bmw e90 320i or honda edix

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
bmw e90 320i or honda edix better??plsssss.....

Hi fellas :wavey:,

I have a question for beloved ZTH members (hope dont "tiaw" me..:adore:), before the questions, here some info regarding that matter :

I'm planning to buy above car, either bmw e90 320i/honda edix.
I'm randomly survey the price for bmw e90 320i production made from 2005 till 2007 is around 95k to 120k and the honda edix production made from 2004 till 2006 is around 75k till 85k.
My gross salary somewhere around 3.8k per month.
I already a permenant staff and working here since feb 2011.
I have no credit card..no personal loan (just make full sattlement last month)..no housing loan..and also no car loan till today..
I'm planning to get married this january 2013 d:-)
I'm want to buy a car because i want to see my ''titik peluh'' from my salary rather i just spend my salary for nonsense thing, atleast i cant see ''something physically'' infront of me.

So my questions is :
which one is the better, bmw or honda? (interm of....)

-payment,2nd value,downpayment and anything related with value and financial issue.
-maintainance,handling,modification (not to soon),consumption,features,and anything related with the technology and engines.
-comfortable for family (because planning get married)
-long term or short term usage.

ps : please guys..i need your advice..:bawling:

Last edited:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
I can only tell you that e90s have known manufacturer faults with the engine. On top of that, the engine gaskets and oil seals leak every 3 years or so. So be prepared to spend thousands of ringgit on fixing oil leak issues.

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
I can only tell you that e90s have known manufacturer faults with the engine. On top of that, the engine gaskets and oil seals leak every 3 years or so. So be prepared to spend thousands of ringgit on fixing oil leak issues.

this is what happen to my friend that just bought e46 early this year
now already 1 month at the workshop
no enough fund to cover 3k for similar issue

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Betwen your 2 choices, I'd choose the BMW, but rather than that BMW, I'd go with a Toyota Mark X 250G 2005-2006.
But then concerning the level of salary you're making right now, I STRONGLY urge you NOT to spend that much money on cars! Instead just buy a cheap economical car like Myvi. I suggest you focus more on your career, work hard and save as much as you can for your future rather than spending so much on a car. Think about buying a house later, not just cars!
Just try to calculate, if say you buy a car for 100K with 3.5% interest per year for 7 years, then you will be paying roughly >1300 per month, meaning you will spend about 1/3 of your salary just on car installment! That's not yet accounting for fuel and maintenance. You don't want to be driving BMW but then be stingy on food, etc2 right?? You don't want to take your girl in a BMW but then go out on dates to cheap places every time, right?? :) Unless of course you got parents who support you, but trust me, being independent using what you can really afford will feel more rewarding and proud than depending on others.
I suggest you wait until your salary is AT LEAST double what you got now, then you can start to consider buying cars in 80-120K range.

That's just my 2 cents though, of course you're free to use your money as you wish. :)

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
Betwen your 2 choices, I'd choose the BMW, but rather than that BMW, I'd go with a Toyota Mark X 250G 2005-2006.
But then concerning the level of salary you're making right now, I STRONGLY urge you NOT to spend that much money on cars! Instead just buy a cheap economical car like Myvi. I suggest you focus more on your career, work hard and save as much as you can for your future rather than spending so much on a car. Think about buying a house later, not just cars!
Just try to calculate, if say you buy a car for 100K with 3.5% interest per year for 7 years, then you will be paying roughly >1300 per month, meaning you will spend about 1/3 of your salary just on car installment! That's not yet accounting for fuel and maintenance. You don't want to be driving BMW but then be stingy on food, etc2 right?? You don't want to take your girl in a BMW but then go out on dates to cheap places every time, right?? :) Unless of course you got parents who support you, but trust me, being independent using what you can really afford will feel more rewarding and proud than depending on others.
I suggest you wait until your salary is AT LEAST double what you got now, then you can start to consider buying cars in 80-120K range.

That's just my 2 cents though, of course you're free to use your money as you wish. :)
yess
that's true also
after paying instalment more than 1k above, i must ''ikat perut and ikat kaki'' after that
and some more baby things after married
erhhhh

ps : i really appreciate your advice..this is what i'm thinking before i post this thread..
(i really need open minded post such this one..its really help me to make good decision..)

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yess
that's true also
after paying instalment more than 1k above, i must ''ikat perut and ikat kaki'' after that
and some more baby things after married
erhhhh

ps : i really appreciate your advice..this is what i'm thinking before i post this thread..
(i really need open minded post such this one..its really help me to make good decision..)
In hope you'll indeed make a wise decision. :)
I'm giving you that advice because when I started working more than 15yrs ago, having a nice car was the main thing on my mind! But then it didn't do me any good other than just little pride which got eroded quickly whenever I needed money for something else much more important. Trust me, I'm more of a car nut than 90% of the people I've known, but yet I would never buy a car that cost more than what I can make in a year, no matter how desirable the car is to me!

