vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
brembo disc is flooding the online market place.
so far most are pads and disc.
Just heard from two friends using brembo in their Myvi. Very cheap rotors, so should be fake but they say they perform better then their original rotors....:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even Project U/Miu have fake ones right? That's why when we heard about a reputable or great performance parts having fake, really make you think twice whether to get one. Especially when is hard to tell whether is fake or ori.

Example, Ultra Racing bars at least they did come out with a sample on how to differentiate which is fake and which is ori.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even Project U/Miu have fake ones right? That's why when we heard about a reputable or great performance parts having fake, really make you think twice whether to get one. Especially when is hard to tell whether is fake or ori.

Example, Ultra Racing bars at least they did come out with a sample on how to differentiate which is fake and which is ori.
Probably the UR fake not up to mark, so can tell the difference. I have seen fake Proton parts the stickers looks exactly the same to layman like us, but expert can tell apart.:banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just heard from two friends using brembo in their Myvi. Very cheap rotors, so should be fake but they say they perform better then their original rotors....:hmmmm:
myvi ori disc is solid rite?
maybe the fake is ventilated but dangerously thin.
or the ventilation area is larger than oe disc.
that explain why the better brake but i doubt it will perform the same under heavy usage.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Probably the UR fake not up to mark, so can tell the difference. I have seen fake Proton parts the stickers looks exactly the same to layman like us, but expert can tell apart.:banghead:
lucky my proton is not using local part and its not mass produced.
so noo need to worry as who would copy renault's pary eh?
the volume just does not justify the cause.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that explain why the better brake but i doubt it will perform the same under heavy usage.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I thought they are all ventilated or is there a difference in 1.3 and 1.5?

Your Waja, only the engine is Renault, right? Other parts are local, if not how to be considered local manufactured....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I thought they are all ventilated or is there a difference in 1.3 and 1.5?

Your Waja, only the engine is Renault, right? Other parts are local, if not how to be considered local manufactured....
dunno abt latest gen myvi but the 1st gen has solid disc.
my wife viva is funny...i mati2 thought the disc is ventilated as i can see line in the middle of the disc when look from far.i thought wah...small disc oso ventilated.
to my surprise,its just a line...wtf is the purrpose of that?

my waja only have to worry abt the engine part due to availability not fake part.
other part i just buy aftermarket...no need to buy ori part as its non critical.

i am most concern abt proton atf fluid as the packaging is never encouraging.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Fake, thinness is one thing.

Repeated braking can damage it as well, due to inferior materials used.

Dont forget that counterfeit brakes dont offer the precise engineering and balancing the ori offers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dunno abt latest gen myvi but the 1st gen has solid disc.
my wife viva is funny...i mati2 thought the disc is ventilated as i can see line in the middle of the disc when look from far.i thought wah...small disc oso ventilated.
to my surprise,its just a line...wtf is the purrpose of that?

my waja only have to worry abt the engine part due to availability not fake part.
other part i just buy aftermarket...no need to buy ori part as its non critical.

i am most concern abt proton atf fluid as the packaging is never encouraging.
Just like the brembo brake covers, for show only......hahhaha:biggrin:

Yup, the ATF plenty of fakes.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Myvi 1.0 uses solid discs. 1.3 and 1.5 are ventilated.
Ah! forgot the 1.0......hahhahhahaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We have fake brake caliper covers in the market and now they even have the whole counterfeit brake system. :banghead: There are just too many counterfeit products in the automotive market.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everyone..anyone knows what type of glue or method is suitable for sticking aluminium mesh to the bumper? i bought some aluminium mesh to stick to the bumper..bumper already cut hole for the mesh..how to fix it in? glue o wat? scared later drive suddenly fall off...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience