WHY Check engine light off? (blacktop 20v)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
bus_3rd - thanks for updating us...

Interesting...guys...any idea why ?

Does Toyota came with safety futures like Volvo ? fuel pump kong...ECU give signal tu blow the fuse ?

like my old volvo...no meter cluster installed, the alternator will not charge, for safety reason...
mayb got shot inside the fuel pump..

old cars always have problems with electrics & electronics

:biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
The battery supply power to ECU, FP, Injectors, VVT solenoid etc via EFI fuse. So if one of those item short circuited and drawn too much current, it will blow the EFI fuse.
If fuse blown is happening, we need to look into the problem immediately. NEVER replace the fuse before you solved the problem. I came across one fello replaced the fuse with a higher rating type (30A) without solving the problem. You know what is the result after that... he burnt his wiring with 30A of current :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Good finding bus_3rd, you can open a wiring shop at Kelantan le :biggrin:

bus_3rd

Known Member
May 18, 2008
The battery supply power to ECU, FP, Injectors, VVT solenoid etc via EFI fuse. So if one of those item short circuited and drawn too much current, it will blow the EFI fuse.
If fuse blown is happening, we need to look into the problem immediately. NEVER replace the fuse before you solved the problem. I came across one fello replaced the fuse with a higher rating type (30A) without solving the problem. You know what is the result after that... he burnt his wiring with 30A of current :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Good finding bus_3rd, you can open a wiring shop at Kelantan le :biggrin:
:biggrin: kenot openla wiring shop..just nubies here in 4age haha :biggrin:
3 years with mycars with Long Ranger Long Journey everyday 110km :driver: with ron95 rm75=550-600km :driver: :driver:
nothing problem..this is my 1st prob. huhu :biggrin:
REALLY LOVE MY CAR :bawling:

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
oh by the way bus_3rd, just wanna share my experience with u.

before this i also KO-ed 2 fuel pumps. u can hear the pump's overworked noise. so, since u've already changed to another pump, might as well change the petrol filter. just my advice :)

the clogged filter caused 2 of my pumps to KONG...

shem_lexluger

Dec 29, 2009
Subang Jaya
My car is now stranded at workshop, kinda similar issue. Car died while im going thru a hump at 2nd gear (temperature normal) and couldn't restart. Can crank with the chek-chek-chek sound but wont run. To make it even sucky, once towed to workshop, the car can run nicely already and didn't die at all until today. Mech suspects fuel pump relay or fuel pump. But now not sure how to reproduce the problem. Pening :confused:

Btw, the event above is not the first time. The day before that it happened when I parked my car at a restaurant for dinner. When I wanna go back about an hour later, I can't get it to start properly. It cranked and started normally for about 2 seconds and then "semput" and died. Same result after trying for a couple of times. So I called a tow truck but when the guy came an hour later my car can start normally. So I cancelled the service and just drive home, no problem at all.

p/s: Sifoo Wong, I still owe u a TT session.

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Distributor? Sounds not so possible. Better keep monitoring your car for another wk.
Yeah lets call for TT next wk. I'll initiate the posting :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can tell me where can i tune my mivec and how much they will charge? thanks ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience