S90 Throttle Body Unstable Idling

lanun

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2004
Im using s90 on civic b20b but now getting prob on unstable idling n heard many user facing same problem bcs of vacum leak. Some said using 1gen S90 throttle body not facing idling issue. Some of bengkel said S90 itself prob ( most my frenz using on cibiv b series).

I was tried some method to get stable idling like TPS adjust, Iacv clean n etc. no check engine but still getting prob. 1 more wat the diff cooper butterfly wif crom butterfly? Any diff?

Try getting others brand as Skunk2 or Works (prefer coz cheap than skunk2). Any comment? Tq.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I used WORKS 70mm tb on my 93t b4 and i hate it because the fuel pedal feels so stiff, when u press the pedal, u only get ON and OFF, u cant gradually increase the pedal feel..The car wont move if u press the little too soft so when u press it harder, the car accelerate too much, if u stuck in bumper to bumper jam then u'll know wat i mean..Hate dat kind of feel..

As for chrome and copper butterfly, heard some said copper wont jam when it's hot, all my frens using S90 t/bodies nvr complain jam also and they been using it for years on the road and track as well..

Last edited:

lanun

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2004
I got it before (feel stiff), if jammed (or mount climbing) then u know la (im using Ogura he he so heavy de clutch). but u can adjust the butterfly to get smooth/soft pedal (i did before) but then u get idle prob. If butterfly tight properly then u didnt hav idle noticed but u will get hard to set pedal accel.

If there any Fake WOrks outside there? How to verify? How much the cost coz I c at leat has 2 model of works TB.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I tot super singles are light n easy to handle?..at first iwas very stiff, asked my mech to modify and it was better but still uncomfortable for city driving..Is there any WORKS immitations?..:confused:

for mitsu there's only 1 model if i'm not mistaken..for honda i'm not sure..

lanun

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2004
I tot super singles are light n easy to handle?..at first iwas very stiff, asked my mech to modify and it was better but still uncomfortable for city driving..Is there any WORKS immitations?..:confused:

Just worried. Some dealer said Beware of imitation...

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

how much the cost u burn for Works?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
how much the cost u burn for Works?[/QUOTE]

rm530.

9tailsfox

Sep 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used WORKS 70mm tb on my 93t b4 and i hate it because the fuel pedal feels so stiff, when u press the pedal, u only get ON and OFF, u cant gradually increase the pedal feel..The car wont move if u press the little too soft so when u press it harder, the car accelerate too much, if u stuck in bumper to bumper jam then u'll know wat i mean..Hate dat kind of feel..

As for chrome and copper butterfly, heard some said copper wont jam when it's hot, all my frens using S90 t/bodies nvr complain jam also and they been using it for years on the road and track as well..
That because your TB is stick. U need to adjust the screw. 1 min can fix it

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Im using s90 on civic b20b but now getting prob on unstable idling n heard many user facing same problem bcs of vacum leak. Some said using 1gen S90 throttle body not facing idling issue. Some of bengkel said S90 itself prob ( most my frenz using on cibiv b series).

I was tried some method to get stable idling like TPS adjust, Iacv clean n etc. no check engine but still getting prob. 1 more wat the diff cooper butterfly wif crom butterfly? Any diff?

Try getting others brand as Skunk2 or Works (prefer coz cheap than skunk2). Any comment? Tq.
bro... have u tried sealing the rim of the butterfly inside the throttle body with 'gam gasket'?

try read here : tacra's diy garage: Throttle Body Problems

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VW Golf R finally arrives! Passat CC R-line also revealed!

We waited, and waited, and the wait is now finally over. It is official - the Golf R has finally landed on our shores! Just to quickly go through the stats once more: 2.0L turbo mated to a 6-speed DSG box, 255PS and 330Nm, 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience