Why Disneyland not interested in Johor

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Why Disneyland Not Interested in Johor
Recent conversation between President of Disneyland International(A) and his Senior Vice-President of International Marketing(B):

A: So what's the latest on the international front?

B: Let's see. Yes, we have an enquiry from Malaisher.

A: Malaisher? Where's that? In Thailand?

B: No, that's somewhere south of Thailand. Small country, shaped like a banana.

A: Okay, what do they want?

B: They are interested in setting up Disneyland there.

A: Oh really? That must be near Hongkong. How are we doing in Hongkong?

B: Oh Hongkong is fine. That's because the weather in Hongkong is great, very conducive to outdoor action for the whole family.

A: What about the weather in Malaisher then?

B: Blistering hot, up to the thirties. Then they have two monsoons, six months apart.

A: Hmm, go on.

B: And when it rains, the place floods like hell. Cars washed away, trees uprooted, landslides.

A: You're kidding.

B: No sir. I've got a report here that says only 4 days ago an Indonesian community was washed away by a landslide.

A: Indonesian community? I thought you said Malaisher?

B: Oh yes, but they have hundreds of thousands of illegal workers, mainly from Indonesia.

A: What's the crime rate like in Malaisher?

B: Pretty bad. Snatch thieves, children kidnapped and killed ... last week a little girl was found dead. And the crime rate is expected to go up.

A: Expected to go up? Who said that?

B: The police themselves. They threatened to let the crime rate go up if the government sets up a commission that all of them don't like. See, it's here on the Net.

A: They even circulated that kind of threat on the Net?

B: Apparently a dumb corporal did it by mistake.

A: Tell me more about the police there.

B: Well, a report here says last week there was a peaceful demonstration against some tariff hikes and the police bashed them up, beat the hell out of them. I've got pictures.

A: Sounds brutally efficient.

B: Not really, cos last month there was another demonstration; this time against a forum that was being held in a hotel, and the police couldn't control that crowd. They actually asked the people in the forum to go home.

A: What more can you tell me about Malaisher?

B: Let's see ... oh yes, they produce fake DVDs by the thousands and actually sell them openly.

A: Gee, that bad huh? Well we can't let them touch our merchandise then,can we?

B: No sir. Oh, one more thing. They support Iran's nuclear program.

A: Tell me you're kidding!

B: No sir, they just had a regional meeting and their PM declared his stand. It's all in their on-line news.

A: Alright, listen. I've heard enough. We are not sending Mickey Mouse there

Last edited:

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
wakakaakka...ok ok

no more mickey la..

we make prlated la

'mikkey mou in disleyland'

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Of course NOT! Hong Kong or Japan is so much better! Plus, we will compete with them directly...

The Genting Theme Park is a running success, so let it be. Parents can gamble all they want and children can enjoy both indoor and outdoor activities on their own.

Sunway Lagoon is also a runway success... but their business depends on our weather. If it rains heavily... profits will drop.

Legend Speedy

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
Visit site
i heard tat citizen is complainin bout de project of dsineyland at johor...
cuz they feel tat de goverment now got not enuff money to carry on de jobs...
but stil wana build sumthin which is not reli need..
so they decide to cancel it... dun reli anot...

mu24

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
haha this is good stuff!!
Nice one

Pingu

Known Member
May 5, 2005
my friend told me that disneyland gave license to local companies to construct parks like universal studios and others but not disneyland..... he also said that the land for the construction site is already ready and waiting for construction.... but still i havent got a solid source for this news.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
disney is negotiating with shanghai now...they just wait for the shanghai government to approve and will start to build a super big disney land in shanghai....their ceo said they never heard abt malaysia is interested to build a disney land...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I got this through e-mail from a friend.

I think the conversation is pure fiction but anyhow sinks like a brick though.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Disney really dropped their idea of opening Disneyland in Johor already meh? They are still considering right?

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
I think it is kinda true bcoz I saw the Toy Story MRS in Japan GT malaysia has the Disney n Toy Story decals missing !!!!

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
cyclonite said:
Disney really dropped their idea of opening Disneyland in Johor already meh? They are still considering right?
Disney US never have the idea about the talks with Malaysia or Johor for the Mickey mouse in Johor.

UEM World Berhad did have a talk with Oriental Land Co. Ltd, which owns and operates Tokyo Disney Resort, a PARTNER of Tokyo Disneyland (NOT TOKYO DISNEYLAND, OK?!)

News from Reuter.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060620/media_nm/construction_malaysia_disney_dc

Our nice neighbour ring up Disneyland HQ and check the status for us, what a nice and caring(or you may call it Keh Poh Chi) neighbour we have.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/5/30/nation/14369459&sec=nation

it's just scam (you may call it tactic) UEM World Berhad used to raise their share market price.

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
disney in m'sia? hmm... no offence.. loiter'ers will spoil the image for m'sia.

imagine .. itz already an eyesore seeing those .. ahem.. u know what i'm referring to... loitering at entrance of the pubs, discos or major shopping malls... coz they can't afford it.. so they just hang out there and oogle at pretty gals...

fuck man... i can really visualise that.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
who know they would probably malaysianise the disney characters... all the female characters has to wear longer skirts and cover the tits... or wear tudung.

again.. no offence... but itz already happening around us. We've seen the extremist trying to make public affection an offence...

ppl over the world are already making fun of m'sian being so "conservative"....

I'm happy to be a msian.. but somewhat sad and disappointed by certain group of 'ppl', whom are trying to screw the harmony for the own interest, or believes.

ryan05

500 RPM
May 5, 2006
That means we'll see snow white wearing tudung.....donald /goofy wearing sarong that time. Inside disney, there wil be some fella from jais - govt scouting to catch those who are kissing, holding hands during their visit there...... In the process of construction, if money not enough....then petrol's $ raised again , perhaps to 3.50 or 4.00 per litre.. Goshhhhh !!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Affalterbach, home of Mercedes AMG has unveiled their latest 2013 SLS AMG GT, out to replace the 2010 SLS AMG Coupe and 2011 Roadster with an added 20bhp to bring it up to 583bhp at 6,800rpm for its 6.3L pure-bred Stuttgart V8...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience