Throttle Body Cleaning

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
horlow i`m confused here ....... whast the exact way of cleaning the Throttle Body ? some one teach me this way the other one say its not this way ....... show haw many ways of cleaning the Throttle Body ...... and whats the difference between the liquid and spray type

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
clean body

recently my mech cleaned my throttle body. he removed the air filter and spray while revving. then he used a liquid while still revving. within 30 minutes he was done. but im not sure if its the best way. i asked mech y he did not open the throttle body and clean it he said better to do this way cause it cleans the sensors too. im not sure if he is right though.
edwin_lcw said:
horlow i`m confused here ....... whast the exact way of cleaning the Throttle Body ? some one teach me this way the other one say its not this way ....... show haw many ways of cleaning the Throttle Body ...... and whats the difference between the liquid and spray type

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
clean body

recently my mech cleaned my throttle body. he removed the air filter and spray while revving. then he used a liquid while still revving. within 30 minutes he was done. but im not sure if its the best way. i asked mech y he did not open the throttle body and clean it he said better to do this way cause it cleans the sensors too. im not sure if he is right though.
edwin_lcw said:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
whare to pour the liquid ar ? how much he charge you ?

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
last time i service TB the mechanic took out the TB and dismantel it after that he clean it with petrol and rub here rub there than put it back then spray with TB cleaner rev here rev there and kow tim. pay him 30 buck.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
your last time is when ...... and whare u do it ? so cheap 30 bucks ?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
air filter hose

my mech charge me 90 cause the liquid very expensive. he used 2 type of liquids each rm 50. one is spray the other one is liquid. he remove the air filter. then he spray in the air filter hose while revving, then he use the liquid same process. so far my car is fine. before my car jerk alot
edwin_lcw said:
whare to pour the liquid ar ? how much he charge you ?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
after you take out the air filter, the hose conecting the air filter to the engine. that one
edwin_lcw said:
ha ? whare to pour the liquid thing ? which hose ?

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
i think should take out the throttle body first..(remove all sensor la) then clean it with petrol..(especially at the butterfly there)...then spray it with hi pressure air.. n fix back like how it was..(connect every sensor correctly).. that's it.. right??
this is wad my instructor taught me..

scoupe,
urs sound like some carbon cleaning stuffs right?? i heard tht i can clean carbon in combustion chamber also wor??? true ar??

psyk

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
what difference before cleaning and after cleaning the tb? got more power? fc lower? accelleration/pickup better?

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
aiyo edwin.. not 30 buck..on the bill wrote 38 for TB cleaning and together with the service charge (oil filter, engine oil etc) the wmanship 15.

before cleaning TB my idling fluctuate so bad after cleaning stable rpm and light throtle response..

ACM

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Selangor
simplythebest said:
Mine was, he took out the throttle body, wash it clean with fab soap, then apply some grease.
Wah...like tat oso can ar..? looks not pro wo...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai, i need explanation on original boss kit spoon...
spoon boss kit have any stamp "spoon" on it to prove that it's originally spoon part coz the design same like universal@aftermarket bosskit...

help me to justified

extra photo to see the stamp "spoon"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience