WHY Check engine light off? (blacktop 20v)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
No check light? Possible area:
1) Main Relay KO --> due to bad contact that cause arching then overheated then die
2) EFI fuse blown --> SERIOUS TROUBLE! Need to check for the possible short circuit location of your wiring
3) ECU KO --> due to aging (tua). PM me if you want a long lasting (muda) ECU :biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
emm..i think the prob is the no1 that sifu levin told..bcoz if u take out ECU relay, the light wil off..check this EFI relay first..rite bro levin? just my 2cents..

p/s-klate alik mano gu? kalu nk mitok tlg pomen pm ambo, saing2 rama klate nun..huhu

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
To confirm whether Main Relay is working or not, you may follow the following steps:
1) Turn ON IG switch
2) Locate "+B" and "E" at your Diagnostic Connector
3) Put a test bulb, or VVT light across "B+" and "E"
4) If Main Relay is functioning, the Bulb/VVT Light will lights up

*Warning: DO NOT short circuit these 2 terminals or you may cause burning on your wiring!!!

Last edited:

bus_3rd

Known Member
May 18, 2008
No check light? Possible area:
1) Main Relay KO --> due to bad contact that cause arching then overheated then die
2) EFI fuse blown --> SERIOUS TROUBLE! Need to check for the possible short circuit location of your wiring
3) ECU KO --> due to aging (tua). PM me if you want a long lasting (muda) ECU :biggrin:
Thanks bro...
anyway..have check...the problem is no.2) EFI fuse blown
after put back efi fuse then the check engine is ON :proud: ......BUT.....its no last longer.. :mad: :mad:
when engaged the switch on...efi fuse blown again...try it about 2-3 times...same..efi fuse blown..

is it something wrong with my fuel pump?

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

emm..i think the prob is the no1 that sifu levin told..bcoz if u take out ECU relay, the light wil off..check this EFI relay first..rite bro levin? just my 2cents..

p/s-klate alik mano gu? kalu nk mitok tlg pomen pm ambo, saing2 rama klate nun..huhu
kelantan at kb bro..ur pomen in what area?wats name?

translate
*klate aloh kb la kito..pomen demo alah mano?namo gapo? :biggrin:

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think it's similar to what I had experienced before. Sifu Levin818 saved me then. Basically your engine is cranking but not starting right?

IIRC what I did was to check the fuse relay box (is that what you call it?) in the engine bay, the larger one. Look for the EFI fuse (15A if I'm not mistaken), make sure that the fuse is not burnt and make sure that the contact is good. For my case it was probably loose contact.

Anyway you seem to have "caught the worm".. Good luck getting rid of it. Feel free to ask any of the sifus here especially levin818, I'm sure they'll do their best to help.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Sorry i made a wrong comment about BT ECU's component burnt last time.
The component will not burnt, no matter how frequents the VVT get enguage.
The component was burnt due to owner wrongly wire the VVT light.
serious?

u should delete the blog..

:driver:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
serious?

u should delete the blog..

:driver:

Wow !...newbie !!!
just registered and say things like that ???!!!

Levin818 already said sorry, as well all learn as we go...plus that web page belongs to one of our friend and not him...who has contribute much in 4AGE world...it's well known among other Toyotarianz , Globally...! why should delete it rather then fix it ?

Soo please...Don't be so ignorance...:itsme:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Wow !...newbie !!!
just registered and say things like that ???!!!

Levin818 already said sorry, as well all learn as we go...plus that web page belongs to one of our friend and not him...who has contribute much in 4AGE world...it's well known among other Toyotarianz , Globally...! why should delete it rather then fix it ?

Soo please...Don't be so ignorance...:itsme:
Sorry about that..

what i meant was.. if the information is not accurate, u shouldn't put it online.. coz lots of people nowadays refers to blogs like this for information..

my comment is not just for me.. but for other Toyotarianz out there..

:biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
The blog created by Acoustic (Chin) who now no longer messing with 4AGE.
(Probably now have fun with 12-throttles in China!)
I can't get hold with him since he left MY...

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

bus_3rd,
EFI fuse blown mean you have a SERIOUS TROUBLE on your wiring, or some of the item!
You need to enguage a good wireman to find out which wire/item is short circuit to car body.
After finding the culprits, then only you can plug back the EFI fuse.
Before solving the problem, the more you blown the fuse the more you damage the wiring.
At the end, you might need to replace the whole wiring...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ok then..

Mr Levin818, i notice that u location is in S.Alam..

my house is at sec24..

whenever u free.. mayb we can teh tarik anywhere?

my treat

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
That very near, less than 10 mins can reach huhu..
Lets call for a TT at Shah Alam :)
Great idea..

any location u prefer?

last time got a few SEG gathering near i-City.. didn't join them coz my car was in wshop..

i'll call them to join too :wink:

tomorrow nite perhaps?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

I heard that my '08 1300cc engine has the exact same layout as the 1600cc engine found in the Gen.2!

So is it possible that I just switch my 1300cc head with the 1600cc and make mine an immediate upgrade?

I know its too naive but please enlighten me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience