Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
since many had highlighted cost of maintenance, then instead of worry of repairing this and that, might as well as buy a new car with the same budget. Peace of mind for sure, and suits nicely for those who are new to driving (17 years old right?)

What is most important = Reliable car + Learn driving, gain experience.....then upgrade to something else.
Yes, quite agree also with this. Maybe does not have to be brand new car but something not that old, maybe <3yrs old, so the risk is much less.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, quite agree also with this. Maybe does not have to be brand new car but something not that old, maybe <3yrs old, so the risk is much less.

I think is hard to find a well maintained turbo ride?

Renesis mentioned that GC8 might be too old.

Altezza is super easy to maintain. Only one more thing is remember to change LSD oil.

It might be lots of problem for an old performance car. Thus first car and DD shouldn't be like that I think.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
@kenyeang, thanks for the info :)
@wazza, first of all, you have a bmw with 2j? Damn cool. Have pics? How much is the average maintainence cost for the e46? The problem with the Evo for me is they can only use ron97 and it's expensive as he'll haha. But I always preferred jam over conti haha.

@kenyeang , agree a little bit on the repair part. Do u have any recommendations for a 4 door car with a price tag of around 40-50k?
@crz thx for the info :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Can anyone recommend me a car (new or used) 4 door, around rm 40k to 50k?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro hgbee, for that budget, a brand new Myvi is a good choice. Absolutely hassle free, excellent FC. Reasonable comfortable, with interior space bigger than E46 BMW or Altezza. With some extra cash left, you could do up the car nicely.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
bro hgbee, for that budget, a brand new Myvi is a good choice. Absolutely hassle free, excellent FC. Reasonable comfortable, with interior space bigger than E46 BMW or Altezza. With some extra cash left, you could do up the car nicely.
U joking? :o
I didn't know Tezza and E46 interior are so small!
But then Myvi probably can't satisfy him. And also handling wise I'm very doubtful.

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
But then Myvi probably can't satisfy him. And also handling wise I'm very doubtful.
Agree with @stupidcar . Id probably get a 2nd hand car than get a new myvi. And i isnt the e46's interior quite spacious?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think is hard to find a well maintained turbo ride?

Renesis mentioned that GC8 might be too old.

Altezza is super easy to maintain. Only one more thing is remember to change LSD oil.

It might be lots of problem for an old performance car. Thus first car and DD shouldn't be like that I think.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.
Production year for Altezza : 1998-2005
Production year for GC8 : 1992-2000

Generally, GC8 is older unless you compare a 1998 Altezza with a year 2000 GC8. Spare parts for GC8 won't be easy to find as well considering that there not that many Subaru around our country. But if a person had the money and time to restore a GC8, it can be fun. Lightweight, 4WD, turbocharged, boxer sound.....

@kenyeang, thanks for the info :)
@wazza, first of all, you have a bmw with 2j? Damn cool. Have pics? How much is the average maintainence cost for the e46? The problem with the Evo for me is they can only use ron97 and it's expensive as he'll haha. But I always preferred jam over conti haha.

@kenyeang , agree a little bit on the repair part. Do u have any recommendations for a 4 door car with a price tag of around 40-50k?
@crz thx for the info :)

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Can anyone recommend me a car (new or used) 4 door, around rm 40k to 50k?

Correct me if I am wrong but 4G63T engine found in Evo are able to use RON95. They are not high compression engines like Honda's K20A.

4 door car around 40k to 50k, I think maybe you can consider old Honda Civic. EG or EK. Those what generally people call as converted 4 door EG9 or 4 door EK4. With B series VTEC engines, they can be fast. Even better if you can find those with K20A engine but they only run on RON97. Here's an example...

Honda ek ej K20A type R - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my

Torsion beam setup on rear... :biggrin:

Agree with @stupidcar . Id probably get a 2nd hand car than get a new myvi. And i isnt the e46's interior quite spacious?

Advantages for Myvi = Good FC, reliable, cheap maintenance, higher seating position with higher ride height (compared with low cars during the 90s like Wira, Civic).

Suitable car for many people especially new drivers. But not really a fun car to drive if handling is concerned.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
40-50k u can get 325i.. forget about 320i... if u opt for 320i, might as well go for Altezza. Btw, don't think Altezza's cheap to maintain or mod...

These are 2 very good cars. I'm surprised it came from a 17 year old boy like you. Kudos. But u must get a good mech to check out the rides u've shortlisted

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
40-50k u can get 325i.. forget about 320i... if u opt for 320i, might as well go for Altezza. Btw, don't think Altezza's cheap to maintain or mod...

These are 2 very good cars. I'm surprised it came from a 17 year old boy like you. Kudos. But u must get a good mech to check out the rides u've shortlisted
Then 2.5L dy wor. RM879. :bawling:

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks for the info Bryan :)

So if i were to compare the altezza to the 325i, the altezza would be more expensive to maintain and mod?

Haha i will definitely get a mechanic and check them out. :)

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Bro...before you consider Altezza pls refer to my FAQ. I have written extensively on the topic...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-altezza-is200-is300-forum/90862-altezza-faq-30.html
Thanks. I will read everything on it.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Do you guys think both the cars will have lost a lot of power due to it's age? If the owners took care of it very carefully then it would be no problem right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BRZ / 86 is in a little bit of a limbo these days. A brilliant coupe on one hand and a asthmatic child on the other. Although Toyobaru coupes are never known to be powerful nor fast within the sports car vocabulary, they make up for purity, soul and driveability. It defines the true meaning of a driver's car. That's why driving legends like Tengku Djan has an 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience