It's time to let it go......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Cylinder head ok, bent a few vavles.

Thereafter change timing belt every 2 to 3 years even though mileage not reached yet.....lol

Must have given you quite a fright. What was the symptoms when it happened and what did you do immediately?

Maybe once every 3 years is okay. Since timing belt kit not very expensive.

The new iVTEC in higher performance Honda has a more linear power delivery compared to the previous SiR engines where it hits you like a turbo kick in. The new Civic Turbo has a lot of potential and it runs a lot more efficient compared to the old one. My personal perspective.

The old ones have more aggressive cam setup during VTEC engagement. For fun factor, I think that is good but not good for efficiency and comfort during normal use. New Civic Turbo have potential but the main bottleneck would be the CVT gearbox... I heard China market can opt for a 6 speed manual... Feels like the manual went to the wrong market...

The CVT gearbox is pain in the ass for performance but a beauty for fuel consumption as it maintains the best torque curve for drivability.

The CVT gearbox is pain in the ass for performance but a beauty for fuel consumption as it maintains the best torque curve for drivability.

The disadvantage would be the need to change CVT gearbox oil which I heard is not cheap. Some CVT also suffers from overheat problem after prolonged usage at high rpm.

At the end, manual and torque converter auto are still the proven reliable gearbox out there.

Must have given you quite a fright. What was the symptoms when it happened and what did you do immediately?

Maybe once every 3 years is okay. Since timing belt kit not very expensive.

Engine just die off loh! What else to do but call tow truck......lol

Your wira kit is cheap, mine is MMC belt. Just the belt cost more than your kit, and there is an oil belt some more, belt tensioner, oil seals etc. etc....Since I change more often, I skip the tensioner and oil seal alternately...:driver:

The disadvantage would be the need to change CVT gearbox oil which I heard is not cheap. Some CVT also suffers from overheat problem after prolonged usage at high rpm.

At the end, manual and torque converter auto are still the proven reliable gearbox out there.

The first gen of CVT in Honda City was failure. Too many issues. After the reintroduction, it's more reliable now. The thing I don't like about CVT is that it feels like 'battery car' to me. Would like to hear the RPM goes up and down during shifting.

Honestly if you really want WRX, I would advise you to get Evo. The reason is reliability and availability of parts. It is cheaper to maintain or repair compared to WRX.

In terms of tuning cost, it's cheaper too. Even in stock, you can just raise the boost anytime without much worry. That's what I did to my Airtrek and I ran for years before I started the Evo-mods.

Totally agree!

I'm into the WRX STI for a few reasons actually.

1. Boxer engine and its sound
2. Lower theft rate than Evo (I'm really very worried about car theft especially those who rip parts)
3. Interior trim (CT9A series Evo still looks too plain)
4. DCCD in WRX STI allows it to behave like a RWD car if I want it. Besides, STI is a RWD based 4WD

For mods, I'm not those who are chasing high hp. Anything around 300 plus is okay. Prefer minor mods and mods that enhances reliability of parts instead of more power.

Even though got DCCD, the WRX actually handles less sensitive than the Evo and it understeers more than the Evo, so it is not behaving like a RWD which should be more neutral. Evo on the other hand turns in sharper and more neutral.

Engine just die off loh! What else to do but call tow truck......lol

Your wira kit is cheap, mine is MMC belt. Just the belt cost more than your kit, and there is an oil belt some more, belt tensioner, oil seals etc. etc....Since I change more often, I skip the tensioner and oil seal alternately...:driver:

Oh, so the engine just died. I thought there are like some kind of symptoms first like jerking or something.

My mechanic told me before that Wira can use MMC kit too but he said is more expensive. How much is your kit?

The first gen of CVT in Honda City was failure. Too many issues. After the reintroduction, it's more reliable now. The thing I don't like about CVT is that it feels like 'battery car' to me. Would like to hear the RPM goes up and down during shifting.

Well, my aunt who owns a HR-V used to drive the City that you mentioned. Hers was the facelift version. Drove for 8 years. Involved in 2 accidents before with motorbike. Yet, din't hear her complain about gearbox problem. But I've heard about many complaints regarding that City.

Some CVT still have pseudo gears to play around with... But I don't know how real do they feel compared to something like regular torque converter AT.

Totally agree!

Even though got DCCD, the WRX actually handles less sensitive than the Evo and it understeers more than the Evo, so it is not behaving like a RWD which should be more neutral. Evo on the other hand turns in sharper and more neutral.

But I guess the gap differences in handling is not that wide right? I mean STI and Evo are always very close rivals in terms of performance.

Speaking of handling, I always wonder if the handling of Evo and STI is better or worse than those old Civic EG, EK? Because those Civic always had such a good praise regarding their handling.

Oh, so the engine just died. I thought there are like some kind of symptoms first like jerking or something.

My mechanic told me before that Wira can use MMC kit too but he said is more expensive. How much is your kit?

Timing belt snap, immediately no more timing mah! so engine die immediate too....lol

Currently almost RM500 for the 2 belts....:bawling:

Timing belt snap, immediately no more timing mah! so engine die immediate too....lol

Currently almost RM500 for the 2 belts....:bawling:

RM500 is almost 3 times the amount for my timing belt. Well, your engine does make around 3 times more power too. At first I thought your timing belt kit is nearing RM1k.

RM500 is almost 3 times the amount for my timing belt. Well, your engine does make around 3 times more power too. At first I thought your timing belt kit is nearing RM1k.

No kit, all source separately. So I can tell my mechanic what I want to change to save some cost....:biggrin:

dude, your trek has gone. do u still have any trek's goodies for sale? :listen:

As the matter of fact, I do but mostly stock parts... :)

1) Stock Airtrek air scoop, silver but has a slight paint chip on the edge.
2) A brand new Airtrek Carbon Fiber air scoop. Someone ordered but never collect.
3) Original Oil Filler Cap
4) Ralliart Oil Filler Cap (Replica)
5) Grey HKS Oil Filler Cap (Replica)
6) Original Timing Belt Cover
7) Original Plug Cover
8) Original Airtrek camshafts + valve springs
9) Original Airbox + L-shaped funnel
10) K&N drop in filter (used for 3 years +, wash every 3000km)
11) Original Panasonic 2-Din HU with remote control
12) Original blow-off-valve
13) Perfect working conditioned original aircond compressor without the front pulley set. I had to buy the whole compressor just for the front pulley.
14) Airtrek turbo original grill

These few days, saw 2 silver Airtrek on the road at Ipoh. When I saw them, I straight away thought of stutzedward.

These few days, saw 2 silver Airtrek on the road at Ipoh. When I saw them, I straight away thought of stutzedward.

You know what, last week Tuesday, I sent my RX-8 to Dengkil to get something fixed and coincidently, I bumped into my Airtrek there! The owner left it at the same shop I went to have it retuned, claiming that it has black smoke on high boost. Well after tuning, it has been like that but I don't see that as a problem. Maybe too rich (which is good at high boost).

Maybe my Airtrek misses me, so it was pure coincident luck that I bumped into it again. The difference was minimal. Rear lamp tinted, all window tints were changed to very dark, new rim nuts and that's it. Everything was like how I sold it.

Honestly, it has been like 5 weeks now, I don't miss it .. hehehe.. a bit heartless.

You know what, last week Tuesday, I sent my RX-8 to Dengkil to get something fixed and coincidently, I bumped into my Airtrek there! The owner left it at the same shop I went to have it retuned, claiming that it has black smoke on high boost. Well after tuning, it has been like that but I don't see that as a problem. Maybe too rich (which is good at high boost).

Maybe my Airtrek misses me, so it was pure coincident luck that I bumped into it again. The difference was minimal. Rear lamp tinted, all window tints were changed to very dark, new rim nuts and that's it. Everything was like how I sold it.

Honestly, it has been like 5 weeks now, I don't miss it .. hehehe.. a bit heartless.

Such coincidence that the new owner went to the same shop that you did. Did you meet the new owner?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom