Which better??From waja to Iswara??

Nov 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys planning to change yr2001 waja 4g18p auto to iswara 1.5 auto maybe yr 2000/2001.The reason i got this thought because of the dam expensive maintaining cost(power windows,door handle,wiper arm, underpower in city and noisy engine above 130km/h)...i drove my relatives iswara before....even thou it is older then waja but the car is seems more powerful,engine also more refine and the power window,door handle all that are all still working which lead to less maintenance $$??to add the tires are also cheaper as the size are 13 inch only rite??should i stick to the waja or change to iswara??

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
how often does your power window, door handle, wiper arm spoil? Waja got new all-metal type power window.. ~RM190 siap pasang.

no way the Iswara engine can be more refined and powerful than your 4G18P..unless your waja engine got problem...cause Iswara using the 4G15..same family of engine just smaller displacement.

maybe it seems more powerful cause Iswara around ~950kg and waja is ~1190kg. the Waja also has better cabin comfort compare to Iswara..

Waja damn steady and quiet compare Iswara above 130km/h.. i believe your engine got issues, go get it checked.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
how often does your power window, door handle, wiper arm spoil? Waja got new all-metal type power window.. ~RM190 siap pasang.

no way the Iswara engine can be more refined and powerful than your 4G18P..unless your waja engine got problem...cause Iswara using the 4G15..same family of engine just smaller displacement.

maybe it seems more powerful cause Iswara around ~950kg and waja is ~1190kg. the Waja also has better cabin comfort compare to Iswara..

Waja damn steady and quiet compare Iswara above 130km/h.. i believe your engine got issues, go get it checked.

I second dat bro..

brewoe

Nov 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

thats the problem u see i already pasang the metal type but it get very noisy can hear the metal part making sound when going tru rough road....gearbox got delay too since the 1st day got the car when changing from 1st gear to 2nd gear..and then when go over bump it wont change to 1st gear to provide better acceleration need to press alot on gas pedal (engine roaring waste alot fuel)only it will change to gear 1 and by the time it change to gear 1 i think iswara auto already far away infront ....it is still ok for flat road use 2nd gear after bump but can u imagine full load uphill like genting highland 2nd gear after over bump .....for the 130km/h my rpm was around 3.5rpm for that speed, felt noisy and engine was straining as compare to my fren viva even thou 4k rpm the engine still not noisy as compare to waja...anyway i service my car on schedule...gearbox oil all use ori proton too...:confused:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
see if you can apply some sound dampening material like dynamat for the metal part to eliminate the metal sound.

if since 1st day you got the car got problem..maybe lemon? why never send back to SC to check and claim warranty? as for your engine noisy.. all i can say is.. bro..find someone with Waja and 4G18P to test drive their car and see if it is the same or not..

if not same..means your car got big problem.. if same..means the comfort level offered by Waja not up to your standard..need Mercedes

mottrang

Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
money u use to buy iswara u can used to change ur gb to manual...
or u can send to tuner to tuning ur gb...
then oso u can put sound prof to avoid noise sound...
huhu...

Jun 16, 2011
Malacca
I am facing this problem also, I went to sc and they retuned again within engine and gearbox, after 4th times retuning my problem solved.

brewoe

Nov 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
see if you can apply some sound dampening material like dynamat for the metal part to eliminate the metal sound.

if since 1st day you got the car got problem..maybe lemon? why never send back to SC to check and claim warranty? as for your engine noisy.. all i can say is.. bro..find someone with Waja and 4G18P to test drive their car and see if it is the same or not..

if not same..means your car got big problem.. if same..means the comfort level offered by Waja not up to your standard..need Mercedes
the metal type i think is a failure la...solve the easy break plastic but end up got metal noise...no time to spend all the hassle to fix this and that...some more iswara power window older then waja still running like charm lo...engine noise will try other ppl waja and see...above 130km/h it felt engine is crying ask me to slow down...@@
money u use to buy iswara u can used to change ur gb to manual...
or u can send to tuner to tuning ur gb...
then oso u can put sound prof to avoid noise sound...
huhu...
lols since got the license din drive manual d, but will consider to tune my gearbox..got any professional gearbox workshop can recommend me??=D
I am facing this problem also, I went to sc and they retuned again within engine and gearbox, after 4th times retuning my problem solved.
hmm which sc is that and what problem u facing?my problem is when after slow down till like 5-10km/h only it will engage gear 1, slow acceleration using gear two after over bump..it get worst then goin uphill using 2nd gear after bump with full load....need to press full throttle only it will change to gear 1(consume more petrol and engine roar like mad):confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As i saw in my dad's waja there is a layer of sheet to sound proofe the firewall .... how do i do it on my wira as it starts to get noisy on 140 .... any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience