A32 ..Need Advise urgently

Arun - ask him if there is any guarantee, i have changed the knock sensor, but the problem persist. sometimes those mechanics will automatically assume it is the knock sensor if there is knocking sound. Ask what if the problem is still there after replacing the knock sensor, you would have wasted the money.

OIc..stephan..how much does the sensor cost?..Will ask for guarantee then..from Tan Chong..

Thanks for yr great advice Sb3...I have checked with Tan Chong and the mechanic told me my knock sensor is out of order....Need to replace a new one.:banghead:...He told me he will check for me the price since they dont hv any stock for that, currently...anyone knows how much does a knock cost??...or can i get from chop shop?..
Tan Chong will sell u their knock snsor for rm600-00 ++. (Dont ask me how i know) Chop shop will sell it 2 u around rm200-00 (no warranty) but normally they r unwiiling to sell unless they have a dismantled engine in stock.

Last attempt b4 you fork out rm600-00+++, try to clean the wire harness socket with some solution/contact cleaner and then connect back and see if it fix your problem . Sometimes it could be just a loose/corroded wire harness socket. But bear in mind coz it is located right between the 'valley ' of the V-6 block and it very hard to reached unless u have small hands.

I bought mine for about RM300++ from PH Auto.

ecu reading from TC = RM90.

ecu reading from my scanner = 1 teh tarik + roti canai.

Last edited:

See , there is one generous ceffie member who is willing to read your engine ecu error code for a small offer .

If u accept the offer , pls do not forget to call me for teh tarik and be a kepoh to see the scanning , ok? 016-3661139:rofl:

See , there is one generous ceffie member who is willing to read your engine ecu error code for a small offer .

If u accept the offer , pls do not forget to call me for teh tarik and be a kepoh to see the scanning , ok? 016-3661139:rofl:

can i join? :biggrin:

if you car stall, i have fix a few of my friend fatty (including mine), this are some of the area you can look at.

01) Intake manifold gasket, this is a rubber gasket and will get harden. When under normal throttle it will cause heavy rich burning, cause it leak vacuum can the fuel pressure regulator delivery max fueling. (this is my car problem, took me a while to fix it)

02) Air Flow Meter faulty, Change my friend car AFM, all the stall are gone. RM 150 to 200 @ chop shop

03) Vacuum leak due to crack hose. Also my friend fatty problem.

Sb3..Lawcc...Wei Kee..thanks for your grea advice....sb3..tat means i have to drive down from penang to KL...to meet u'll....I just came back from Shah Alam today...but was driving another car...:banghead:....Wei kee what you mean by air flow meter?

Sb3..Lawcc...Wei Kee..thanks for your grea advice....sb3..tat means i have to drive down from penang to KL...to meet u'll....I just came back from Shah Alam today...but was driving another car...:banghead:....Wei kee what you mean by air flow meter?
Arun, your car engine knock and stall , waaa so many problem wanah? Air flow meter is just located right after your airfilter box.Here is 1 pic of it..

if you car stall, i have fix a few of my friend fatty (including mine), this are some of the area you can look at.

01) Intake manifold gasket, this is a rubber gasket and will get harden. When under normal throttle it will cause heavy rich burning, cause it leak vacuum can the fuel pressure regulator delivery max fueling. (this is my car problem, took me a while to fix it)

02) Air Flow Meter faulty, Change my friend car AFM, all the stall are gone. RM 150 to 200 @ chop shop

Weikee, r u a foreman? My car is having a small problem which my foreman don't know how to solve, still looking the experienced foreman to check .... :banghead:

Bump:

Weikee, r u a foreman? My car is having a small problem which my foreman don't know how to solve, still looking the experienced foreman to check .... :banghead:

Lawcc , where did u buy the scanner ? how much?

i got d reader oledi... software also juz download..

no time try yet :banghead:

test with software bundle (for 300sx) it can read error code, can read rpm, can switch fan on/off...

yesterday was in Tan Chong...to check the air flow sensor + the manifold price....:banghead: its 1k++..OMG...

MY usual mechanic from TC suggest me to remove the cannister and change my down pipe to straight flow pipe so that ...." This will totally stop the knocking sound + increase power and reduce the heat ".....any advice ?? Anyone tried before...:driver:

i got d reader oledi... software also juz download..

no time try yet :banghead:

test with software bundle (for 300sx) it can read error code, can read rpm, can switch fan on/off...
Wat brand and how much ? Is it reliable ?:confused:

Bump:
yesterday was in Tan Chong...to check the air flow sensor + the manifold price....:banghead: its 1k++..OMG...

MY usual mechanic from TC suggest me to remove the cannister and change my down pipe to straight flow pipe so that ...." This will totally stop the knocking sound + increase power and reduce the heat ".....any advice ?? Anyone tried before...:driver:
For afm & manifold , i'd try my luck with the chop shop. They r half the price and i don't think the your problem r related to the manifold as they r made of harden material . If they leak it would only be the 'gasket' which is sandwiched between the cylinder head and the manifold.

I've changed the downpipe about 1 year ago. Increased performance? Yes!!. Stop knocking sound?? Duh?. Nothing to do with that. But you would hear a v6 rumble sound when the RPM is between 1 - 2.5K. Maybe the rumbling sound would drown ur knocking sound, heheh..

Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• 24-06-08_1357.jpg
    24-06-08_1357.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 24-06-08_1414.jpg
    24-06-08_1414.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
afm at chop shop its between 100 to 200 depend the person you know.

I've changed the downpipe about 1 year ago. Increased performance? Yes!!. Stop knocking sound?? Duh?. Nothing to do with that. But you would hear a v6 rumble sound when the RPM is between 1 - 2.5K. Maybe the rumbling sound would drown ur knocking sound, heheh..

Here's a pic of it.[/QUOTE]

hmm.... y must change downpipe? Is it change to direct from manifold? Do u know where can i tuning my engine since i felt is less power?

Dear sifu's & Guru's

Thanks for all the info....im getting :confused:now.....What are the symptom's if your afm is out??

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom