~ my iswara ~ ^^

dude...gotta nid u advise man...

i got another car 1988 1.5s saga magma ...if lets say i change a aftermarket 4-2-1 and central bullet...shld i change the piping as well to match it???if yes thn wat size of the piping is reasonable to change.........1.75" i heard....isit???if i leave stock piping thn would it more power??

thanks mate...

eujin said:
dude...gotta nid u advise man...

i got another car 1988 1.5s saga magma ...if lets say i change a aftermarket 4-2-1 and central bullet...shld i change the piping as well to match it???if yes thn wat size of the piping is reasonable to change.........1.75" i heard....isit???if i leave stock piping thn would it more power??

thanks mate...
hmm... i also not vr expert in exhaust stuff la... i try try abit la..
reasonable piping size would be 1.7"~1.8" lor... some tolerance is acceptable...

not to say cannot use stock piping la... but u can improve more by changing to bigger, more suitable size piping.... stock piping too small in my opinion...

singchaii said:
Sky, HELLA bulb is good. I using it now. Bright enough! Hehe.
yeap.... manyak bagus... one of my foglights cover cracked, after rain sure can see aquarium inside.... but yet, my hella foggies bulb still works in the aquarium... incredible... haha...

thanks bro.....me not sure wana change piping o not mah..but anyway...satu kali change everything la......love ur diy session man...tht waterbottle with alcohol are 1 of ur many ingenious diy ideas...i could never think of tht man...

so..i got opinion...since ur fog lamp got water...diy la put some fish inside and swim la........hahah....thn wen u switch on can c the shadow of the fish swiming...as i know wen u on ur light for a period of time,the water inside will bcome boiled.....

hmm... i also not vr expert in exhaust stuff la... i try try abit la..
reasonable piping size would be 1.7"~1.8" lor... some tolerance is acceptable...

not to say cannot use stock piping la... but u can improve more by changing to bigger, more suitable size piping.... stock piping too small in my opinion...

yeap.... manyak bagus... one of my foglights cover cracked, after rain sure can see aquarium inside.... but yet, my hella foggies bulb still works in the aquarium... incredible... haha...

Hella brand is from Germany if i not wrong. Since from my grandpa till now, we still using hella. Hehe. Only me using michiba bulb last time and at last also changed it back to hella.

thanks bro.....me not sure wana change piping o not mah..but anyway...satu kali change everything la......love ur diy session man...tht waterbottle with alcohol are 1 of ur many ingenious diy ideas...i could never think of tht man...

so..i got opinion...since ur fog lamp got water...diy la put some fish inside and swim la........hahah....thn wen u switch on can c the shadow of the fish swiming...as i know wen u on ur light for a period of time,the water inside will bcome boiled.....
lolz... my ideas also curi from others la... i not that genius... but i will do some research before attempting it la... i dun wan buta-buta follow only without knowing how it works.... coz diy is done at ur own risk, if failed, no one can be blamed.....

my foglights no fish inside la... but its turning yellowish... mayb because got alga livin inside....

Hella brand is from Germany if i not wrong. Since from my grandpa till now, we still using hella. Hehe. Only me using michiba bulb last time and at last also changed it back to hella.
dunno la hella from where.... dun care la as long as its good... :P

dear saga/iswara owners, can iswara 1.3 manual go up to genting straight ? will overheat or not ? =)

If in well condition sure no problem...dun wori...even my Auto Iswara went up few time...manual even 1.3 is ok...2nd gear can cover well...Auto suffer a little bit..D2 not powerful enough...L gearing pull the rpm til 5500rpm to...still can reach the peak...dun forget to off the air-con...jst when u down the highland u hv to be caution...Mine iswara brake didn't perform well...the brake slip when half way down...even low gear engage...i release the brake after some short time stepping on it to avoid overheat of the brake...but its not good enough...

dun wori bout the smell coming out of from the brake...normally happen..jst dun apply all the way down...o ur brake will burn like F1 cars...haha
anyone experience the same problem when down hill?

go up genting no problem la... my car stock standard also went up genting few times before.... jz whack the rpm high and rev up all the way lor... its all about driving techniques.... as long as engine condition is find and no overheat symptom before this, its ok.... i even went up with minimum level engine oil.... didnt overheat, no breakdown whatsoever...

coming down, need some skills... this is a vr good place for u to learn heel-n-toe braking.... alwiz try not to overheat ur brake pads.... try reduce as much load as possible off ur brakes onto ur engine.... use ur engine compression to slow u down.... do not accelerate if u dont need to... jz let the gravity do the job and control ur deceleration....

when ur brake pads starts to fail, drop ur gear into 2nd to slow down... if its necessary to use ur brakes, tap it while u slow down... this allows some time for ur pads to cool down abit...

wah.......i oso dun dare to drive my saga up genting...scared 19 years old jelopy break down mid way....ahhahaha...but well mantained of coz...just dun dare to try it.....

but frequently saw many car broke down at the middle of highland....wat actually fail the engine when they climbing?bside overheat....n saw many driver splash water to the brake when half way down...its a good idea?

n one thing i do when i climbing...i take others lane so that i dun hv to reduce too much speed n momentum....

sky,

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
apa gelak gelak??.. got thing to share share with us??...

but frequently saw many car broke down at the middle of highland....wat actually fail the engine when they climbing?bside overheat....n saw many driver splash water to the brake when half way down...its a good idea?

n one thing i do when i climbing...i take others lane so that i dun hv to reduce too much speed n momentum....
splash water to disc brake??... better dont... coz it will cause ur disc to warp.... warp disc is caused of sudden changes in temperature... might cause the disc to crack....

last week wednesday yumcha bought a shortshifter from adrian aka saga_turbo...
jeng jeng jeng...
shortshifter.jpg

ok, today managed to find sometime install it... no good to leave performance parts uninstalled to ur car... :P

first, remove the gearknob... jz screw the damn thing out la....
shortshifter2.jpg

after that, pop open the middle part of ur center console... (mine already loosen, so can easily lift it up)...
shortshifter3.jpg

remove these screws...
shortshifter1.jpg

shortshifter4.jpg

there is 2 more screws in front under the dashboard beside the centre console.... u should be able to see it....

this is how it looks like after u peel away the centre console... ok, start to disect ur shifter....
shortshifter5.jpg

first, remove the oem gear lock... unbolt the bolts circled in blue...
cghxbdf.jpg

then, remove the cable linkage....
rthsrtser.jpg

remove this big bolt also...
rftjrt.jpg

remove this main bolt as well...
sedfgwew.jpg

salvage every part of the washers, plastic bearings, bushings from the old shifter....
then, install it to the new shifter and fit everything back together...
(sorry, forgot to snap photo because my hand was dirty and was busy inspecting which part need to be salvaged from the old shifter)

i've noticed 1 defects of the new short shifter.... this part.... the "thing" wasnt long enough to hold the spring in place... so i hammered in a screw into the lubang so the springs can be held back...
shortshifter9.jpg

shortshifter7.jpg

final product...
shortshifter8.jpg

the shifter is stiffer compare to standard ones... couldnt complain much since the pivot point has raised and u need abit more force to shift it into gears....
tomolo will try to get some grease to lubricate the bearings, bushings and the springs so it can function smoothly....

overall, it took me about 2 hours coz most of the time busy inspecting which bushing to salvage and screw it in and out when few of the bushing is left out....

sekian, terima kasih... :P

WOw...
here is another hot part on ur car, wat actually these short throw shift do good?minimize shifting time?n short distance of shifting?
NIce mod

WOw...
here is another hot part on ur car, wat actually these short throw shift do good?minimize shifting time?n short distance of shifting?
NIce mod

throwing distance vr much shorter... and the stick is lowered by about 1-2 finger....

sky, the blue colour cable izit power cable for amplifier?

yaya... power cable for amplifier....

Top Bottom