What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
if u got alot of money y not?
cf bonnet do make alot of difference.

b4 i wanna say anything guys, let u guys see my CF hood and u guys be the jugde.

what's the difference with these CF hoods?

[/quote]

was i conned? did i get a fake one?

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
u din get conned, u just got the lower quality ones
the guy is sending me a replacement due to the big gap u see in one of those pics. such lousy workmanship.. paid 2.1k for nth.. wat a rip off. btw, how do i tell if it is high quality?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
if im not mistaken there's a grading system to determine the quality of the workmanship thus justifying the price of the cf hood.

im not really well versed with cf stuff...i just like to look at it

and i still wouldn't buy it cuz next thing i'll get are fingerprints :biggrin:

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
if im not mistaken there's a grading system to determine the quality of the workmanship thus justifying the price of the cf hood.

im not really well versed with cf stuff...i just like to look at it

and i still wouldn't buy it cuz next thing i'll get are fingerprints :biggrin:
u believe this is from taiwan? i doubt it. the guy from KL told me is taiwan made.zzz.. taiwan so lousy workmanship meh?:stupid:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
like i mentioned, i'm not very well versed with cf stuff...but i don't think its the matter of where its made either. QC in manpower n machinery also plays a roll therefore producing good high quality items are crucial in these industries....

i seen some made in china n made in malaysia ones are quite evenly produced but brandless, so its a one off thing. not mass production. i even had active component speakers(avantgarde) which is made in cheras..but the company didn't last very long

where u bought ur hood anyway bro? looks like the lacquer coat didn't last very long n the spread wasn't even

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
where i bought it?.. FIRST CARBON.. zz.. dissapointed.. just cause i am from east malaysia, dun mean they need to ship me this kind of quality.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
oooh....sorry to hear that man, but if u come over kl,jb or pg area, scout around can find pretty decent cf hoods around ur price range

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
bought mine at 2.1k. ZZZZZZ. wanna die. summore to make matters worst, the boss says i have to ship back the rejected CF bonnet at rm300.paying shipping fees for nothing. i wonder how that guys does business..people hear also run away..

kezman

Known Member
Dec 5, 2007
KL
I think getting CF products from renowned shops or brands eliminates the chances of getting reject items maybe?

jontay02

Nov 23, 2008
I think getting CF products from renowned shops or brands eliminates the chances of getting reject items maybe?
Racecraft is renowned.. is First Carbon renowned? it was introducted by a friend.. take a look at my bonnet and tell me wat u think? dissapointed? i was slaughtered to the brim.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
300 to ship it back? bro, air asia so cheap, fly down n take it back urself la....

i mean get an air ticket and come down, the next one u take home u can inspect puas puas before it leaves kl

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
bought mine at 2.1k. ZZZZZZ. wanna die. summore to make matters worst, the boss says i have to ship back the rejected CF bonnet at rm300.paying shipping fees for nothing. i wonder how that guys does business..people hear also run away..
ask the seller to bear the cost because the defact is not your doing. tell him u aren't very happy with it already and now u need to fork out an additional rm300.

give him a piece of ur mind. customers are always right =)

kezman

Known Member
Dec 5, 2007
KL
Racecraft is renowned.. is First Carbon renowned? it was introducted by a friend.. take a look at my bonnet and tell me wat u think? dissapointed? i was slaughtered to the brim.
I'm not sure about First Carbon though. But I agree with arrowhead. Defects on the product is not your problem and you shouldn't be paying the additional fees / charges.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
ah chin, ur wrong...

Customers aren't right all the time but they do deserve to be treated right.