What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

klipsch

Known Member
Oct 30, 2005
Klang
Biggest regret was to pour in money to mod adjustable suspension and overhaul my previous ride Wira 1.8 SOCH and converting into DOHC manual... and then converting back to auto coz my bro ham_m2 prefers auto... now have to sell off the gbox and other parts :hmmmm:

Aih, otherwise i would have afforded stage 3 package for the SR3 :rofl: What to do, expensive lesson to swallow... now, better save money while doing research and do in one go... harmony is the key here i think...

to thread starter, thanks for this wonderful idea... got outlet to vent out hehehe

P/S: sorry ham_m2, let's change back to SOHC... want ah?:listen:

mabah

Jan 27, 2009
Regrets? using does stupid add on gimmick devices e.g microcompressor, plug cable etc. :banghead:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
ya... after regret...next time wont repeat again ...
all just the "money"problem .. :(

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
regretted modding iswara too much...but hey its a learning process still...heheh
might upgrade to another more powerful and more fuel consuming car...

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
mods i regretted..
1. microcompressor -why karam jit promoted this?
2. evo power - stupid thing seriously..hahahaha..
3. stromberg - makes my engine lean all the time..temperature high
4. supertouring flywheel - good top speed, sluggish response..skimmed it then a lot better..better yet use standard flywheel with 1.6 clutch..more fun i think..
5. wei yip's matola center bullet - hahahahaha..
6. wei yip's twisted 4-2-1 header - got gelak kaw2 when send my car tuning the other day
7. 210cc injector - damn sluggish response..but still need more fuel ended up putting afpr..way better..
8. iridium - not needed, why spend more?
9. simota oped pod filter - standard one much better

owh, i drive wira 1.3 injection

Last edited:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
I own a wira 1.5I auto, recently converted to 4G93T manual.

The things i did not regret.
-Digital Aircond
-Better FC
-More G's
-Engine bay looks cool

The things that I regret.
-When selecting HC, din bring mech together, idling got some jerking, till now havent found the problem yet
-Bought a replica Greddy Type RS for RM180.00, till now no use it. Std BOV feels great and low profile
-Had to buy new set of RIM because of bigger brake caliper
-Got 2.5" exhaust piping.. spoil my ICE...

Overall... i din not regret having 4G93T in my wira a/b... great exp with little money spent.. err.. little money comparing to all the sifus here lah.. kekekeke... std GSR.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
guys..
its not wrong to mod your own ride...regardless on how much u spent...its a hobby....sama like your wife/gf/fiance go shopping, buy clothes, especially shoes....we guys rather spend money on car...rather than clothes....

i started of with toyota le 1984, used it for 2 years, had accident, no insurance cos 3rd party...had to spend rm2k++ to buy 1986le nosecut & replaced it with straight piping, full bucket seats, cool ICE...tapi engine 1.3......after a while bought satria GTi...didnt mod much....at the same time bought kancil 660 to get to office & back home.....after kawin, wife told to sell GTi & get a 4 door car....apa lagi...right foot itchy...ambik perdana twin turbo.......so far its a reliable car...just the spare parts sucks...need to get made in japan ones....cheaper than ori proton but as both are reliable......now married life a bit difficult to mod my ride.......cos need to support baby & wife then if got balance, it goes to modding my car.....by the end of the day not much left right....

but i dont regret modding my car.....do not regret wat u had done, just take it as a lesson.
remember, do not make the same mistake twice....

keep on modding your car bros....
cheers.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
guys..
its not wrong to mod your own ride...regardless on how much u spent...its a hobby....sama like your wife/gf/fiance go shopping, buy clothes, especially shoes....we guys rather spend money on car...rather than clothes....

i started of with toyota le 1984, used it for 2 years, had accident, no insurance cos 3rd party...had to spend rm2k++ to buy 1986le nosecut & replaced it with straight piping, full bucket seats, cool ICE...tapi engine 1.3......after a while bought satria GTi...didnt mod much....at the same time bought kancil 660 to get to office & back home.....after kawin, wife told to sell GTi & get a 4 door car....apa lagi...right foot itchy...ambik perdana twin turbo.......so far its a reliable car...just the spare parts sucks...need to get made in japan ones....cheaper than ori proton but as both are reliable......now married life a bit difficult to mod my ride.......cos need to support baby & wife then if got balance, it goes to modding my car.....by the end of the day not much left right....

but i dont regret modding my car.....do not regret wat u had done, just take it as a lesson.
remember, do not make the same mistake twice....

keep on modding your car bros....
cheers.
i very afraid this sentence "keep on modding your car bros...." its poison :stupid:

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
cutting abs spring just to look lowered..cause my car accident cause a coil accidentaly out of their abs frame..hit divider cost me bodywork + paint...:banghead:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
edwin...its passion not poison.....

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

cutting abs spring just to look lowered..cause my car accident cause a coil accidentaly out of their abs frame..hit divider cost me bodywork + paint...:banghead:

bro..how many gelung u cut?
1 should be sufficient....

patrickonghm

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
i own a DC2 integra,

things that i didnt regret:
-toda extractor
-mugen E.C.U.
-TEIN adjustable 16-point

things that i regret:
-CF look GT wing
(but took out already haha)

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
edwin...its passion not poison.....

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

bro..how many gelung u cut?
1 should be sufficient....
2 1/2,..front, 2 at back..really regret doing that..