Yokohama Vs Bridgestone....

skyline7

Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
Which tyres are better in quality and grip(wet n dry)?Planning to buy but no idea which is better.Help guys...TQ.

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
it depends on ur wallet too....
i've used the neova's....& i would say its has chewing gum grip on dry...but bare in mind yoko's more softer compound makes it wears off quite fast too. but then u cant really have all.... other solution get a moderate tyres thats fairly good on dry & wet (recommended the bridgestone GIII of the Goodyear GSD3 F1)

just my suggestion....but i'm still on neova's (2nd set already) B)

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
this comparison has been posted a couple of times, you want grip, spend a bit more on ad07, is the best street tire, G3? i using them myself, they sucks

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
I'm using Potenza G3 too for about a month, to say it sucks is wrong, but don't expect u can do anything with this tyre. IMO it has very good dry grip & good wet grip too.

BTW, the best street tyre from Bridgestone is not Potenza G3, but Potenza S03 Pole Position.

Goodear Eagle F1 GSD is the best wet tyre, but average dry grip. This is Autocar's conclusion on their previous tyre shoot-out article (all the tyres are tested on track, so it should be very objective assessment).

I never use Yokohama so cannot comment, but Satria R3 using Yokohama tyres can lap Sepang below 3 minutes, very impressive indeed, and yes, new Lotus Elise uses Yokohama too.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I've been using from the day i got my 1st car until now. Never regret. Really good at wet & dry. Maybe that why Karamjit use it for Rally purpose, sames goes to Mits. team WRC also.

The only thing turn me down is the price, cause it keep increasing & increasing ....

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
InitialD said:
Pls be careful with that article and survey. They are actualy referring to the GERMAN's made Eagle F1 GS-D3 and not the THAILAND made availble freely in our domestic market.

The Germany made comes with Silica compound, hence softer and 'grippier' but also subject to higher wear n tear whereas the Thailand version which comes very much cheaper does not.

You have to EXPLICTLY import or get the Germany's version as most tyre shop is selling the Thai version which is very very much cheaper. I did get hold of the Germany version and used it and when it wears out, I tried the Thai version and changed it 'immediately' after 2 weeks with much disapointment.

Am running on ADVAN AD07 now and although it's grip is much superior in dry, I still feel the overall winner (treadware,traction,hydroplanning,price,durability..etc) belongs to the GS-D3 (Germans)..really a superb all condition runner.

my 0.0000002 cents. :)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I'm using G3 now from Japan wan. Its quite good in terms of durability.
Tested both tyres at Seremban to Mantin hilly road.
Time is 12.30pm hot afternoon.
Lap : 6 up and down

Potenza G3
Impressive grip, with strong side threads. Still have good threads visible after lapping.
Small block thread, have minor distortion in the block but not visible, have to measure with caliper.
Good cornering speed with good steering feel.
Noise level is above good.
Tissue sticked on the tyre surface can be peeled off layer by layer easily.

Advan AD07
Awesome grip, side threads not so strong. Some fade away after lapping.
Big block thread, no distortion in the block.
Good cornering speed and steering feel a bit heavy cause very sticky on the road. The hotter it gets, the stickier it become.
Noise level is average.
Tissue sticked on the tyre surface can be peeled of very easily. Last layer is fully stick on the tyre.
weight of the tyre is heavier than G3. i have measured the wight but forgot already. Will find the data soon.

Conclusion, AD07 suitable for those street racing boys or girls that doesnt matter about durability cause grip comes 1st.
G3 suitable for those who play play sometimes only good durability.

kenchao10

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
skyline7 said:
Which tyres are better in quality and grip(wet n dry)?Planning to buy but no idea which is better.Help guys...TQ.
Nothing much to say, go for high gripping, long lasting tire .. Bridgestone Potenza RE711 , at least 15'' Rim.. It is V class, indicate performance maintain in 200Km/hr .. Personally using it, bought for Rm150 in Klang, Thailand made. Show me confidence when racing on the road, and very very safe and comfort while driving down hill at Genting. Slight corner at LDP Kelana Jaya moving to Damansara, 150--160 Km/hr does not have any sound of tyres skeeEE... Really Stick like teeth bitting on the ground.. Used for 2 yrs already, still remain alot of flower...

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
i'm using Yokohama AVS 17". superb for connering and superb for wet conditions but in dry condition it's very noisy! i think i want to change tyre lah.

is brigestone better ah. are the tyres noisy oso?

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
1st set) Bridgestone Potenza S03
2nd set) Yokohama advan neova
3rd set) Bridgestone potenza adrenalin RE001

1st is best, downside too expensive..
Great for track and street..
Neova are somewhat softer, but very sticky during dry especially when you heat up the tyres, they somewhat stick particles and spin them landing on to the car..
Potenza RE001, just changed to these tyres, good balance between dry and wet,
value for money..

nenon

Known Member
Nov 14, 2006
DJmobile, how much the price u get for the adrenallin R001,
really look into it, tyre design oso fancy me

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
RE 001 slightly cheaper than neova's....17 inch about rm50 cheaper

GIII pretty good in dry n wet even 20% thread left or 5%...i've experienced it before changing to neova's cuz my 2nd hand rim came with GIII's...

after that....neova's take n pek kona oni(gives me confidence in high speed corners following a GC8 in a chicane, "*S* road")...rear i'm using yoko ES100

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
215/45/R17 cost me 475 per pc..Note that there is INSIDE and OUTSIDE to these tyres..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A new study conducted in the UK by an insurance company has found Porsche to the brand of choice among the nation’s wealthiest for the second straight year in a row. SwiftCover insurance has released a list of the ten car brands wealthy people would most likely buy as well as a list of the ten they’d most likely reject.

The lists were compiled using data sourced from 2.7 million quotes registered...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience