Porsche most popular with the wealthy

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

A new study conducted in the UK by an insurance company has found Porsche to the brand of choice among the nation’s wealthiest for the second straight year in a row. SwiftCover insurance has released a list of the ten car brands wealthy people would most likely buy as well as a list of the ten they’d most likely reject.

The lists were compiled using data sourced from 2.7 million quotes registered with the insurer, which ranks a wealthy person as someone earning $85,000 or more. Topping the list of the most desired cars was of course Porsche, followed by Jaguar in second and Mercedes-Benz in third. Surprisingly, BMW ranked in at eighth spot, falling behind Saab, Audi and Jeep.

For the list of undesired brands, Proton fared the worst with Daewoo and BMW’s Mini not far behind. Click ahead to see the full lists.

Top ten ‘most likely’
1. Porsche
2. Jaguar
3. Mercedes-Benz
4. Lexus
5. Saab
6. Audi
7. Jeep
8. BMW
9. Smart
10. Alfa Romeo

Top ten ‘least likely’
1. Proton
2. Daewoo
3. Mini
4. Rover
5. Vauxall
6. Kia
7. Fiat
8. Suzuki
9. Nissan
10. Citroen

Source : Motor Authority » Porsche most popular with the wealthy

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Jaguar.. wa.. i didnt know jaguar would be in 2nd. i thought would be mercedes ><

bubu

Known Member
Jan 12, 2006
so glad that daihatsu and perodua are not in the list.seems perodua is better than nissan lolz

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Daewoo company still alive ar? :O >< I heard from people tht it die liao. Not sure true or not this story. Lazy to look it up also :P

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
I believe this list is for Middle-class citizen, why would Saab or Smart appear to be populared, while Ferrari is no where seen??

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The thing is, the get the list via the number of insurance quotes where they look at the income bracket of the insured. Therefore, more cars sold more quotes.

So the volume of sales of a particular car will affect the outcome of this list. Porsches sells a LOT of cars, crazy amounts when you consider they only make sports cars and SUVs. And obviously people who buy them are reasonably wealthy. And the reasonably wealthy also buy lots of Mercs, Jags and so on.

Ferrari isn't anywhere to be seen because compared to the guys on the list, they are low volume sellers. Its not that they are not desirable but because of the way the list is compiled. For the same reasons, you won't see Lamborghini, Rolls Royce and other cars which sell in relatively smaller numbers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dudes, my mom's perdana executive also the auto gearbox koyak la.............
spent about 3K plus to buy 2nd hand gearbox but still not cekap la.......
when accelerate from stationary, have to do it very slowly otherwise the gear will jump from 1st gear to 2nd n got load thud sound.........
anyone can give me any advice?
what can we do to get rid of this problem?
we just replaced the shock absorbers n both upper n lower arms on both sides so now only the gearbox is a main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience