spot welding

arsenalboi

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
any bros know where got do proper spot welding of chassis (with bracing) and the pricing? thanks

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
adding extra welding points to weak part of ur chassis... spot welding, as it says, welds spots/dots to the chassis.... as for seamwelding, means welding continuously on the weak chassis joints....
additional....hehe...
so that your car wont become torn apart bcome 2 piece lor...

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
i actually beg to differ on the term 'spot welding' as what is usually done to 'strengthen' the chassis most of the time are tack welds. these beads of welds are placed along sills and other integral parts of the chassis structure to stiffen the chassis up.

in my opinion, tack welds don't last and don't penetrate fully because a tack weld is usually done to position the workpiece BEFORE the final weld (ie. butt welds, stitch welds, etc.).

spot welding requires either use of a spot welding clamp/tool which can cost about RM3.5k and usually no one uses these here...so, the next best thing would be to do 'plug welds' or 'puddle welds'. essentially you drill a hole through one piece of the sheet metal/panel you're working on and then proceed to fill up the hole with weld. hence the name plug/puddle welding.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings ZTHtizen..

First of all, sorry if this went to the wrong thread. BTW found this but not sure it's the right one.

well shit happen and lesson learnt.

Met an accident last March, someone knocked my car over. Make police report and so on. And it's time to send to a workshop. My car still can be driven btw, so i took my sweet time looking for a workshop. But...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience