15"rims-need help

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
Hi guys,

Would be great if you guys can help out, I have just changed to a 15" rims, but when I brake, my left side brake will shake(warped?) or vibrate with the sound "Grrrrr..." like a grinding sound, and my car seems like refuses to stop. It is only on the left side.

I did my balancing and alignment prior to this.

took out the tyre and tried to fix it in properly, still the same, could it be something to do with my brakes or the rim size?btw way I am driving a Proton Wira. The rear tyres has no problems whatsoever.

On top of that, would the speed shown on my speedo meter be affected after the rim change?since I was using 13" prior to this.

Thank you in advance.

Rgds'

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
need to noe ur current 15 inch tire profile, and ur previous 13 inch one as well...then can tell

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
my friend facing similar problem and found out it was the rim bented. check for cracks and oval bent.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i had exactly the same problem... changed brake disc and bearing then solved, cheaper option is to skim it... No need to worry for rim since you have done wheel balancing unless its not carried out by good mechanic...

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
thanks guys, will see to it...very irritating the sound...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since HIDs are not really street legal, I have got a problem with my headlight low beam beams (not bright enough) and HIDs are out of the discussion. Have any one tried changing PIAA bulbs / Phillip bulbs?
Any recommendation ? I would prefer PIAA northern star white (4400k) but isit bright enough?
Any one tried it or even xtreme vision 100% or sylvania ultra? I am really lost cos of so many brand and reviews.
Please help , thanks. Currently still using my standard bulbs. Any thing that I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience