What's the best ecu???

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
best ecu would be best tuner together...coz usually it works together..the tuner makes the ecu best and either way..both play a big role....
for me i like microtech...for tohers they may like adaptronic...it depends...if what they are pro at is most important....

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
if a tuner doesn't know how to tune, they make the car worse then stock ecu
exactly la....even stock ecu wont end up being all the powerband to the end...

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
that's what happen to my car..... the stupid tuner make my car drop 20whp from stock ecu :bawling:
geez....thats bad bad bad.....
hope your car get saved back soon...
anyway yah i've seen a particular tuner also tune tune tune the car keep complaining injector not big enuff etc..etc..no power..then use back stock ecu..afr 10 all ok....hmmm some people i tell u...just :banghead:

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
geez....thats bad bad bad.....
hope your car get saved back soon...
anyway yah i've seen a particular tuner also tune tune tune the car keep complaining injector not big enuff etc..etc..no power..then use back stock ecu..afr 10 all ok....hmmm some people i tell u...just :banghead:
after some messing around on my own with my mech help i manage to get back some power.... haha hopefully this friday you can put my mircotech LT10s to its full usage haha

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
after some messing around on my own with my mech help i manage to get back some power.... haha hopefully this friday you can put my mircotech LT10s to its full usage haha
heheheh yah man hopefully....
i dont know head or tails about your car...hope to find out on friday..cheers..c yah friday!

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
phat7 long time no see?where u been MIA..?

Bump: phat7 long time no see?where u been MIA..?

Bump: latest update:

microtech lt10s now available in 25psi 30psi 45psi and 80psi and 100psi..
tested and proven..
for those mad fella wanna boost up to 60 to 100psi...its available...

Bump: latest update:

microtech lt10s now available in 25psi 30psi 45psi and 80psi and 100psi..
tested and proven..
for those mad fella wanna boost up to 60 to 100psi...its available...
that is greet,stand alone is the better way~

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
now day can tuner, tune the ecu....
if not mistaken some tuner can tune what they know the ecu. but diffrent ecu...mmmmm can or not...
hope tuner have the honest thing in their heart.......

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if u have a right engine with a right tuner, even piggyback can perform well.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

if a tuner doesn't know how to tune, they make the car worse then stock ecu
There are also tuner, knw how to tune, their shop very BIG, charge very HIGH, but only tune halfway, so u come back tune again, he untung more, but oso tune slightly higher only, hoping u back....then started to say, your peripherals not cun enough, buy this, buy that, ended up super high bill....BUT still, did not tune what he should tune.

Jeeeeezzz !

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

i've install unichip on my ride....hp only increased 10% below my expectation...wat i saw on da ad..
even hilux diesel turbo can gain 30hp n i only get around 20hp...sigh.....not impress at all to be honest....i tot na car 7-15% n turbo 15-30% if not mistaken now mine is turbo also:confused::banghead::bawling::mad: only 10%....

Bump: i've install unichip on my ride....hp only increased 10% below my expectation...wat i saw on da ad..
even hilux diesel turbo can gain 30hp n i only get around 20hp...sigh.....not impress at all to be honest....i tot na car 7-15% n turbo 15-30% if not mistaken now mine is turbo also:confused::banghead::bawling::mad: only 10%....
I know a tuner, he can tune a range of piggy and standalone, truthful, reliable and very good tuning fees (below rm200 roadtune for piggy, standalone should be attractive tuning fees too). He only believe in road tune, wont promise you how much HP, coz he dont monitor HP. But incredible results....hehe....can pm me, I show his place to you :P

But anyway, your car is NA or turbo ? Coz Hilux is turbo, for turbo to gain 15-30% with piggyback is very common. My tuner tuned one turbo caldina, extra 40 horses! hehe

Last edited:

Zakie@TIC

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
Re: What the best ecu???

Hi m73zuk,

You're referring to the Siemens VDO (ECU) in your post 2001 Wira right? I used to have the same VDO in my Wira. Yes, fuel consumption can be quite high.

Bad news for you bro, seems like no piggyback can be used with that ECU, unless those high end stand alone ECU's. This VDO will reset the settings automatically. This goes the same for your other basic mods. You will feel some power in the beginning, but will fall back to normal after a week or so.

If you plan on modding your engine, I would suggest you change the ECU to an MMC ECU from other Proton of the same capacity and year 2000 or below.
Hi Guys, We at Tuned I -Chips have successfully cracked the Siemens VDO ECU for re/mapping, so NO need for any expensive stand alone or useless piggy backs. We're right now looking for dealers in Malaysia for our range of ECU re-flashing , please check out our website: Tuned i-Chips Home for the complete list of car's.

Zakie

Last edited:

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
CONGRATS TO ALL MICROTECH USERS..for getting all podium finishes in sepang drag battle 31/10/09.....

congrats....to....JO1,maskulin b8 and Scott GTi.....

MICROTECH !!! the champions choice!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my mazda 929 front suspension spoil adi....leakage..
its a 4 bolt upper mounting 1....
having difficulty in finding replacement....
wonder any adjustable for this type of 4 bolts 1....
saerch thru internet found tein having it...but i duno how much....
any idea?
prefer to find 2nd hand..
or any other recommendation?
with price pls and area to get..
new or old..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience