What type of manual engine can match a spectra to replace engine?

sammer88

Jul 25, 2007
I'm on thinking, what type manual engine can be replace the spectra engine? Mivec? Vtec? or......other engines?

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Haaa...308ci V8 engine with hooleys carburators + big truffle blower on top of the engine..Pure muscle!!..no la..just joking..how bout a evo engine..i mean evo4..mounting all sama bro..:smokin:

sammer88

Jul 25, 2007
but evo4 not 4 wheel right? how to plug to inside? mostly is nobody to using spectra to convert engine yet right? actually spectra is a good car(body), just a heavy weight only! in speeding highway is stable & comfort. watever in traffic jam so.~ but i'm try before inside petrol full tank & using in one week including 1 day from penang back to butterworth, the meter is never down. cause i'm slowly driving, when going up the bridge also slowly, no change gear.

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
but evo4 not 4 wheel right? how to plug to inside? mostly is nobody to using spectra to convert engine yet right? actually spectra is a good car(body), just a heavy weight only! in speeding highway is stable & comfort. watever in traffic jam so.~ but i'm try before inside petrol full tank & using in one week including 1 day from penang back to butterworth, the meter is never down. cause i'm slowly driving, when going up the bridge also slowly, no change gear.
If the fuel consumption is such an important thing for you, why would you want to sacrifice that??

Evo 4 not 4 wheel???? How many wheels u think it has??
4 Wheel Drive is it? The Evo 4 is 4WD....

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Bro, then why wanna change engine if u don't do spirited driving?like the sound of BOV or petrol too cheap nowadays? :rofl:

sammer88

Jul 25, 2007
Yeah! my meaning is that Doug. is 4 wheel drive. how does 4 wheel drive engine & gearbox to plug in the body is non-4 wheel drive body? i'm thinking if pput the engine in spectra is how only.! cause i'm seem many people convert engine all is not same a model & body. but nobody to doin that before right?

speedy3210

Known Member
Dec 13, 2004
ipoh to KL
Visit site
converting a different engine shouldn't be a problem .... but the problem is when u wanna pass through puspakom inspection after conversion..

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Yeah! my meaning is that Doug. is 4 wheel drive. how does 4 wheel drive engine & gearbox to plug in the body is non-4 wheel drive body? i'm thinking if pput the engine in spectra is how only.! cause i'm seem many people convert engine all is not same a model & body. but nobody to doin that before right?
As speedy3210 said, it won't be an issue...
Besides, most satria/wira/putra with Evo engines inside are all running 2WD eventhough the Evo was originally 4wd :)
And there's even a Hyundai Coupe running a Evo engine... here..
www.autojunctions.com
So really, anythings possible... as long as there's money... EVEN Puspakom inspection..

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Sam..i tink u already mis understand what is converting an engine is all about..
Pll normally convert their engine is for getting the pure adlinaline speed..but u..dirve slow2..uphill also u dun change gear how la bro?..if u want slighty power for your car..just do some breathing mods to your car...thats enuf laa..such as exhaust system...intakes..ecus..and headworks..will give you a good mileage of fuel consumtion...evo engine is maintainance wise need A lOT OF CARE..the engine is high performance engine..are u sure u want this?...U CAL FIT IT INSIDE..no changing of mounting at all..but think deeply..what is ur purpose of wanting of converting ur car..Pure SPEED (NO NEGLECT OF FUEL CONSUPTION WATSOEVER!) slightly power, gaya lebeh or for fun..ppl take pure speed will do wateva it takes to make it happen,,dun care fuel consuption..(evo engine,trust me..consuption is beyond ur expectation..byk jugak weii~) sligtly lebeh power..just do wat i say to u just now.or the ppl who do for fun WHERE CASH IS UNLIMITED...the money dunno wat to spend edy..so bro..think realllll deep before making any desicions...:smokin:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Sam, If u would like to know about conversion but not doing it to ur car then u better read other thread first before kena flame by ppl until :nurse:
Hehe some bros already gave u a link to other thread about engine conversion for ur kinda car.do learn from there.

sammer88

Jul 25, 2007
i'm just thinking & imagine only! i'm serious to doing that! but i'm like the body~that nice body! in motosport world is nobody using this body to make a racing car right?

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
i'm just thinking & imagine only! i'm serious to doing that! but i'm like the body~that nice body! in motosport world is nobody using this body to make a racing car right?
that one not sure..if ur serious..stop thinking bout fuel consuption..my frends Gf...got a mazda b8 engine edy...fit nicely and its jpj approved..try that..but..BE INFORMED..that the b8 -b6 hafcut now days very hard to find..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Eh racing car?I don't think it's a good platform for a racing car.Other brand and models would be better.But i think u mean u just want a more powerful engine under ur hood right regardless of whether u will even reach peak RPM to get the turbo spooling :hmmmm:
But don't worry if u have turbo u won't need to change gear when u r at the mid span of Penang bridge when it goes uphill also :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys ive been wondering how do u spray a coating of paint on a chrome piece? Will the paint last on the chrome piece? Cos i heard that when u spray a coating of paint on a chrom piece it will fall off gradually.. Pls shed some light senior :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience