What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
i own a DC2 integra,

things that i didnt regret:
-toda extractor
-mugen E.C.U.
-TEIN adjustable 16-point

things that i regret:
-CF look GT wing
(but took out already haha)
yes yes.. you makes me remember i did have a gtwing.. not to say regret.. but, it create so many drag, that it kills my topspeed.. (but it feels nice going thru mini bridge. it makes your car stick to the ground)
sold it off and got myself a mugen style spoiler.

Reactions: แรนV

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I regret buying an exedy racing clutch and put into my dc2 gsr, after 2 month totally slip. Even i felt the slipage after 1 month of use. Then after that i change to Type-R clutch can last 2 years until i sold my car.

I also regret selling my dc2 back in 2005. I regret selling it with a really quick tuned racing chip.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I regret putting a lightened type-r flywheel on my dc2 b18c engine. After putting it, there's no top speed and even a putra can easily overtake me. Then after putting back original flywheel i have back the top speed and can go 200km/h ++ and can even tapau evo3 on 300m drag...really miss my car...

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
let a lousy mechanic install 4ITB into my iswara...
Lost power and super high FC...
waste money only...:banghead:
wow... ITB on iswara.. power shiut...
or FC powerfull... kekekeke but sure looks nice in the engine bay.

civic_mind3d

Jun 30, 2006
bro wafs... which type of exedy racing clutch u used? i was thinking of doing the same mod...exedy cover + 3 puck + b16b type R flywheel into my b16a...now reading that you regret it making me have 2nd thoughts to install it...

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
bro wafs... which type of exedy racing clutch u used? i was thinking of doing the same mod...exedy cover + 3 puck + b16b type R flywheel into my b16a...now reading that you regret it making me have 2nd thoughts to install it...
I bought the exedy racing clutch 3 puck. This can only be used for racing but not daily driving. You will suffer in the traffic jam and you will have to slip the clutch otherwise, your engine will vibrate, and so, this will wear out the clutch plate. it last only 1-2 months by doing this. It's better to use the exedy semi-racing clutch.
As for the type-r flywheel, if it's being used in a type r engine then it's okay. Maybe because b16b and b18cr have cams, gear ratios, engine tuning that benefits by using the flywheel. Because type-r engine has higher rev and the power is on the high end. Whereas the normal b16a and b18c does not have this type-r engine characteristics. When i used it, rpm can be rev high quickly but no power in the process.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
Playing ICE in my Neo. U can't play ICE and performance together in N/A car. The weight of amp and speaker killing ur performance. Now want to remove it, but will cause "parut" in the car since drilled here and there.

Lexter

Jun 20, 2009
whoa, this thread is really interesting, can read all the Dos and Donts...

After taking my friend's Waja fitted with 0.4 bar Bolt on Turbo, i m impressed with the feel and want to do it to my Waja, but its Auto tranny.

It will cost some $$$, but not sure if i'll regret doing it after the novelty wears down. As you know, my Waja drives like a piece of junk (eg. noisy, rattlings...etc). Donno if i will regret after doing it since the luxury of driving comfort is no longer there...

advise pls brotas & sistas..

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i've been with mt sgti for 6 years.
thing i regretted the most is:

1)installing a 'made in china' 2-way alarm, bought from this forum.
Initial plan was to protect my car.
Still my car got smashed and my safc2 and etc was stolen. the alarm was not that helpful anyway. But i am not blaming the alarm for that.
What fustrated me the most was the problem it gave: numerous electrical problems caused by it the most damning things being that i was unable to start my car. Took it back to rewired for a few times but still problem persist after a few months. So i finally took it off and i sleep better everynight and my ears are also more comfortable without the nagging from my parents and my fiancee....hahaha

2) Letting those XYZ accessories shop to handle my ICE. Initially i was inexperienced. Add this add that. Rewire here rewire there. Finally i know i've been conned. Go to some of the more trusted ICE shops. They are just as expensive but the stuffs the give and the service provided are top notch. Plus due to the competition by rival ICE shops, the price is jus as competitive. Compared to those XYZ shops, they charge you expensive and the give you lousy stuffs. All in all i wasted about at least 1k alone in workmanship and cap palang wires and whatnots.

What i don't regret:
1)piggyback ecus supplemented by full piping all the way from extractors to the muffler. I got mine done correctly (most importantly not at places like wei yip) and it work wonders for a budget mod. Totally bang for buck mod.
2)Strut Bars
3)My Focal components and JL sub =)

Now i am thinking of installing a 6 puck trinity clutch. So i was wondering anyone can share their experience on whether it's manageable as a daily driven car. i dun wan this to become another regret man.

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Trinity 6 puck is fine for daily driven cars.I have been using it for 3 months...EXEDY is spring hubbed disc and trinity is solid...both the cluth is fine for daily drivers no issues...but performance wise...i prefer trinity...

Last edited:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Trinity 6 puck is fine for daily driven cars.I have been using it for 3 months...EXEDY is spring hubbed disc and trinity is solid...both the cluth is fine for daily drivers no issues...but performance wise...i prefer trinity...
I am thinking of trinity 6 puck + exedy cover.
anyway thanks man.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
no worries bro...

i have about 5 friends in total...using trinity..all very happy...about traffic jam,for me both was about the same...exedy and trinity also a lil stiff....but after 1 or 2 weeks you'll get use to it...once you feel the grip of the clutch...it will be worth it.. :biggrin:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
talking about ICE.... i was even worst, installed an alpine 7949 wid changer and h701 processor, coupled wid alpine f17t powered by TRU amp and a dammly big 15" sub powered by a 2000w amp in my DRAG CAR. everytime drag take out sub. cant enjoy a thing. not even a good sQ as a drag car does have a loud exhaust system and crunchy tomei lsd. SPL wise. also not to satisfaction, due to the existance of interference, cancellation occurs and the most it can only pump 137.7db in-car..

got fed up, took out everything. sold them all...