which cars is better?

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
people were always saying.... depreciation depreciation ... but will the buying of a first hand car ..... upon the warranty is over ..... and when the self payment of services and maintenance .... overwrite the taxes and APs you paid for when you buy the car? i dun think so ..... thats why ..... get 2nd hand cars.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
skg : the prices there is CIF - cost , insurance and freight . will be subjected to duties , taxes and the importers profit as well to get ur showroom price .
which explains the RM200k(brand new evos goes for around rm280 k , wait naza having raya sale - today @ thestar rm250k IIRC lol) diffrence between the CIF value for the evo .

btw the GTR CIF value not there right ? since the displacement highest only 2500cc not 2600cc - rb26 .

ingolstadt : i agree , get those 2nd hand cars which the owners bought using loan finance but cant seem to support it hence selling it ( inspired alot by that 4k wages thread lol ) . save a big amount there

fiGo_cheng

Sep 14, 2004
erm..thank 4 ur guys reply..how bout the honda civic latest edition....4 me,the interior looks very nice...any opinion?

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Paying 120k for a nice interior. :) But honestly, if you're looking at this segment, its the best (compared to Altis, Lancer and Sentra of course) but if you were to widen your perspective abit, care less on people who always do this "I heard that this car's maintenance is high" -- (Where actually they have no idea which part of it is so). Then perhaps you can have a good look at the Ford Focus Ghia, or Citroen C4. Both are great cars and (Althought the Focus' interior is a bit.... boring and ugly) The C4 however, is the best specced car here, loads of accessories, could ealisy out handle Civic, and mind that the reknown Citroen suspensions system, which allows you to go on any 3 wheels. And the lane departure warning system (reminds you that you've dozed off, and you're warding off your own lane while driving in highway).

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Oh, take a glimpse at Toyota Will or Toyota Altezza as well. :) Recond thou, one looks extremely exclusive, the other, a very performable sports sedan. :)

Altezza

Will VS

Last edited:

fiGo_cheng

Sep 14, 2004
haha...now kinda confused..help me out....but i really like the new civic,jazz?too pricey....interior too simply 4 me lar...exterior excellent 4 me...the main point is new jazz too pricey ler....haih..

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
The new civic, honestly nothing much ler... RM120k could fetch you much better cars. But as i said, if you're contemplating between Altis, Sentra, Lancer or Civic. Of course its the best. Why not try getting the Toyota Will VS?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
sat in my friends new civic 2.0 last night. What can I say?.........the head rest at the back seat is a pain the "head"....if it's my car; I would have taken off the backseat's head rest.
Anyway, leather seat is good; but a little bit stiffs. Leg room suprisingly can't compare to City; which City is better....dun ask me why though! All I can say is looks can be decieving. Front seat is comfy if ur not thin. Like me; I'm thin; that's why it's not that comfy as it's moulded to be like semi bucket; and with leathers, you'll slide here and there which is not comfy to me.
Btw, the dash or better put it this way; the meter console is the one that really attracts me! Okie; u dun feel the speed while ur at 100km/h. Cornering and braking is good and a RM80 full tank gives u 400km ride........wow!
It looks big out side; yes because all goes to the front. Like I said; the back can't compare with City.

Cheers all!

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
No Toyotas?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ingolstadt said:
The new civic, honestly nothing much ler... RM120k could fetch you much better cars. But as i said, if you're contemplating between Altis, Sentra, Lancer or Civic. Of course its the best. Why not try getting the Toyota Will VS?
Is the Toyota Will VS available in the local market???

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Yes, as a recond car thou. But most recond cars are in perfectly good condition. Mind one thing when you're doing your negotiations, the Will VS pricing is around RM120k, but recond cars' margin is VERY high, hence go for tough negotiations. There's one in Motor Trader, had been there around 1 year, so i believe you can press down on the pricing to go below RM100k is possible. I've seen a couple of Will VS on road and believe me, it's mesmerizing, looks damn good.

On the rear seats of Civic versus City, its because City had a very upright position sitting for the rear passengers, this is to give a false perception of having more distance betwee front seat backs, and your knee, but on long distance travelling, one may feel tired very quickly with the relatively upright position of sitting in a City. :) These are very common methods of car designing in 'cheating' for rear comfort. Take the Myvi and Vios for example, even front passengers were sitting very high. But you get loads of 'perceived' room - which in real life doesnt neccessarily relate to comfort.

Last edited:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
If project Proton didn't exist, I wonder how many japanese and european sport cars will be on our road???