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
Toyota Altezza. Better choice for ur budget.:driver::driver::driver::driver:

altezza?
ermm
thats what i looking for before this
but
how about the bank loan?
is it reliable?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

FAQ on Altezza if interested.... But seriously what is your requirement??
BMW e90 and Edix are 2 opposite end of the scale....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-altezza-is200-is300-forum/90862-altezza-faq-22.html
i'm fine
aslong within the budget

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

In hope you'll indeed make a wise decision. :)
I'm giving you that advice because when I started working more than 15yrs ago, having a nice car was the main thing on my mind! But then it didn't do me any good other than just little pride which got eroded quickly whenever I needed money for something else much more important. Trust me, I'm more of a car nut than 90% of the people I've known, but yet I would never buy a car that cost more than what I can make in a year, no matter how desirable the car is to me!

yup bro
just ''syok'' for a while
after that headche will come
ermm
how about honda city new one?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

yup bro
just ''syok'' for a while
after that headche will come
ermm
how about honda city new one?
Brand new City cost >90K. With you current salary level of about 40-45K per year, so you're still thinking of buying cars more than double what you make in a year?? Honestly if you ask me, you should NOT buy a car over RM50K! And that leaves you only with new Myvi 1.3 or Proton Saga FL if you want a new car. I know those are not much of a car and not what you want to hear but even with a Myvi, it already costs a tad more than you make in a year! So just be wise and forget about having nice cars for now. Myvi is good enough to get you around with good fuel efficiency and it is a simple car with reliable engine (from Toyota) so you can also start to learn about taking care of a car.

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
Brand new City cost >90K. With you current salary level of about 40-45K per year, so you're still thinking of buying cars more than double what you make in a year?? Honestly if you ask me, you should NOT buy a car over RM50K! And that leaves you only with new Myvi 1.3 or Proton Saga FL if you want a new car. I know those are not much of a car and not what you want to hear but even with a Myvi, it already costs a tad more than you make in a year! So just be wise and forget about having nice cars for now. Myvi is good enough to get you around with good fuel efficiency and it is a simple car with reliable engine (from Toyota) so you can also start to learn about taking care of a car.

ermm
myvi
i have kancil
fully convert to L5 classic
but u know
after been ''kantoi'' by road enforcement, i cant renew my roadtax
i need to inspect my car
for sure my car failed the test
now my kancil just ''sadai'' at my family house
that why im planning to buy new car
some more my car hard to sell because already fully modi
so maybe my kancil to be ''museum'' for next generation
hahahah
and my target is to buy a car that i no need to covert/touch anything

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
Bro, seriously i advice u take Fiesta if u consider new city because
1-cheaper (85k for hatch , and 83 for sedan)
2-better NVH
3-safer (electronic stability program , traction control, 7 airbags in sedan, Euro NCAP 5 stars, u can youtube crashtest fiesta against peu 308 )
4-better handling
5-better audio quality with Voice command
6-6 speed dual clutch
7- Dohc TiVCT (aka Dual VVTi for toyota), 120hp engine
8-maintance free, 3 yrs /60k km . total 6 times

oni cons is resale value.

small car, but strong build
Kompatibilitäts-Crashtest Peugeot 308 gegen Ford Fiesta - YouTube

Last edited:

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
Bro, seriously i advice u take Fiesta if u consider new city because
1-cheaper (85k for hatch , and 83 for sedan)
2-better NVH
3-safer (electronic stability program , traction control, 7 airbags in sedan, Euro NCAP 5 stars, u can youtube crashtest fiesta against peu 308 )
4-better handling
5-better audio quality with Voice command
6-6 speed dual clutch
7- Dohc TiVCT (aka Dual VVTi for toyota), 120hp engine
8-maintance free, 3 yrs /60k km . total 6 times

oni cons is resale value.

small car, but strong build
Kompatibilitäts-Crashtest Peugeot 308 gegen Ford Fiesta - YouTube

erm
fiesta also no bad
suit for family usage (in future..)
so now
e90 and edix is out of the list
ermm
value for money and good looking
what car is that
huhuhuh

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys ... notice on dunno which forum that links to tornado websites ... looking cool .... mind asking where to get (i thknk saw once yrs ago in N! racing .. but totally can't remember details lar .... :P ) and wats the price ar ? somemore somemore i notice it looks similiar to my pc fan too ... u guys think can diy n get moreless the same effect !? thank you thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience