What's wrong with my engine??

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
hello all sifus..
i juz stepped in the world of force induction.. so i'm still quite blur with it..
currently i'm using daihatsu L9 engine with hybrid turbo..
so sometimes i rev gao gao the check engine light will on.. i went to check ecu n found out there is a fault code with o2 sensor.. n the signal showed it's lean.. so i went for dyno tune with safc..
the result of dyno was the fuel is insufficient.. no matter how much fuel tuner add.. still not enough.. so the tuner told me i better change the fuel pump.. tht was alright..
after tht i felt my car was so underpower after add so much fuel..(more than 10% at hi throttle)
so i tried to decrease the fuel.. weird thing is.. the car bcome more powerful.. den i decrease again.. to bcome -ve.. more power..

so now my questions r..
1. wad's wrong with the afc?? is it the wire terbalik pasang?
2. if really insufficient fuel supply is it necessary to change fuel pump? (i'm boosting @ 1.1 bar) or juz add fuel regulator will do?

ur help will be very very appreciate!! thanks!

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
With more fuel you're bogging down the engine.. once you lean it out the power will come back but you cant lean it too much la. I'm just wondering what your tuner was doing the whole time on the dyno? Didnt he adjust the AFR to make sure you get max power?? ....

I you plan to boost 1.1bar yes you would need a better fuel pump for safety.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
he try to add more fuel with afc but after few times adjustments he said the fuel pump is insuficient... i don think so le.. pls advise me..

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
how abt evo fuel pump?? i boost @ 1.1 with unknow bigger fin turbo wor.. but the housing very small nia.. no very lag..
now i had few choice.. the most expensive is walbro, den evo.. SR20det.. B16.. but my fren told me evo is better.. ermm.. any advice?????

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
hi,

did ur tuner use afr meter to tune? if not better find new tuner FAST

maybe ur O2 sensor kong oledi laaa...

my 2c...

140dB

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
dyno wor.. sure got AFR meter ma.. i was there when they tune also..
if o2 sensor kong the "check engine" light will turn on always right?? mine is not wor..
blur -_-"

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taken from Sync Optima:

skagee said:
Looks like the thieves are at it again..This time its Rudsdrifts (Rudy Norman) Purple AE86. Taken from his house this morning at 4 am and was last seen of the NorthSouth Highway heading towards Johore. Please anyone if you see an AE86 in bright purple spotting a GT wing , please contact me (Ariff) immediately 0122109865 thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience