[WTA] spot welding

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
hi there,

any ideas where to do a PLC (Cheap Nice Good) spot welding around Sunway/PJ area?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
davidv00,
i believe that there aren't many places locally that can execute proper spot welds. what they'll give you are tack welds instead. which you could do yourself. spend about 1k+ ringgit for a MIG welder and you can do the job yourself.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Try X-Factory (beside Millenium, behind GT Auto)

But things you should consider before doing.

- A spot welded or tack welded car is illegal and liable to be "sita" by JPJ. (because they have reason to suspect your car is "kereta sambung")

- During collision accident, car crumple zone is deleted. All the impact force is transfer into the passenger cabin.

- After accident, the car damage is much more severe than non welded and hi chance of chasis warping. (also because all the impact is transfered all over the car body chasis)

- Once welded, cannot be undone. Sure kantoi at puspakom checks.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
then how about just spot weld a few points that has no issues on what had been described? :wavey:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i heard someone does "satay" style welds 4 track cars locally. (pricey)

photo as a reference

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
davidv00,
what are you trying to accomplish? if it's chassis stiffness, might as well get an FIA based specification bolt-on rollcage. easy in, easy out.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
davidv00,
what are you trying to accomplish? if it's chassis stiffness, might as well get an FIA based specification bolt-on rollcage. easy in, easy out.
i am trying to slightly stiff up my car chassis (proton you know la...) abit, during hard u-turn or cornering i can feel my rear strut bar is pulling the car apart kinda of sound.... scary le.. :confused:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
try look up those ultra company.ask them to install all the braces n strut that
they got in the catalog.u will feel the difference after it.i don't think spot weld
is a good idea for a street car like ur's david.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to ask all ZTH members, has anyone ever experienced the explosive force of inflating SRS Airbags and would it be alright to share your experienced? :nurse:

The reason I am asking this is to understand further how the human body reacts when opposing energy forces are encountered in an event of a frontal collision. Thank you very much for your kind understanding. :itsme:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience