4G92 throttle body

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi there

I am planning to change my throttle body because I have enough of the jerking problems it causes. What do you guys recommend, I mean the brand and the size (70mm, 90mm, oversized?) I saw on mudah.my, there are many options but I'm not sure about this. If it is oversize, is the performance will slightly increase? How about the fuel consumption? Thank you in advance.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
bigger= loss torque at low rpm=gain power at high rpm=heavy fuel consumption

your engine jerking due to what??

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I pretty sure its because of the throttle body. Because this jerking start to happen when I changed the throttle body due to accident. But that time, wana quick replacement and no money, but a new cheapo china made one. The jerking happens during cruising at 90-110 kmh.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
So I think better stick to the original size throttle body? What else can cause such jerking other than throttle body?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I pretty sure its because of the throttle body. Because this jerking start to happen when I changed the throttle body due to accident. But that time, wana quick replacement and no money, but a new cheapo china made one. The jerking happens during cruising at 90-110 kmh.
jerking during cruise i dont think due to TB....try check spark plug/injector area

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Injector u mean fuel injector? Spark plugs are new, or maybe the socket where the spark plugs are installed (I dont know what they are called)? Its a 1996 car, and I never replace these both parts..

If the TB problem, what are the signs?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Injector u mean fuel injector? Spark plugs are new, or maybe the socket where the spark plugs are installed (I dont know what they are called)? Its a 1996 car, and I never replace these both parts..

If the TB problem, what are the signs?
tb problem sign mostly would be idling/morning start/aircond on idling problem....

check spark plug and its cable la

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Aiyo.. the problem happened again. After changed the fuel filter, it reduces a bit. Fuel filter might caused some jerking but I think I still not solved the main problem; which is I do not know.

I notice that the jerking not happened during the 90-110kmh speed, but during 3000rpm. It means, lets say I am picking up speed at gear 3 at 3000rpm, jerking will happen. At gear 5, of coz it will happen during 90-110kmh because thats the rpm at that speed. Please advise, is it because of the plug cable? Not throttle body?

I really hope to solve this ASAP, it really annoys me

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

If when I turn on the aircond, the rpm drops until the engine vibrates and like nearly shuts down, is that TB problem?

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
u can try to check all connection/ connector at coil and tr power unit
over the time it can be 'wire putus dalam' due to harden wire

i experienced it once

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
seriously? so u experienced the same problem as i mentioned here before?
what coil? which part of the engine? Sorry, i do not know much about engine, just little bit.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
ignition coil that connect the plug wires to the spark plugs. How serious is the jerk? Is hard to indentify the probs with the speed of 90-110, test the coil by this way, drive 2nd or 3rd gear 2000rpm than suddenly step it all down (full throttle).

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
is not the speed related, it is rpm related. as i told before, any any speed or any gear, around 3000rpm, the jerking happens. can i know the coil is the problem by just looking at it? can you give some photo of the coil?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Aiyo.. the problem happened again. After changed the fuel filter, it reduces a bit. Fuel filter might caused some jerking but I think I still not solved the main problem; which is I do not know.

I notice that the jerking not happened during the 90-110kmh speed, but during 3000rpm. It means, lets say I am picking up speed at gear 3 at 3000rpm, jerking will happen. At gear 5, of coz it will happen during 90-110kmh because thats the rpm at that speed. Please advise, is it because of the plug cable? Not throttle body?

I really hope to solve this ASAP, it really annoys me

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

If when I turn on the aircond, the rpm drops until the engine vibrates and like nearly shuts down, is that TB problem?

yes probably just u need to play with the tb setting such as tps setting, ilde air screw, or throttle body stopper screw behind that...

and check also for all tb vaccum hosess

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
is not the speed related, it is rpm related. as i told before, any any speed or any gear, around 3000rpm, the jerking happens. can i know the coil is the problem by just looking at it? can you give some photo of the coil?
Sounds like TB probs, do you feel any unusual just rev the car without driving? For example rpm meter goes ups and down a little bit even ur foot was holding still at 3k rpm?
Picture below no.1 is ignition coil. Coil faulty is unvisible outside only the worse i heard is getting melt :smokin:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My toyota GL, white colour was stolen at Damansara on Tuesday 21/04/2009. This car was at drift spec, lowered, with 17" rims at the rear and 15" at the front, full bucket seats (black colour), 4 points safety harness & a detacheable Nardi steering.
Anybody seeing this car please kindly inform me.
Thank you so much for your help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience