 NA manual engine (which I already bought frm chop shop) into my deto+espri instead of 1.6deto due to the JPJ restrictions and havent do any upgrading on it yet.

Can all the daihatsu sifus here gimme some tips what are the things to be done to the engine to get the max output apart from the head porting/polishing+oil filter+plug+exzos thing?

Can u all plz advice on the ECU/cam upgrading or anything else that's proven good result? How many hp increasement can i expect to get? Hows the performance? Later can tailgate the 1.6deto or not? hehe...

Thank you all!

HC-E engine can upgrade to the 4 throttle from 4-AGE and regrind cams....that should atleast get u another 20++ % of power increase.....

yeah....besides all that you had metioned, what anion suggested is good for more umphhh....ehhehee...of course do not expect to get better fuel consumption after that :P ehehhe

ok...get 4-throttle ang regrind cam...i'll definitely do that anion.. tks. any other tips guys?
yeah...guess the fuel consumption will start drying my pocket gavan.. ;)

I would recommend doing the transplant and leaving everything standard first. Or better still do a full overhaul while doing the transplant. Modifications like porting and polishing can be done immediately also.

Remember that you might face problems with other components like the aircond system, brakes, starter etc. So if you spend all your $$$ on immediately modifying the engine but then discover this other problems, you'll be stuck. Unless of course you're filthy rich, then this isn't an issue. :p

Doing mods one step at a time also provides you with a benchmark on performance and it will be easier to detect changes and fine tune them. Personally I also find it more satisfying as there is progress in my mods and results. Just remember that not all mods produce more power. Some are more for prevention and protection purposes. Also not all mods are going to give you 5bhp or more. Some are so minimal you can't even feel the difference. :)
Good luck!

New HC Owner :)

Hi Guys,

I'm still new in this forum but I can feel the excitements that Troy is getting now. Well getting a HC is a good choice! espeacially the manual version. I like to share my experiences as well with my new HC. I just got my Charade out 3 weeks ago from the workshop after it has been there for a month for conversion.

The repones from the engine n the gear box is impressive. Floored the pedal n u can feel it go with the wind! It feels like driving a different car now, hahhahaa.. :) You can expect a better fuel consumptions now & better power coz of the 16 values engine. with the mods on the throttles i'm sure u can sqeeze out more horses from this HC.

U can asked the chop shop guy to get you some extra accesories such as the retractable side mirrors & the crystal head lights - to make it a better deal.
Well, good luck on the conversions... Do let us know the outcome. :D

Hehe, Master Speed, any possibility for us to put 4 Trottle in our GTTi? Hehehe..Or we don't need at all?

Aura said:
Hehe, Master Speed, any possibility for us to put 4 Trottle in our GTTi? Hehehe..Or we don't need at all?

hehe..how to put 4 maa.. only 3 cylinder.. :p

Good input there guys!

Got it for 2.5K RSW4d. Orait..yeah.. a step by step mods is the best and safest way instead of one-shot mods. I'll bear that in mind n try to avoid any contigencies cost that might occured coz i'm ain't rich..yet.. ;) hope i will sumday..

I'll let u guys know of the outcome of the horses later! hehe... Cheers mate!..

Speed Demon said:
I would recommend doing the transplant and leaving everything standard first. Or better still do a full overhaul while doing the transplant. Modifications like porting and polishing can be done immediately also.

Remember that you might face problems with other components like the aircond system, brakes, starter etc. So if you spend all your $$$ on immediately modifying the engine but then discover this other problems, you'll be stuck. Unless of course you're filthy rich, then this isn't an issue. :p

Doing mods one step at a time also provides you with a benchmark on performance and it will be easier to detect changes and fine tune them. Personally I also find it more satisfying as there is progress in my mods and results. Just remember that not all mods produce more power. Some are more for prevention and protection purposes. Also not all mods are going to give you 5bhp or more. Some are so minimal you can't even feel the difference. :)
Good luck!

Ya, agree with speed demon, start with the basic 1st.. save up somemoney for the unexpected maintenance.. :cool:

Speed Demon said:
Very good point!! :D

You can install dedicated t/bs. It will just cost lots of $$$. :p

Sorry to interrupt Mr.Speed, what is actually a "dedicated t/bs" :confused: ?

cb70 said:
Sorry to interrupt Mr.Speed, what is actually a "dedicated t/bs" :confused: ?
Why is everybody calling me "Mr. Speed"?!?! :confused:

A dedicated throttle body (t/b) is a throttle body which has direct intake into each particular cylinder. On most EFI engines, a single TB services all of the cylinders. A quad throttle setup just means you have 4 throttle bodies.

4 Throttled HC ?

Wow, that means i'll have a better fuel consumptions with better power?
Any potential side effects that might occur if i ought to install it in my HC?

Thanks. :)

Speed Demon said:
Why is everybody calling me "Mr. Speed"?!?! :confused:

A dedicated throttle body (t/b) is a throttle body which has direct intake into each particular cylinder. On most EFI engines, a single TB services all of the cylinders. A quad throttle setup just means you have 4 throttle bodies.

Hope you don't get angry for calling Mr.Speed, since i'm newbies in GTti...for sure...I need ur advise & assitance (tips & etc) since you have been involved with this powerful machine for a long time right Speed?... ;)

cb70 said:
Hope you don't get angry for calling Mr.Speed, since i'm newbies in GTti...for sure...I need ur advise & assitance (tips & etc) since you have been involved with this powerful machine for a long time right Speed?... ;)
I'm not angry. Just curious. :p

Top Bottom