Gear Oil for manual Neo

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Hi,

Does anyone knows the manual gear oil for neo? Any brands to recommend, price and where to get?

thanks alot! :driver:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
okay is GL4 75W90, usually is between 2 - 2.5 liters.
fill up the transmission oil till it drips, wait till the last drop sops then only seal the filler plug

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Gear shifts feels slightly smoother, 2nd gear still as difficult to go in when downshifting when rev is not matched..

Can anyone tell me why my neo still can't go higher than 190km/h..
On brisk silver plugs, arospeed cables, 16" rims, stock bodykits.:banghead:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Gear shifts feels slightly smoother, 2nd gear still as difficult to go in when downshifting when rev is not matched..

Can anyone tell me why my neo still can't go higher than 190km/h..
On brisk silver plugs, arospeed cables, 16" rims, stock bodykits.:banghead:
i see. thats good news.

try Denso iridium IT20 plugs.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
So brisk is not good? Just changed 6mths back, only did 12k km..
im not saying the plugs aren't good. if there isn't any engine jerking or stumble when driving,it should be okay.
consider this. to go faster, u need more air and fuel. also, when going fast, you need to get the bad air out as soon as possible.
*poison* time to mod more :burnout:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
im not saying the plugs aren't good. if there isn't any engine jerking or stumble when driving,it should be okay.
consider this. to go faster, u need more air and fuel. also, when going fast, you need to get the bad air out as soon as possible.
*poison* time to mod more :burnout:

but my fellow neorians told me theirs even with stock exhaust can hit 200km/h no problem? That's why i am puzzled why my neo 190km/h and not climbing already.

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i've tried redline mtf,quite nice! but quite pricey...shifting becomes easier after using that.
but i think there must be few brands out there that are good also...or better...hehehe

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
I'm looking for a brand that can take abusive gear shifting or just a calm drive around the city or a long distance drive, proton stock gearbox oil is good?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
can try castrol gearbox oil.....mine using castrol change every 20k/km...feel smooth and can spin tyre on 2nd gear...hehe

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
it is recommended to use normal transmission fluid..rather than those racing ones. yes, no doubt, those racing ones provide a smoother feel. bear in mind, racing ones are made for racing; high temperature, high stress which requires special protection from the racing transmission fluid.
a scheduled replacement of transmission would help to maintain smooth shifting and prevent premature wear.

rippytan

May 5, 2012
Singapore
it is recommended to use normal transmission fluid..rather than those racing ones. yes, no doubt, those racing ones provide a smoother feel. bear in mind, racing ones are made for racing; high temperature, high stress which requires special protection from the racing transmission fluid.
a scheduled replacement of transmission would help to maintain smooth shifting and prevent premature wear.
yeah agree... u need to make sure that what is ur application. If u are those drag till rpm very high then a good quality gb oil is needed else dun waste ur money. btw i am using lucas syn SAE140. After the change my gb is smoother plus my clutch = awesome holding effect. hehe....

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
from my observation,
when the normal gear oil was used for track racing ( even at night ), oil vapor escapes the gearbox..till it drips on the floor.
then during daytime, the oil escapes the gearbox even more.

it did not happen when racing gear oil was used. a physical proof that good oil really works :D duhh

rippytan

May 5, 2012
Singapore
from my observation,
when the normal gear oil was used for track racing ( even at night ), oil vapor escapes the gearbox..till it drips on the floor.
then during daytime, the oil escapes the gearbox even more.

it did not happen when racing gear oil was used. a physical proof that good oil really works :D duhh
hehe yup. good racing gb oils are meant to be super tolerant to high temp in order to ensure that the gears and working even after trashing a few rounds on track. Normal oils with lower sae will lead to like u mention...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys! This is what I am thinking about. I am from SG and I go JB to shop, makan, repair car etc once in a while.

I went today and at a plate of rice that cost me RM6 and a can of coke RM2. Total RM8. If I take exchange rate into consideration, RM8 is acutally quite cheap.

I don't really know about salary in JB. but I just feel that spending RM8 on a meal is not exactly cheap unless you are earning at least RM4-5K a month?

Btw, this is just a shop along the road side, not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience