proton wira convert evo 4 / 5 . Possible ?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
6k/4k
i stay in penang..
Mine are 10/8. Goes around corners well but you need to take road humps with care. Contemplating changing to lower rates. Too bad you stay so far. Cannot test to see how it feels

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The last time it got stolen, it was in a gated community with guardhouses at 2 entrances to the taman. That didn't seem to bother the thiefs.

Good thing is those people aren't pros. They jammed a screwdriver into the ignition key to start the car. They might have started the car but in doing so, they also jammed the starter. They drove off with the starter running. Didnt get far. So they abandoned the car.
Maybe they bribed the guards? If something as big as a car can be stolen in a gated community, I don't see the reason of hiring the same guards in this area anymore. Not even doing their job properly.

Is your car heavily modded? Or yours is a C99 Wira 1.8? Mine is the same colour as yours but not C99.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Is your car heavily modded? Or yours is a C99 Wira 1.8? Mine is the same colour as yours but not C99.
Your's should be much nicer than mine. Mine is an old banger with peeling paintwork, heavily accesorised with rust spots. From the outside, it looks like a typical piece of junk :embarassed:

I should get custom sticker for it. Boldly emblazoned on the sides saying .. DEATH TRAP! :rofl:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your's should be much nicer than mine. Mine is an old banger with peeling paintwork, heavily accesorised with rust spots. From the outside, it looks like a typical piece of junk :embarassed:

I should get custom sticker for it. Boldly emblazoned on the sides saying .. DEATH TRAP! :rofl:
I don't think mine is anything better. Year 1999 car. Currently rust spots are appearing on both front doors and rear bonnet. Will probably replace the rear bonnet but not sure what to do with the doors.

Respray definitely needed already. Can see a bit of faded paint marks on top of the car. Like these.

Attachments

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I don't think mine is anything better. Year 1999 car. Currently rust spots are appearing on both front doors and rear bonnet. Will probably replace the rear bonnet but not sure what to do with the doors.

Respray definitely needed already. Can see a bit of faded paint marks on top of the car. Like these.

old car, this bits memang biasa macam ni... when repaint, can do these up as well...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Mine are 10/8. Goes around corners well but you need to take road humps with care. Contemplating changing to lower rates. Too bad you stay so far. Cannot test to see how it feels
10/8 sure bone cracking,yours should be all four inverted monotube ?
i take road comfort. Front only inverted.
My taman only have 8 diy bump just to reach house. :mad: DIY bump is the worst...

Last edited:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Weatherstrip memang biasa. Respray will fix it. Dont lose the weatherstrip though. Those things not cheap.

Show us a picture of the doors. If just mere rust spots without holes, apply rust converter. In my experience, holes on doors not worth salvaging. Better to get new door skins or replacement doors from chop shop. I replaced all of mine about 10 years ago. Japanese doors much better. No sign of rust so far

10/8 sure bone cracking,yours should be all four inverted monotube ?
Forgot if the rear are monotubes. Should be since I took the track/touge specs.

My taman only have 8 diy bump just to reach house. :mad: DIY bump is the worst...
Ha Ha .. I turn this thread into a road hump bragging contest. I think hard to find another taman with more road humps than my place. My friends used to called my taman ... Shaolin 18 bronzemen. That's how many it takes to get to my apartment

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
old car, this bits memang biasa macam ni... when repaint, can do these up as well...
renesis, the rain gutter strips can repaint or replace. No problem....body and roof no chicken pox , no worry.
Weatherstrip memang biasa. Respray will fix it. Dont lose the weatherstrip though. Those things not cheap.

Show us a picture of the doors. If just mere rust spots without holes, apply rust converter. In my experience, holes on doors not worth salvaging. Better to get new door skins or replacement doors from chop shop. I replaced all of mine about 10 years ago. Japanese doors much better. No sign of rust so far

Forgot if the rear are monotubes. Should be since I took the track/touge specs.

Ha Ha .. I turn this thread into a road hump bragging contest. I think hard to find another taman with more road humps than my place. My friends used to called my taman ... Shaolin 18 bronzemen. That's how many it takes to get to my apartment
Nope. I don't mean the strip when I'm saying paint fade. Is beside the strip. Is not the roof but the pillar above the door. I don't know what is that part called. You can see the paint is darker in matte shade near the edges beside the strip. Signs of paint fading is showing up.

I got roof rust problem also but fixed around 2 years ago. Replaced front hood with a new one because of rust.

What do you mean by new door skin? I'm not familiar with this.

Japanese door from Lancer? From what I know, even this generation of Lancer suffers from roof rust problem same like Wira. The glue method in sealing the roof is used in Lancer as well.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What do you mean by new door skin? I'm not familiar with this.

The glue method in sealing the roof is used in Lancer as well.
Didn't ask which model those doors came from but it's been more than 10 years already and I dont see signs of rust on the door surface.

Door skin is just the outer layer which kena rust. They peel off the metal sheet and replace with new, keeping the old frame

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Didn't ask which model those doors came from but it's been more than 10 years already and I dont see signs of rust on the door surface.

Door skin is just the outer layer which kena rust. They peel off the metal sheet and replace with new, keeping the old frame
Should be Lancer or Libero (Lancer Wagon). Otherwise, no other door can fit Wira properly.

This door skin method doesn't sound very reliable to me. I'll show a picture of how the rust is on my door.

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
This door skin method doesn't sound very reliable to me. I'll show a picture of how the rust is on my door.
Yup. Skins didnt appeal to me too. That's why I change the entire door.

The rust spots on your car are all aligned in a straight line. Isn't the glue line located further below there? Wondering how come you have rust developing there. Think you need to change the whole door before you go for respray. In my case, I got fed up because someone poked his finger on my rust spot and the finger went straight through. :bawling:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Should be Lancer or Libero (Lancer Wagon). Otherwise, no other door can fit Wira properly.

actually the kulit replacement seems to work.... few friends who owned wiras before did that, seemed fine after....

roof rust, if don well, then really throughly coated, should last a while... as faidik said 50/50 chance it kam back...

my mechanic also said, it will either come ack very quickly, or be gone for a loong time if not for good..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My ex Wira only kena roof. Door, bonnet, boot all ok. Roof i had it ground to bare metal, inside and outside, painted anti rust and change the gum material, still the rust came back after about 8 months, then sold the car.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup. Skins didnt appeal to me too. That's why I change the entire door.

The rust spots on your car are all aligned in a straight line. Isn't the glue line located further below there? Wondering how come you have rust developing there. Think you need to change the whole door before you go for respray. In my case, I got fed up because someone poked his finger on my rust spot and the finger went straight through. :bawling:
At first I thought maybe it could be the glue thing but I don't think the glue line is located so high above. The other door develops the same straight line pattern rust as well. Both sides appeared at the same time. Initially, just small rust spot for like 1 or 2 years already. But in recent months, these spots seemed to 'bleed' rust liquid and more spots started to appear.

actually the kulit replacement seems to work.... few friends who owned wiras before did that, seemed fine after....

roof rust, if don well, then really throughly coated, should last a while... as faidik said 50/50 chance it kam back...

my mechanic also said, it will either come ack very quickly, or be gone for a loong time if not for good..
Need to ask around and see should I do skin replacement or replace door from Lancer.

Roof fix almost 2 years already. Did it during May 2015. But the paint job from that guy is terrible. Got crack mark on the paint surface. Really need to respray the whole car. But I got one question regarding respray. Can I keep back the stock sticker below the doors that came with the car? I want to maintain the stock factory look if possible.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota has dropped a ‘Speed’ in between Land and Cruiser for one Land Cruiser project. The said word come with these elements; twin-turbo, 2000hp and 352km/h. Meet the Toyota Land Speed Cruiser, the hyper SUV created by the company for this year's SEMA Show.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
<!--[if gte mso...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience