which cars is better?

fiGo_cheng

Sep 14, 2004
hewo guys,i am planning to get a new car....which one is better in terms of
performance,comfort and FC..kinna confused here.. vios,honda civic(latest edition)
or honda jazz..:confused_smile:

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Budget ? Segmentation wise :

RM80k - Vios looked better, City better specced. Swift's my choice thou. I always ask this question to people contemplating on Vios or City - If Altis or Civic is the same price as Vios or City, which would you get? 100% of people i asked answered Altis or Civic. What does that mean? You never actually like Vios or City, you merely could afford it, hence the choice was made. But if i ask Vios or Camry (Same price) not everyone would answer Camry, or Accord; merely because of the bulk, size and appropriateness. Suzuki Swift is a different thing thou, it's more of a choice of lifestyle, not merely affordability. Jazz and Yaris a good choice as well, but wayy too expensive.

Civic however, its currently one of the best in its segment, compared to Altis of course. But 120k, can get you excellent cars like Toyota Altezza, Toyota Will, or a 2nd hand Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo. Try looking around, many good conditioned recond cars available, make the right choice; try take a peek at Ford Focus 2.0 as well,very nice car, excellent handling and build. Citroen C4 is also a good choice, excellent handling and comfort, very well specced as well. But of course, many people fear the maintenance part of it, try doing some research, you'll feel very different driving something that you wont see others on the road that often. :)

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
agreed.......
it's always how much u can afford or u can fork out....
than with that budget only u choose from the available...and also what u want. I.e. performance? FC? comfort? etc...

Anyway, u can't compare performance and FC with different classes of car.
Comfort yes; but never on FC and performance.
I'm not sure though; I-DSI seems to have better fuel efficiency than VVTI. But if your Jazz is a V-TEC version obviously the FC is higher than IDSI or VVTI.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
true; but generally the design and CCs does have some impacts on FC.
But personally still think that City is has the best fuel economics. Experience: Wira 6A10 and a City IDSI exit sg. buluh tol straight up north to Thai border. 6A10 has to go pump petrol after Juru. City drives all the way up and only needs a refill after returning from Thai (Didn't drive over the border) in Sg. Petani. Both has 4 epople onboard inclusive of drivers.
Don't like the car design though.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Well ... in just my opinion, I would go for HONDA JAZZ. Because its physical looks are in urban styled and i-VTEC also i-DSI .. do i need to say more about it? :)

I heard personally from my friend whom a foreman in Naza World, he said VIOS is starting to make some problems in the engine wise, but he didnt detailed mentioning me on which part. But he was a true Toyota fan and his family all using Toyota makes, including several SEG's in his own family use.

Now he turned using the new SENTRA .. which is compared more better than VIOS.

P/S: Please have no offences in my posting above, as i just mentioned in my own thought and point of view.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Honda Civic would be a very nice car but damn; its too big a size for a bachelor. way bigger than W203 C-Class.

Honda Jazz is getting too old in its showroom life (4 years) and its replacement cant be too far away. dont regret if u buy in december and an all new Jazz is on sale in April 2007. How about that?

On the other hand, Vios is not that young of age, it already went thru its mid-life facelift - meaning an all new replacement is just around the corner.

Swift would be a good buy, but i predict it would be a bit hard to resell thus will depreciate harder. would you mind wait until next year for the CKD Swift instead of beautiful built CBU ones? it 'may be' of lower built quality..let say 92% compare to Japanese standard but a saving of 10K would offset that aint it?

If i do have some cash like 10-15K, i would buy a new car of about 30-35K, use it for a year before the value drops fast, then trade in for a car that cost 50-60K. then use it for about 12-18 mnths and trade it in for a car that cost about 80K

i believe by doing that way, i would be able to buy a 140K car in the 5th or 6th year with about 40-50% downpayment. patience pays in some ways...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
the new jazz is RM100k for i-vtec and RM92 or 93 for i-dsi. Got the infor cause my friend just got his civic and the seller gave him the price list for jazz

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Get a second hand Jazz. Simple, uncomplicated car.... wouldn't have too much problem with one. believe me. :)

after seeing the tax rates and before/after pricing of new cars in m'sia. i vouch i would not buy any new car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

it is burning..and please help me anybody...

my trusted 5 year old 850 kancil is burning...and I dont know where the exact location and what causing it to burn.

When I switch on my lamp, then smoke appears and I can smell things burn. Its look like the smoke is coming out from somewhere near the emergency signal. near the steering. I dont know what causing 'it' to burn and for your information, my car had just back from a earthing problem.

Strangely, this problem did not arise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience