Mr-s smt

May 22, 2009
Hi guys, recently I notice leaks from my gear shift actuator and after searching through the forum, the only solution seems to be replacing the part. Does the part cost RM5,500 or is there any other alternative? Does anyone know where I can get the SMT oil?

Is is a feasible option to convert to manual gear instead? Anyone selling a 6 speed manual gear, and how much?

Can the 6 speed manual gear for 2zz-ge engine for celica be use on the MR-S?

Thanks.

victor87

Known Member
Oct 24, 2007
Hi guys, recently I notice leaks from my gear shift actuator and after searching through the forum, the only solution seems to be replacing the part. Does the part cost RM5,500 or is there any other alternative? Does anyone know where I can get the SMT oil?

Is is a feasible option to convert to manual gear instead? Anyone selling a 6 speed manual gear, and how much?

Can the 6 speed manual gear for 2zz-ge engine for celica be use on the MR-S?

Thanks.
Yes, the C64 6 Speed transmission from 2zz-ge Celica will works on the MR-S..
Since the transmission is for a car with the engine at the other end, u will need to change the shifter shaft, shifter cables..

Correct me if i'm wrong :D

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
like victor said, you need to change the shifter shaft of the celica 6 speed manual gear box & because yours is SMT the top levers on the G boxs cant be flipped over. (only a manual gear box). Btw shifter shaft is not cheap, & the 6 speed g box is rare. gear ratio on celica 6 speed is shorter than MR-S 6 speed. (officially in japan & europe [not US] from 2003 onwards MR-S had 6 speed)

Its easier if you have a manual MR-S instead, to convert to 2zz g box.

Yes, one CAN convert SMT to Manual. 5-6 local SMT owners has gone manual. I think one of them is on this board too. 4 were done in Sgbesi.

lots of info posted on SC or search my nick on other sites. cheers

if i'm not mistaken.
MR-S 5 speed = C56
MR-S 6 speed = C64
celica 2zz 6 speed = C60

(too many info achieved in my HD, dont know to search)

Last edited:

victor87

Known Member
Oct 24, 2007
You can get the shifter shaft from LittleRocket which is a member from Spyderchat.com

Thou, the shaft is not cheap as what kool has told.

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
C56 = 5 Speed
MR-S 6 speed MT is C60, not C64....
C64 only used on 2ZZ Celica, Lotus Elise & Exige
C65M = 03+ SMT 6 Speed Transmission.

Hey kool, is it true that C60 cant handle above 300+whp? Some said the 3rd gear and Final Drive will break...

beyond 4896 : Here you go, http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/data/524/medium/11_05_MR2_Spyder.jpg

there are known chaps with >300hp with 6speed that hasnt failed.

As they mention, if one likes to drag race, wheel hop starts, stress the tranny, yes all this contributes to accelaration failure of the 6speed Gbox. If one plan to do drag, stick to 5 speed g box

victor87

Known Member
Oct 24, 2007
But is the 2ZZ can be mate with the C60 5 Speed Manual??
If i'm not mistaken, a 2zz swap require a 6speeder? is that true??

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
But is the 2ZZ can be mate with the C60 5 Speed Manual??
If i'm not mistaken, a 2zz swap require a 6speeder? is that true??
both bell housing mates to engine. its the 'Z' series remember.

forcing shifts will likely to see some gear go faster; if it goes likely the 3 gear scyncros for 1zz, & 2 gear for 2zz.

most chaps cant invest into doggears for tracking.

its just the gear ratios that help bring the best "out" of 2zz. drag guys keep it with 5 spd. cheaper for them.

checked wiki, ?? I'm pretty sure celica zzt231 2zz is C60. thats what was taken out of the salvage celica. housing shows. C56 is 5 spd

miatasan

Jul 3, 2006
Dear sifus,

I just bought a used mrs and noticed that my smt oil is slightly lower than the min level... i have been looking around but cant find any SMT OIL in the market.

Can anyone please advise me. Appreciate very much in advance.

Also, Where do all sifus send your car for service?

BTW, i would also like to find out which is the best shop/mechanic to go if want to convert from smt to manual in future. read from old thread that a few went to sg besi but i couldnt find the name of the shop. Can all sifus please provide me with 2 options??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the greatest aspects of motorsports is perhaps also one of the angles that the spectators rarely view as they see the racecars shred slicks on the tarmac, and that is the plethora of emotions and effort invested by the team in getting the car to the starting grid in the first place.

Team JPM Dragon-i can attest to that though, as the team very nearly didn’t make it to the starting grid but managed to get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience