Yokohama for GT Asia Series 2012

AFOS

Jul 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. has been confirmed as the Official Tyre Partner for the GT Asia Series 2012-2013 Season. The announcement was made today by Series organisers, Motorsport Asia and Supercar Club Hong Kong.

“This is another proud moment for the GT Asia Series. Yokohama is one of the premier tyre brands in the world and their background of successes in the Le Mans, Daytona, and various endurance races proves their strength in the development of high quality tyres,” said David Sonenscher, CEO of Motorsport Asia.

The racing heritage of The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. began with supplying racing tyres to the motorsports industry in Japan in 1963. In 1978, the Japanese tyre manufacturer introduced its sport tyre brand “ADVAN” and since then, Yokohama has been awarded with many wins in various racing categories including rally, endurance, touring car, hill climb and GT.

Yokohama continues to be involved in all aspects of motor racing including becoming the Official Tyre for the FIA World Touring Car Championship, China Touring Car Championship and ADAC GT Masters, and the company is also one of the largest tyre suppliers of the Super GT Series. This year will mark the 30th year that Yokohama has been supplying tyres to the Formula 3 Race held at Asia’s best street circuit, Guia International Circuit for the Macau Grand Prix.

“The GT Asia Series has grown from strength to strength and the evolution from its humble beginnings as a club event into a Series known around the world as one of the most interesting GT Series. The 2012 Season is expected to be an outstanding one with strengthened and new partnerships with various sponsors,” said Paul Yao, CEO of Supercar Club Hong Kong.

The GT Asia Series will visit five race circuits for a total of 11 rounds of racing. The Season will kick off in May at Sepang International Circuit before heading to the Fuji, Suzuka and Autopolis Circuit in Japan for a total of three race weekends and ending the Season at the incredible Guia International Circuit in Macau.

The 2012 GT Asia Series is supported by Graham London, AutoArt, Yokohama ADVAN, Stand21, Endless and Cody Enterprise. The Series is also supported by Official Logistic Agent IMSP.

The GT Asia Series is jointly organised by Motorsport Asia and Supercar Club Hong Kong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu sifu here!

Want to ask about the ACR30 spoiler`s 3rd LED brake lamp... Where can i buy this part? Coz recently my Estima`s brake lamp got problem. I thought it was the wiring problem. But i`ve checked and checked again. It was not the wiring problem. Without the 3rd brake light it is very dangerous if i did brake and ppl could not know i was braking! In the worst case scenario if accident has to happen `bout ppl kissing my car`s butt then i will be one who is wrong! Please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience