how to check what type of extractor i have in my hatch

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
hey guys...

Im owning a 1.3 satria. I would like to check what extractor i have. Any idea how to check? And besides, what extractor would be most ideal my ride for increased power and fuel consumption?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
take a photo of ur extractor and post it up here...
ideal for street use... 4-2-1 extractor... with proper mandrel bent pipings and collector box...

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
haha hey.. listening lol.

skywalker, i checked my engine this afternoon but i dont see the extractor. Isnt it located right below the engine?

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
hey guys...

i just took a few pictures.. hope it can help in identifying what extractor i have thr.

if im not wrong, my extractor is blocked by the big piece of metal. could be a cover i guess.

Attachments

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Your extractor is 4-1 cast iron. The big piece of metal is the heat shield. Why take picture of muffler also?

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
Your extractor is 4-1 cast iron. The big piece of metal is the heat shield. Why take picture of muffler also?
Oh thanks bro for the info.

I just thought it could help in identifying.. so i took a whole picture of the whole setup.

since its a 4-1 extractor, it should have high end power for high revolutions right? from my experience, i notice that my high end power is not really there. i cant seem to reach a speed of 110 easily on 5th gear. what could be the problem bro?

Anyone out thr, feel free to drop a helpful advices.

Thanks =)

shadow2027

Aug 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how much is 4-2-1 extractor? any other part nid to be installed to fit this part? I'm a newbie..sorry...wish to learn more...:itsme:

does it raise the acceleration?or speed>?

Last edited:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
how much is 4-2-1 extractor? any other part nid to be installed to fit this part? I'm a newbie..sorry...wish to learn more...:itsme:

does it raise the acceleration?or speed>?
4-2-1 extractor is more for city driving whereby it gives better acceleration and its for low revolutions. however u lose out in top speed. as far as im concern la.

be my guest to correct me anyone. im still a learner myself.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
im not sure about price but it your engine will feel 'lighter' and more responsive.. in terms of pick up/top speed, in will be better overall.. not much but quite noticable.. 4-2-1 is the way to go as with a 4-1 ex, ur acceleration might not be responsive compared to a 4-2-1.. since your car is stock, 4-2-1 is a better bet..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
if i'm not mistaken,doesn't proton car comes with 4-2-1 extractor meh?
the con about the extractor is the weight and the runner.the primary and
the secondary runner is damn short.

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
err... now im confused. could you guys please describe a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 extractor further?

my aim is to achieve a better acceleration.

thanks for the previous and for the upcoming advices =)

masyuk_84

Sep 1, 2010
jay bee<>bangi
err... now im confused. could you guys please describe a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 extractor further?

my aim is to achieve a better acceleration.

thanks for the previous and for the upcoming advices =)
X.O wut is 4-2-1 and 4-1 right...
p/s early to all sifu, right me if i'm wrong...
from engine to ekzos you have 4 outlet right...then it going to 2 pipe or 1 pipe before the middle of ekzos piping...then the final is your muffler...

means from engine head is 4...
then change to 2 or straight 1 before the middle pipe...

but how if 4-2...hehehehe:burnout:
that means you are using 2 muffler...'m i right sifo's... :biggrin:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hmm...iswara 1.3...quite old edi...comes with 4-2-1 extractor? does piping n muffler makes better performance? :hmmmm:
sure it does bro.make sure u got the right size.it will improve ur engine overall power and response.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure most of you here have discussed or heard about chassis stiffness and rigidity in converted cars specifically for Proton chassis with high powered Mitsubishi engines like 4G63T. For Proton's case, many will agree that some of these chassis will not be able to take the stress from the engine and cracks might develop somewhere in the chassis later after continuous usage. So, we can say that these chassis developed for ordinary road cars may not be suitable to withstand the stress from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience